jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,084

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#1721 » by jbk1234 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:42 am

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:I guess. I mean I dont think when Noel is paid what he is and is there right behind Gobert for blocks on the season with 7 others in between them and JFro you can call him an elite rim protector. border line but not enough to pay him 100mil i dont think not without expanding his range or becoming more of a focus offensively or something which although possible is far less likely than sign & trading him picking up a backup pg and using the mid first they get for him then drafting Isaiah Todd to become that rim protector but coming into the league as a 6'11' shooter etc.
There's really no comparison between Gobert and Noel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app

yeah one is durable and the other is not but outside that what is the difference as rim protectors ?So you just agreed that JFro is worth Noel $ but is somewhat more durable but he is not at all worth Gobert $ thanks
The key difference is one is the DPOY and the other guy is a career backup. I do expect Noel to get MLE money this summer. It's mathematically impossible for Allen to get Gobert money.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1722 » by jbk1234 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:08 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,373

Post#1723 » by JonFromVA » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:50 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

It was beyond stupid that the Cavs were expected to give up the #1 over all pick to trade for a disgruntled Kevin Love, but couldn't get anyone to offer a current or recent lottery picks for Kyrie.

We dodged a bullet not trading for Josh Jackson, but still ... most of the time All-Star caliber players are traded for a package of veterans, future picks (often protected) and swaps.

Having patience to find another team desperate for your player is the ideal approach, but that assumes you can deal with the fallout of not making a move sooner.
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#1724 » by Revenged25 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:30 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

It was beyond stupid that the Cavs were expected to give up the #1 over all pick to trade for a disgruntled Kevin Love, but couldn't get anyone to offer a current or recent lottery picks for Kyrie.

We dodged a bullet not trading for Josh Jackson, but still ... most of the time All-Star caliber players are traded for a package of veterans, future picks (often protected) and swaps.

Having patience to find another team desperate for your player is the ideal approach, but that assumes you can deal with the fallout of not making a move sooner.

Well Minnesota knew they had Cleveland over a barrel with LeBron coming back and extracted every drop of value that they could.
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Post#1725 » by Harper4Ferry? » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:27 pm

What all stars can we even get? Porzingis or Ingram? Maybe Ingram for Sexton and Love, but I dunno how we could do better
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1726 » by jbk1234 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:54 pm

Harper4Ferry? wrote:What all stars can we even get? Porzingis or Ingram? Maybe Ingram for Sexton and Love, but I dunno how we could do better
It's basically Jaylen Brown or Ingram.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Post#1727 » by Harper4Ferry? » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:28 pm

I don’t see how Boston would trade Brown at this moment. Still an ascending player with 3 years of sub max money left.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1728 » by jbk1234 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:52 pm

Harper4Ferry? wrote:I don’t see how Boston would trade Brown at this moment. Still an ascending player with 3 years of sub max money left.
I don't really see the Celtics or Pelicans trading those guys. It would have to be a three team deal with a guy like Dame becoming available.

I have to say though that I wouldn't move either of them for Dame. I think people are getting out over their skiis on Dame's trade value. He'll be 31 in a couple weeks and his Supermax kicks in next season. You're hopefully getting 2-3 seasons before he starts to fall off and you'll be paying him more than $50M per at that point.

I think the Lakers contention window has already closed. The Clippers may not be far behind them. Who knows if the Nets will manage to stay healthy enough to win a title. Those organizations will be paying the tab for putting those teams together for a long, long time and they've barely just begun.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#1729 » by Stillwater » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:49 pm

Not my preference but if they are insisting on getting some project wings for Sexton:
CLE in : 2021 ATL 1st (20th), Reddish, Okpala.
CLE out : Sexton ,Stevens,2022 WAS 2nd,2023 Denver 2nd,2026 LAL 2nd.
ATL in : Herro,2022 WAS 2nd, 2023 Denver 2nd.
ATL out: Reddish,2021 1st, Miami 2021 2nd ( give back rights)
MIA in: Sexton ,Stevens, 2026 LAL 2nd, own 2021 2nd(48) back from ATL
Mia out : Herro, Okpala

This makes some sense for all teams involved. I think it is just dumping Sexton, but at least that get a couple of large sg/sf types that can shoot and have upside still being so young. The 20th pick is required here as well to justify the trade and without it not gonna happen.
Maybe I am undervaluing other pieces of the puzzle here, but reddish has been basically abust and is just a reclamation project , Okpala has fought through injuries and could be the golden ticket of this deal for CLE and the 20th pick could at minimum get a back up pg or a sleeper bpa
fyi you can substitute Kabengele or Wade for Stevens and it still works

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7443318
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/draft_simulator/view/863395/
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Post#1730 » by KuruptedCav » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:14 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Harper4Ferry? wrote:I don’t see how Boston would trade Brown at this moment. Still an ascending player with 3 years of sub max money left.
I don't really see the Celtics or Pelicans trading those guys. It would have to be a three team deal with a guy like Dame becoming available.

I have to say though that I wouldn't move either of them for Dame. I think people are getting out over their skiis on Dame's trade value. He'll be 31 in a couple weeks and his Supermax kicks in next season. You're hopefully getting 2-3 seasons before he starts to fall off and you'll be paying him more than $50M per at that point.

I think the Lakers contention window has already closed. The Clippers may not be far behind them. Who knows if the Nets will manage to stay healthy enough to win a title. Those organizations will be paying the tab for putting those teams together for a long, long time and they've barely just begun.

I think the Cavs role is to supply the young player back to the team trading their star, siphoning some value in a trade that never nets out as equitable.

In NOP for instance, Ingram to Cleveland with Beal to NOP and Sexton + Value to Washington

Wash Out: Beal
Wash In: Sexton, Windler, Prince, 2021 #10, Best of 2022 NOP/LAL

Washington gets 2 picks and two young players for Beal, replaces Beal’s offense and contract slot.

NOP Out: Ingram, Hart, 2021 #10, 2022 #1
NOP In: Beal, Osman

NOP gets the second star to play with Zion, contracts between out and a little SF insurance. NOP pays the star premium.

Cleveland Out: Sexton, Osman, Prince, Windler,
Cleveland In: Ingram, Hart

Cleveland gets a SF locked up and balances roster while siphoning the premium NOP pays for Beal.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#1731 » by Stillwater » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:32 pm

KuruptedCav wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

I think the Cavs role is to supply the young player back to the team trading their star, siphoning some value in a trade that never nets out as equitable.

In NOP for instance, Ingram to Cleveland with Beal to NOP and Sexton + Value to Washington

Washington gets 2 picks and two young players for Beal, replaces Beal’s offense and contract slot.

NOP gets the second star to play with Zion, contracts between out and a little SF insurance. NOP pays the star premium.

Cleveland gets a SF locked up and balances roster while siphoning the premium NOP pays for Beal.

I think you are right this is the kind of thing the Cavs are hoping to do, but will fail to accomplish.
It is already looking like Griff has fkd up his rep with Zion and so I fully expect one of them to be out in NOP and the owner probably wants to fix whatever to keep Zion, but it might be too late. I dont see anyone in that org being willing to part with BI if Zion is disgruntled with the front office and no trade for Beal will change that
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,025

Post#1732 » by NotMyKawhi » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:41 pm

Pascal for love and #3
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#1733 » by Revenged25 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:02 pm

NotMyKawhi wrote:Pascal for love and #3

No
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1734 » by jbk1234 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:49 pm

Hardest of passes.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Post#1735 » by KuruptedCav » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:49 pm

Love & Sexton for #4 and Pascal

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1736 » by jbk1234 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:56 pm

Stillwater wrote:Not my preference but if they are insisting on getting some project wings for Sexton:

This makes some sense for all teams involved. I think it is just dumping Sexton, but at least that get a couple of large sg/sf types that can shoot and have upside still being so young. The 20th pick is required here as well to justify the trade and without it not gonna happen.
Maybe I am undervaluing other pieces of the puzzle here, but reddish has been basically abust and is just a reclamation project , Okpala has fought through injuries and could be the golden ticket of this deal for CLE and the 20th pick could at minimum get a back up pg or a sleeper bpa

I think I'd rather have Herro's shooting off the bench than Reddish. I'll be surprised if Atlanta re-ups him after his rookie deal expires. They might not even keep his salary commitment all the way through. They have to pay Collins, Huerter, and Hunter and all of those guys are clearly better. Cavs could possibly attach some seconds to Cedi, dump him on another team, and get Reddish for free at some point over the next 18 months.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#1737 » by Stillwater » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:52 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Not my preference but if they are insisting on getting some project wings for Sexton:

I think I'd rather have Herro's shooting off the bench than Reddish. I'll be surprised if Atlanta re-ups him after his rookie deal expires. They might not even keep his salary commitment all the way through. They have to pay Collins, Huerter, and Hunter and all of those guys are clearly better. Cavs could possibly attach some seconds to Cedi, dump him on another team, and get Reddish for free at some point over the next 18 months.

Sure but without ATL Cavs dont get a pick at 20 and Okpala doesnt get sent in a straight herro Sexton swap so if they are interested in Herro for fit over Sexton so be it, but I doubt it defensively without more value return
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1738 » by jbk1234 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:54 pm

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Sure but without ATL Cavs dont get a pick at 20 and Okpala doesnt get sent in a straight herro Sexton swap so if they are interested in Herro for fit over Sexton so be it, but I doubt it defensively without more value return

Oh, I think the Heat really want to move off of Herro and Okpala did not look good this year after getting called up. You could probably get both.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#1739 » by Stillwater » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:58 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Oh, I think the Heat really want to move off of Herro and Okpala did not look good this year after getting called up. You could probably get both.

Herro needs to be rookie Herro for me to want him tbh but if they can get that out of him and Okpala was included given his length and upside off the bench I would have to consider it if Sexton wants out or something. Otherwsie I want some kind of High upside Reddish type that has struggled and needs a change of scenery etc and 20th is the farthest out pick I would remotely consider because I am already selling low as is with what Sexton brings to any roster and Miami has no picks to sell
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,373

Post#1740 » by JonFromVA » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:59 pm

KuruptedCav wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Now that sounds like the sort of deal the Cavs are always trying to pull off, but I don't see why the Wizards would do it.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers