ImageImageImage

Trade Ideas (Part III)

Moderator: ijspeelman

Darren
RealGM
And1: 834

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#181 » by Darren » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:46 am

Shumpert and Frye for Matthews and a second round pick.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#182 » by Stillwater » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:34 pm

Alatan wrote:
Stillwater wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6926968
This works for all teams involved. I am sure it would never happen,too complicated, but would be nice if it did.

I have never seen a trade this bad for the Suns.
yep all you can get is Rubio a shot blocker and some salary dumps for refusing to include jackson in a trade for Kyrie, sorry , but that's the way it goes when you won't pony up for the 1 player that would make your franchise relevant.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#183 » by Stillwater » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:58 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6929171
not bad if detroit will give up bradley
Detroit would get Bucks 2018 2nd rounder from Dallas & Cavs 2019 2nd rounder from Minnesota or Lakers(less favorable)
Cavs get Bucks 2018 & 2020 1st rounders top 5 protected. or 2018 unprotected & 2020 lottery protected.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#184 » by Stillwater » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:41 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6929307
This could very well be what the Suns agreed to do,or similar, but nothing will happen until they can sign off on it when Jackson is eligible to be traded this week & the Cavs have not received anything else better they can use as leverage if they haven't already to remove protections on whatever picks they would get.I don't care what was told to Booker about Jackson not getting traded. Blatt said Wiggins wouldn't be traded too even when he knew he would be.
sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

Post#185 » by sportscrazy » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:56 pm

If the Cavs and Suns make a Kyrie deal that gives Cleveland the 2018 Miami Heat First Round Draft Pick in the process...

Richard Jefferson, Channing Frye, Iman Shumpert and Kay Felder + 2018 Conditional Miami Heat First Round Draft Pick for Carmelo Anthony?
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#186 » by Stillwater » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:03 pm

sportscrazy wrote:If the Cavs and Suns make a Kyrie deal that gives Cleveland the 2018 Miami Heat First Round Draft Pick in the process...

Richard Jefferson, Channing Frye, Iman Shumpert and Kay Felder + 2018 Conditional Miami Heat First Round Draft Pick for Carmelo Anthony?

It is unlikely Melo agrees to play in Cleveland with Irving gone, so that is not likely to occur. I would also not expect the Cavs to be moving that many players so much so that their roster is changed that significantly.
This is a championship roster they are only going to move 2-3 players out at maximum in most circumstances unless the returns are significant upgrades.
Melo is on a bad contract & is not going to help the Cavs enough to justify such a move.
I think the Cavs only interest in Melo would be if he was bought out.
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#187 » by gflem » Tue Aug 1, 2017 10:12 pm

Melo stating that he doesn't want to play for the Cavs.......PHEW! Great news imo, we don't need another broken down old guy that used to be a star, (hint..hint..DWade). Lets get the Suns deal done in the next few days and start moving forward.
I am really looking forward to seeing Melo on the Rockets team, maybe the league will let them play with two balls on offense. If not I think Harden will actually have to frag Melo to get the ball from him. Should be fun to watch.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,273

Post#188 » by skywalker33 » Tue Aug 1, 2017 10:40 pm

Keep seeing teams taking their young talent off the table for any Irving offers.

No Booker or Jackson from PHX
No Wiggins from MINN
No Kawhi from SA (although that was probably a given)
No Porzingod from NYK

Maybe decent vets and draft picks are the only thing left on the table.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#189 » by Stillwater » Tue Aug 1, 2017 11:16 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Keep seeing teams taking their young talent off the table for any Irving offers.

No Booker or Jackson from PHX
No Wiggins from MINN
No Kawhi from SA (although that was probably a given)
No Porzingod from NYK

Maybe decent vets and draft picks are the only thing left on the table.

You shouldn't be so quick to believe any "reports" as usually those are just some sports writers best guess.
Odds are not really so slim that Phoenix would give up Jackson an unproven lottery pick for a former unanonymous #1 pick /3 time all star with the best handles in the league & the same player is on a deal of a contract. Jackson upside is not worth as much as Irving other than what Phoenix hopes he could become if he was that good he would have been taken #1.
Irving now could easily trump Jackson's potential even when you are in a rebuild if you are ending the rebuild by getting a once in a decade player like Irving in exchange for a unfinished product.
Wiggins is no better all around player than Irving,despite the solid offensive game he has shown , but I agree the odds the Wolves would move him are slim , but it is because they would also have to move another player in their rotation like Dieng, complicating the likely hood any deal would be done,plus they cannot absorb any salary dumps like Shumpert,Frye etc.And would have to move Teague after December , just not a practical trade for the Wolves even if they want KI.
Kawhi ? yeah right and that was never an option, he is better than KI.
KP is untouchable even for KI. + NY has nothing but Ntilikina who would not help the Cavs next season in any way.
Trailbreaker
Junior
And1: 115

Post#190 » by Trailbreaker » Wed Aug 2, 2017 3:36 am

I would really hope Cleveland can get Jackson, he is supposed to be a good defender from what I've read? LeBron James needs help defending on the wing especially when the Cavs play GS.
BucksPackers
Analyst
And1: 599

Post#191 » by BucksPackers » Wed Aug 2, 2017 6:48 pm

Bucks fan here.

Would you consider this package....

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9n2fzfd

Milwaukee gets: Frye, Love, D Murray
Milwaukee gives: Parker, Henson, Delly, Monroe

Lineup: Brog, Mids, Giannis, Love, Thon

Cavs get: LA, Monroe, Bledsoe, lotto protect 2018 first from the spurs and suns 2018 heat first round pick
Cavs give: Love, Frye, Kyrie

Lineup: Bledsoe, JR, Bron, LA, Monroe/TT

Suns get: Parker, Henson
Suns give: Bledsoe, 2018 heat pick

Lineup: Doesn't change but add Parker to their young core

Spurs get: Kyrie, Delly
Spurs give: LA, Murray and 2018 first lotto protected

Lineup: Kyrie, Green, Gay,Kahwi, Pau

This would help out all teams............
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#192 » by Stillwater » Wed Aug 2, 2017 11:14 pm

Some potential trades with Charlotte :
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6931119 Cavs get Charlotte's 2019 1st top 5 protected.
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6931111 Cavs get Charlotte's 2018 1st unprotected.Charlotte gets Cavs 2020 2nd rounder from Portland.
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6931147 Cavs get Charlotte's 2018 1st lottery protected,unprotected in 2019 if not conveyed. Charlotte gets Cavs 2021 1st lottery protected , top 3 protected in 2022 and unprotected in 2023 Charlotte also gets Cavs 2019 2nd rounder from Minnesota or LA.
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6931152 Cavs get Charlotte's 2018 unprotected.
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6931137 Cavs get Charlotte's 2019 1st lottery protected,top 3 protected in 2020,unprotected in 2021. Charlotte gets Cavs 2020 2nd rounder via Portland & Cavs 2021 1st top 20 protected,top 15 protected in 2022, & unprotected in 2023.
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6931181 Cavs get Charlotte's 2018 top 3 protected,unprotected 2019.Charlotte gets Cavs 2019 2nd rounder from Minn or LA.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,653

Post#193 » by jbk1234 » Thu Aug 3, 2017 3:10 pm

BucksPackers wrote:Bucks fan here.

Cavs get: LA, Monroe, Bledsoe, lotto protect 2018 first from the spurs and suns 2018 heat first round pick

Cavs would never consider that. As a general principle, they're not going to trade both Love & Kyrie. It would take a monster offer not a pu pu platter of meh players & picks.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

Post#194 » by sportscrazy » Thu Aug 3, 2017 6:54 pm

Cleveland gets Jamal Murray, right to swap picks with Denver in 2018, a conditional 2019 Denver 1st (Protected for 1-5 and 21-30 and becomes two second round picks if not conveyed) and a TPE for Kyrie Irving
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#195 » by Stillwater » Thu Aug 3, 2017 8:24 pm

Potential Denver trade :https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6931586
Denver gives Cleveland their 2019 1st rounder unprotected & Cav's can swap picks with Denver in 2018 if Denver's pick is 11-30, if Denver's 2018 falls in the top 10 Cavs get Denver's 2021 1st rounder lottery protected until 2023 ,where if not yet transferred becomes unprotected in 2024.
Denver gets Cavs 2019 2nd rounder from LA or Minnesota & the Cav's 2020 2nd round pick from Portland.
Cav's would then waive Calderon,Felder,Green or Tavares after the trade is completed.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#196 » by jcsunsfan » Thu Aug 3, 2017 10:08 pm

Stillwater wrote:
Alatan wrote:
Stillwater wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6926968
This works for all teams involved. I am sure it would never happen,too complicated, but would be nice if it did.

I have never seen a trade this bad for the Suns.
yep all you can get is Rubio a shot blocker and some salary dumps for refusing to include jackson in a trade for Kyrie, sorry , but that's the way it goes when you won't pony up for the 1 player that would make your franchise relevant.

Um.. No. What we get is to keep Bledsoe, Chriss, and Chandler and walk away from this deal. That is a much better solution.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#197 » by Stillwater » Thu Aug 3, 2017 10:48 pm

jcsunsfan wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
Alatan wrote:I have never seen a trade this bad for the Suns.

Um.. No. What we get is to keep Bledsoe, Chriss, and Chandler and walk away from this deal. That is a much better solution.

enjoy the lottery next year
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#198 » by Stillwater » Thu Aug 3, 2017 11:46 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6931689 I think something like this would be the absolute least the Cavs would accept: they get Det 2018 unprotected and 2020 top 20 protected ,and if not transferred top 10 protected in 2021,& if not transfered, unprotected in 2022.Detroit gets Cavs 2019 2nd round pick for LA or Minnesota.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,653

Post#199 » by jbk1234 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 2:23 am

Stillwater wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6931689 I think something like this would be the absolute least the Cavs would accept: they get Det 2018 unprotected and 2020 top 20 protected ,and if not transferred top 10 protected in 2021,& if not transfered, unprotected in 2022.Detroit gets Cavs 2019 2nd round pick for LA or Minnesota.

If Bradley isn't in the deal, I'm not even talking to the Pistons.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,631

Post#200 » by Alatan » Fri Aug 4, 2017 9:01 pm

BucksPackers wrote:Bucks fan here.

I doubt the Suns would give a 1st in that trade and i doubt the Cavs would accept that trade either because they become worse have no real young talent except for the Suns pick that might not pan out. Cavs also dont need Monroe and he has a big salary.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers