ImageImageImage

Trade ideas

Moderator: jbk1234

Harper4Ferry?
Starter
Posts: 2,118
And1: 52
Joined: Jun 29, 2002

Re: Trade ideas 

Post#41 » by Harper4Ferry? » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:32 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
Harper4Ferry? wrote:Something to consider, not saying to do it, but to consider..

Cle sends Rubio, Osman, Love
Hou sends Danuel House, Wall

Before you get angry-
Cleve can take House in for the Javale trade exception and can trade Love+Osman for Wall directly which allows us to take back a TPE for the entirety of Rubio’s salary plus 100K(17M and some change). Just a thought anyways.


Ok ... but why?

You like House that much? Or do you think Wall does something for us?


I'm not saying to do it, but I'm saying that we should think about it because-
House has some value in a position of need.
Dumping Osman and Love frees up 36.3 vs next years cap.
Bringing in Wall adds 47 million to next years cap, so that is 11 million more than the Osman/Love stiff combo.
Wall is probably a better player than Rubio, the same Rubio that we'll surely dump at the trade deadline anyways.
Having a 17.9 million dollar TPE available next summer would be nice. If the Wall thing doesn't work out, we'd just buy him out anyways at the end of the season.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 43,896
And1: 25,011
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Trade ideas 

Post#42 » by jbk1234 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:52 pm

Harper4Ferry? wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
Harper4Ferry? wrote:Something to consider, not saying to do it, but to consider..

Cle sends Rubio, Osman, Love
Hou sends Danuel House, Wall

Before you get angry-
Cleve can take House in for the Javale trade exception and can trade Love+Osman for Wall directly which allows us to take back a TPE for the entirety of Rubio’s salary plus 100K(17M and some change). Just a thought anyways.


Ok ... but why?

You like House that much? Or do you think Wall does something for us?


I'm not saying to do it, but I'm saying that we should think about it because-
House has some value in a position of need.
Dumping Osman and Love frees up 36.3 vs next years cap.
Bringing in Wall adds 47 million to next years cap, so that is 11 million more than the Osman/Love stiff combo.
Wall is probably a better player than Rubio, the same Rubio that we'll surely dump at the trade deadline anyways.
Having a 17.9 million dollar TPE available next summer would be nice. If the Wall thing doesn't work out, we'd just buy him out anyways at the end of the season.
Wall is not a better player than Rubio, he takes more shots, which shouldn't be confused with being a shooter, so he scores more. He's not a better defender. He doesn't run an offense better. He's not a better passer. He's lost a step since his surgery.

Also, he's been a locker room malcontent his entire career. He's had off the court issues. He thinks he's better then he is. He wants to start. He won't be happy playing for a rebuilding team and he'll be toxic coming off the bench for one. I don't think he can play with Garland, and I know he can't play with Sexton.

I'm not convinced he'd get an MLE offer on the market today, he's already proclaimed that he's not giving any money back, and he's owed $90M+ over the next two years.

He's as close as you get to untradable in the NBA. Unless the Rockets are willing to attach Green to him, they're not, this is entirely performative on the part of the Rockets. This is when you hand the reins over to the agent and say we're happy to work with you, now go find us a trade partner.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
Posts: 15,809
And1: 1,039
Joined: Jun 19, 2007
       

Re: Trade ideas 

Post#43 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:31 am

Hello everyone, I have another trade idea! As always, I welcome all constructive criticism. As a Nets fan, I'm impartial in this scenario. I just like to build trade proposals!

https://fanspo.com/nba/s/general/trades/15adIegfE7i--u/cavs-thunder-and-sixers

CLE trades Love/Sexton/23CLE1st/25CLE1st/27CLE1st for Simmons/Favors/Joe
The Cavaliers consolidate assets to bring in a young All-Star, who adds perimeter defense and playmaking.
Simmons, Garland, Okoro, Markkanen, Allen
Rubio, Windler, Osman, Mobley, Favors


OKC trades Favors/Williams/Roby for Love/Thybulle/Maxey/27CLE1st
The Thunder leverage capspace for quality perimeter prospects. They could rehabilitate Kevin's value, or negotiate a buyout and voila! More capspace!
Alexander, Dort, Giddey, Pokusevski, Love
Maxey, Maledon, Thybulle, Deck, Muscala


PHI trades Simmons/Thybulle/Maxey/Joe for Sexton/Williams/Roby/23CLE1st//25CLE1st
The Sixers trade Ben for Collin... but hear me out! This is a calculated pre-move. By acquiring Sexton now, they can negotiate an extension before the start of the regular season. If the right star became available mid-season, they could include him in the deal, and he'll be a more attractive asset since he'll be under contract for 4-5 more seasons. Normally, BYC would complicate a superstar trade because of the salary difference, BUT that's the beauty of this transaction. The outgoing salary is $40mil, and the incoming players fit neatly into the Horford TPE. Therefore, this deal creates a new, $40mil TPE! You could absorb Beal, Lillard, Ingram or any other star into that TPE, and send back Sexton and the Cleveland 1sts! It's no guarantee, but it's a smart risk to maximize Ben's value return and Joel's window.
Sexton, Green, Korkmaz, Harris, Embiid
Curry, Milton, Williams, Roby, Drummond
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 43,896
And1: 25,011
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Trade ideas 

Post#44 » by jbk1234 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:54 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:Hello everyone, I have another trade idea! As always, I welcome all constructive criticism. As a Nets fan, I'm impartial in this scenario. I just like to build trade proposals!

https://fanspo.com/nba/s/general/trades/15adIegfE7i--u/cavs-thunder-and-sixers

CLE trades Love/Sexton/23CLE1st/25CLE1st/27CLE1st for Simmons/Favors/Joe
The Cavaliers consolidate assets to bring in a young All-Star, who adds perimeter defense and playmaking.
Simmons, Garland, Okoro, Markkanen, Allen
Rubio, Windler, Osman, Mobley, Favors


OKC trades Favors/Williams/Roby for Love/Thybulle/Maxey/27CLE1st
The Thunder leverage capspace for quality perimeter prospects. They could rehabilitate Kevin's value, or negotiate a buyout and voila! More capspace!
Alexander, Dort, Giddey, Pokusevski, Love
Maxey, Maledon, Thybulle, Deck, Muscala


PHI trades Simmons/Thybulle/Maxey/Joe for Sexton/Williams/Roby/23CLE1st//25CLE1st
The Sixers trade Ben for Collin... but hear me out! This is a calculated pre-move. By acquiring Sexton now, they can negotiate an extension before the start of the regular season. If the right star became available mid-season, they could include him in the deal, and he'll be a more attractive asset since he'll be under contract for 4-5 more seasons. Normally, BYC would complicate a superstar trade because of the salary difference, BUT that's the beauty of this transaction. The outgoing salary is $40mil, and the incoming players fit neatly into the Horford TPE. Therefore, this deal creates a new, $40mil TPE! You could absorb Beal, Lillard, Ingram or any other star into that TPE, and send back Sexton and the Cleveland 1sts! It's no guarantee, but it's a smart risk to maximize Ben's value return and Joel's window.
Sexton, Green, Korkmaz, Harris, Embiid
Curry, Milton, Williams, Roby, Drummond
This is like the equivalent of 5 first round picks. Simmons just doesn't have this value.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
JonFromVA
General Manager
Posts: 8,114
And1: 2,374
Joined: Dec 08, 2009
     

Re: Trade ideas 

Post#45 » by JonFromVA » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:47 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Hopefully, the entire Kevin Love experience has taught folks that there are sub basements below rock bottom. I'm very worried about Simmons free throw shooting. If you can't shoot, you can't shoot. But don't tell me you can't get in the gym and work on your free throws as a max player. That's very problematic for a number reasons.


The red flags regarding Simmons have been there from the beginning, but his talent is such that he can potentially help a team like ours get to the playoffs. You just have to go in without expectation of Ben changing and instead focus on how you can play to his strengths.

Like for instance if we can't figure out how to construct a team and design an offense so he doesn't end-up standing next to the rim and clogging up the paint - we have no business trading for him. If he's the kind of player that's not going to contribute unless the ball is in his hands, do not trade for him unless we plan to put the ball in his hands.

Common sense ... you'd think ...
You can't play to a player's strengths if the other team has decided to hack him as a tactic and he can't make his free throws. That's the sub basement with Simmons, opposing teams start hacking him in the regular season and it works.


Sure, if he's mentally broken and can't shoot better than 30% from the line in his career ever again, but it's a fairly safe bet he will be back around 60% again. The trick will be getting his mind settled in the playoffs, but those are first world problems for our team.
KuruptedCav
Starter
Posts: 2,254
And1: 781
Joined: Dec 15, 2004

Trade ideas 

Post#46 » by KuruptedCav » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:38 pm

I don’t like Simmons, so the only way I’m buying is at a “discount” and an eye on winning now…

I’d dig this:

Cavs In: Ben Simmons, Eric Gordon, Seth Curry
Cavs Out: Kevin Love, Collin Sexton, Ricky Rubio, 2022 unprotected FRP, 2024 top5

Rockets In: Kevin Love, Ricky Rubio
Rockets Out: John Wall, Eric Gordon, 2022 Brooklyn #1

76ers In: John Wall, Collin Sexton, Cavs 2022 #1, Nets 2022 #1, and Cavs 2024 #1
76ers Out: Ben Simmons, Seth Curry

So the 76ers get their name player in Wall, take the flyer on Sexton, and get 3FRPs. Wall/Milton, Sexton/Thybulle is a complementary backcourt.

The Rockets clear space in 2022 and spend a FRP to save $40 million.

Cavs get the shooting needed for Ben and pay the premium for an interchangeably complementary roster…

PG: Garland/Curry
SG: Gordon/Okoro
SF: Simmons/Cedi
PF: Markkanen/Mobley
C: Allen/Karbengle

Or wait til December, use Green instead of Curry and replace the 2024 FRP with 2x SRPs.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
toooskies
Junior
Posts: 381
And1: 143
Joined: Jul 18, 2013

Re: Trade ideas 

Post#47 » by toooskies » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:42 pm

KuruptedCav wrote:I don’t like Simmons, so the only way I’m buying is at a “discount” and an eye on winning now…

I’d dig this:

Cavs In: Ben Simmons, Eric Gordon, Seth Curry
Cavs Out: Kevin Love, Collin Sexton, 2022 unprotected FRP, 2024 top5

Rockets In: Kevin Love, Ricky Rubio
Rockets Out: John Wall, Eric Gordon, 2022 Brooklyn #1

76ers In: John Wall, Collin Sexton, Cavs 2022 #1, Nets 2022 #1, and Cavs 2024 #1
76ers Out: Ben Simmons, Seth Curry

So the 76ers get their name player in Wall, take the flyer on Sexton, and get 3FRPs. Wall/Milton, Sexton/Thybulle is a complementary backcourt.

The Rockets clear space in 2022 and spend a FRP to save $40 million.

Cavs get the shooting needed for Ben and pay the premium for an interchangeably complementary roster…

PG: Garland/Curry
SG: Gordon/Okoro
SF: Simmons/Cedi
PF: Markkanen/Mobley
C: Allen/Karbengle

Or wait til December, use Green instead of Curry and replace the 2024 FRP with 2x SRPs.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Missing Rubio going out from the Cavs.

I'm not sure this is a better deal for Philly than just taking Sexton/Love/picks or Sexton/Rubio/Osman/picks for Simmons-- the only reason he'd want Wall is to send him out to match Lillard/Beal. But if Morey's getting Wall, he won't want Sexton, he'll want Mobley.
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
Posts: 2,118
And1: 52
Joined: Jun 29, 2002

Re: Trade ideas 

Post#48 » by Harper4Ferry? » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:38 pm

Foolish to give up a 2022 unprotected pick with (at least) 2-3 #1 overall type guys in the pool.
JonFromVA
General Manager
Posts: 8,114
And1: 2,374
Joined: Dec 08, 2009
     

Re: Trade ideas 

Post#49 » by JonFromVA » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:52 pm

Harper4Ferry? wrote:Foolish to give up a 2022 unprotected pick with (at least) 2-3 #1 overall type guys in the pool.


There's only a couple of things fans from other teams seem to want from the Cavs now that Larry is traded and that's either our unprotected firsts or our second round picks that are likely near first rounders.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 43,896
And1: 25,011
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Trade ideas 

Post#50 » by jbk1234 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:27 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
Harper4Ferry? wrote:Foolish to give up a 2022 unprotected pick with (at least) 2-3 #1 overall type guys in the pool.


There's only a couple of things fans from other teams seem to want from the Cavs now that Larry is traded and that's either our unprotected firsts or our second round picks that are likely near first rounders.
Then don't make a trade. At this point, I think it's important to acknowledge where we're at:

(1) We couldn't move Sexton for the type of return we wanted and the reasons for wanting to trade him haven't simply gone away as a result of that.

(2) We drafted Mobley knowing he probably wasn't going to be an impact starter in year 1.

(3) We entered the offseason without a viable backup PG or SG on the roster and we traded our viable backup SF for Rubio. We couldn't fill either wing position with the MLE so we used the cap space on a stretch 4.

If the Magic would trade both Ross and Harris for Love and a protected 1st, I think that could impact not only this season, but next summer when we had enough space to make a run at a guy like Huerter. But short of that, this team isn't a swap-Cedi-for-another-bench-guy trade away from a play-in game.

The roster, particularly the starting unit, still has major issues. The only reason I haven't written off the season already is we haven't extended Sexton. Once that happens, it's all about next year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
KuruptedCav
Starter
Posts: 2,254
And1: 781
Joined: Dec 15, 2004

Re: Trade ideas 

Post#51 » by KuruptedCav » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:57 pm

toooskies wrote:
KuruptedCav wrote:I don’t like Simmons, so the only way I’m buying is at a “discount” and an eye on winning now…

I’d dig this:

Cavs In: Ben Simmons, Eric Gordon, Seth Curry
Cavs Out: Kevin Love, Collin Sexton, 2022 unprotected FRP, 2024 top5

Rockets In: Kevin Love, Ricky Rubio
Rockets Out: John Wall, Eric Gordon, 2022 Brooklyn #1

76ers In: John Wall, Collin Sexton, Cavs 2022 #1, Nets 2022 #1, and Cavs 2024 #1
76ers Out: Ben Simmons, Seth Curry

So the 76ers get their name player in Wall, take the flyer on Sexton, and get 3FRPs. Wall/Milton, Sexton/Thybulle is a complementary backcourt.

The Rockets clear space in 2022 and spend a FRP to save $40 million.

Cavs get the shooting needed for Ben and pay the premium for an interchangeably complementary roster…

PG: Garland/Curry
SG: Gordon/Okoro
SF: Simmons/Cedi
PF: Markkanen/Mobley
C: Allen/Karbengle

Or wait til December, use Green instead of Curry and replace the 2024 FRP with 2x SRPs.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Missing Rubio going out from the Cavs.

I'm not sure this is a better deal for Philly than just taking Sexton/Love/picks or Sexton/Rubio/Osman/picks for Simmons-- the only reason he'd want Wall is to send him out to match Lillard/Beal. But if Morey's getting Wall, he won't want Sexton, he'll want Mobley.

Fixed. Thanks.

I don’t know that it’s better or worse. But I do figure that Wall will contribute more on court than Love, especially on a team like the 76ers. And if Morey is able to swing his deal with PTL, it likely doesn’t matter which trade. If he’s forced to ride it out until the trade deadline or next offseason….

I also think it’s easier to sell the fans on adding 2 20ppg scorers and 3FRPs, and the chance to catch lightening in a bottle.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 43,896
And1: 25,011
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Trade ideas 

Post#52 » by jbk1234 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:08 am

KuruptedCav wrote:
toooskies wrote:
KuruptedCav wrote:I don’t like Simmons, so the only way I’m buying is at a “discount” and an eye on winning now…

I’d dig this:

Cavs In: Ben Simmons, Eric Gordon, Seth Curry
Cavs Out: Kevin Love, Collin Sexton, 2022 unprotected FRP, 2024 top5

Rockets In: Kevin Love, Ricky Rubio
Rockets Out: John Wall, Eric Gordon, 2022 Brooklyn #1

76ers In: John Wall, Collin Sexton, Cavs 2022 #1, Nets 2022 #1, and Cavs 2024 #1
76ers Out: Ben Simmons, Seth Curry

So the 76ers get their name player in Wall, take the flyer on Sexton, and get 3FRPs. Wall/Milton, Sexton/Thybulle is a complementary backcourt.

The Rockets clear space in 2022 and spend a FRP to save $40 million.

Cavs get the shooting needed for Ben and pay the premium for an interchangeably complementary roster…

PG: Garland/Curry
SG: Gordon/Okoro
SF: Simmons/Cedi
PF: Markkanen/Mobley
C: Allen/Karbengle

Or wait til December, use Green instead of Curry and replace the 2024 FRP with 2x SRPs.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Missing Rubio going out from the Cavs.

I'm not sure this is a better deal for Philly than just taking Sexton/Love/picks or Sexton/Rubio/Osman/picks for Simmons-- the only reason he'd want Wall is to send him out to match Lillard/Beal. But if Morey's getting Wall, he won't want Sexton, he'll want Mobley.

Fixed. Thanks.

I don’t know that it’s better or worse. But I do figure that Wall will contribute more on court than Love, especially on a team like the 76ers. And if Morey is able to swing his deal with PTL, it likely doesn’t matter which trade. If he’s forced to ride it out until the trade deadline or next offseason….

I also think it’s easier to sell the fans on adding 2 20ppg scorers and 3FRPs, and the chance to catch lightening in a bottle.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
That's ridiculously generous to the Rockets. John Wall is on the worst contract in the NBA. Eric Gordon doesn't have positive value on his contract. They're getting off all kinds of bad salary for the cost of that Bucks pick?

There's also zero chance the Sixers add Curry. They'll need his spacing for Wall and Embiid.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
KuruptedCav
Starter
Posts: 2,254
And1: 781
Joined: Dec 15, 2004

Re: Trade ideas 

Post#53 » by KuruptedCav » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:58 am

jbk1234 wrote:
KuruptedCav wrote:
toooskies wrote:Missing Rubio going out from the Cavs.

I'm not sure this is a better deal for Philly than just taking Sexton/Love/picks or Sexton/Rubio/Osman/picks for Simmons-- the only reason he'd want Wall is to send him out to match Lillard/Beal. But if Morey's getting Wall, he won't want Sexton, he'll want Mobley.

Fixed. Thanks.

I don’t know that it’s better or worse. But I do figure that Wall will contribute more on court than Love, especially on a team like the 76ers. And if Morey is able to swing his deal with PTL, it likely doesn’t matter which trade. If he’s forced to ride it out until the trade deadline or next offseason….

I also think it’s easier to sell the fans on adding 2 20ppg scorers and 3FRPs, and the chance to catch lightening in a bottle.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
That's ridiculously generous to the Rockets. John Wall is on the worst contract in the NBA. Eric Gordon doesn't have positive value on his contract. They're getting off all kinds of bad salary for the cost of that Bucks pick?

There's also zero chance the Sixers add Curry. They'll need his spacing for Wall and Embiid.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app

Yeah, the pick is too low. Initially I had Cedi going to Houston, but that still would have been too low.

I was using the Pelicans/Grizz $35 mil to move down 7 spots, but, that should have been somewhere around #20 not #30. The added comp heading to Philly and the protections added to the Cavs pick.

Went back and looked at Gordon’s stats. I didn’t realize that he lost his 3pt shot the last two years. In my head he was still a high volume 38% from deep. Good catch.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
toooskies
Junior
Posts: 381
And1: 143
Joined: Jul 18, 2013

Re: Trade ideas 

Post#54 » by toooskies » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:16 am

KuruptedCav wrote:
toooskies wrote:
KuruptedCav wrote:I don’t like Simmons, so the only way I’m buying is at a “discount” and an eye on winning now…

I’d dig this:

Cavs In: Ben Simmons, Eric Gordon, Seth Curry
Cavs Out: Kevin Love, Collin Sexton, 2022 unprotected FRP, 2024 top5

Rockets In: Kevin Love, Ricky Rubio
Rockets Out: John Wall, Eric Gordon, 2022 Brooklyn #1

76ers In: John Wall, Collin Sexton, Cavs 2022 #1, Nets 2022 #1, and Cavs 2024 #1
76ers Out: Ben Simmons, Seth Curry

So the 76ers get their name player in Wall, take the flyer on Sexton, and get 3FRPs. Wall/Milton, Sexton/Thybulle is a complementary backcourt.

The Rockets clear space in 2022 and spend a FRP to save $40 million.

Cavs get the shooting needed for Ben and pay the premium for an interchangeably complementary roster…

PG: Garland/Curry
SG: Gordon/Okoro
SF: Simmons/Cedi
PF: Markkanen/Mobley
C: Allen/Karbengle

Or wait til December, use Green instead of Curry and replace the 2024 FRP with 2x SRPs.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Missing Rubio going out from the Cavs.

I'm not sure this is a better deal for Philly than just taking Sexton/Love/picks or Sexton/Rubio/Osman/picks for Simmons-- the only reason he'd want Wall is to send him out to match Lillard/Beal. But if Morey's getting Wall, he won't want Sexton, he'll want Mobley.

Fixed. Thanks.

I don’t know that it’s better or worse. But I do figure that Wall will contribute more on court than Love, especially on a team like the 76ers. And if Morey is able to swing his deal with PTL, it likely doesn’t matter which trade. If he’s forced to ride it out until the trade deadline or next offseason….

I also think it’s easier to sell the fans on adding 2 20ppg scorers and 3FRPs, and the chance to catch lightening in a bottle.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Will Wall contribute more on the court? His injury history is as bad as Love's and he had negative win shares last year when he did play.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 43,896
And1: 25,011
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Trade ideas 

Post#55 » by jbk1234 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:59 am

toooskies wrote:
KuruptedCav wrote:
toooskies wrote:Missing Rubio going out from the Cavs.

I'm not sure this is a better deal for Philly than just taking Sexton/Love/picks or Sexton/Rubio/Osman/picks for Simmons-- the only reason he'd want Wall is to send him out to match Lillard/Beal. But if Morey's getting Wall, he won't want Sexton, he'll want Mobley.

Fixed. Thanks.

I don’t know that it’s better or worse. But I do figure that Wall will contribute more on court than Love, especially on a team like the 76ers. And if Morey is able to swing his deal with PTL, it likely doesn’t matter which trade. If he’s forced to ride it out until the trade deadline or next offseason….

I also think it’s easier to sell the fans on adding 2 20ppg scorers and 3FRPs, and the chance to catch lightening in a bottle.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Will Wall contribute more on the court? His injury history is as bad as Love's and he had negative win shares last year when he did play.
At least Love is resigned to a bench role at this point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
KuruptedCav
Starter
Posts: 2,254
And1: 781
Joined: Dec 15, 2004

Re: Trade ideas 

Post#56 » by KuruptedCav » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:05 pm

toooskies wrote:
KuruptedCav wrote:
toooskies wrote:Missing Rubio going out from the Cavs.

I'm not sure this is a better deal for Philly than just taking Sexton/Love/picks or Sexton/Rubio/Osman/picks for Simmons-- the only reason he'd want Wall is to send him out to match Lillard/Beal. But if Morey's getting Wall, he won't want Sexton, he'll want Mobley.

Fixed. Thanks.

I don’t know that it’s better or worse. But I do figure that Wall will contribute more on court than Love, especially on a team like the 76ers. And if Morey is able to swing his deal with PTL, it likely doesn’t matter which trade. If he’s forced to ride it out until the trade deadline or next offseason….

I also think it’s easier to sell the fans on adding 2 20ppg scorers and 3FRPs, and the chance to catch lightening in a bottle.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Will Wall contribute more on the court? His injury history is as bad as Love's and he had negative win shares last year when he did play.

Maybe. Though I tend to be more trusting with players coming back from one bad injury than those with persistent nagging injuries.

But by more impact, I just mean that the starting PG on the 76ers vs 3rd big and the imbalance it creates on a roster.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
toooskies
Junior
Posts: 381
And1: 143
Joined: Jul 18, 2013

Re: Trade ideas 

Post#57 » by toooskies » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:55 pm

KuruptedCav wrote:
toooskies wrote:
KuruptedCav wrote:Fixed. Thanks.

I don’t know that it’s better or worse. But I do figure that Wall will contribute more on court than Love, especially on a team like the 76ers. And if Morey is able to swing his deal with PTL, it likely doesn’t matter which trade. If he’s forced to ride it out until the trade deadline or next offseason….

I also think it’s easier to sell the fans on adding 2 20ppg scorers and 3FRPs, and the chance to catch lightening in a bottle.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Will Wall contribute more on the court? His injury history is as bad as Love's and he had negative win shares last year when he did play.

Maybe. Though I tend to be more trusting with players coming back from one bad injury than those with persistent nagging injuries.

But by more impact, I just mean that the starting PG on the 76ers vs 3rd big and the imbalance it creates on a roster.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Wall has been dealing with various knee problems for years in addition to his Achilles injury. His defense had already slipped before his heel issues.

But if your argument is that he may have impacts that may not be good but they'll be noticeable, sure, if you're looking for a scapegoat. That was Simmons' primary role on the team anyway, right?

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers