ImageImageImage

THREE WAY TRADE for Marion...That's the deal

Moderator: ijspeelman

CzBoobie
Assistant Coach
And1: 601

Post#21 » by CzBoobie » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:50 pm

m23uza1hem36 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

SHUT UP you didn't talk to any sources, Dwight Howard and Chris Paul are not being traded. Just Stop.

YES, they are. It's part of Stern's plan to get some help to LeBron.
heathmalc
Analyst
And1: 16

Post#22 » by heathmalc » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:51 pm

bozmology wrote:

This sucks for Miami unless Marion has told them he is opting out this summer and will not sign with them.

I don't think it sucks for them. They get two wing players with Dwayne, plus Eric snow takes over back-up PG, then becomes an expiring contract for them to deal next year.

They were never going to be able to re-sign Marion...so they get Mike miller and Larry hughes for a second round pick. Plus, Devin is an excellent bench player that expires this year.

Actually, it is decent for all the teams...although there are pluses and minuses to each.
Smooth32
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#23 » by Smooth32 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:51 pm

B Mac wrote:Give it up heath. Just because you have switched boards doesnt mean you have anymore credibility bro. Ive been very non-reactive your posts because for the most part you've cut back on your Im an NBA insider BS, but with posts like this you are headed back in the wrong direction.

:wavefinger:
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#24 » by L&H_05 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:52 pm

heathmalc wrote:Okay, this is kind of complicated, AND REMEMBER... they are still talking, but , that being said, this is what I have heard:

There will be two trades.

The First trade will consist of the Cavaliers sending Larry Hughes and Devin Brown to Miami for Shawn Marion and Daequan Cook.(CLE gets cook with trade exception)

The Second part of the trade involves Memphis:

Cleveland Sends out: Eric Snow to Miami and Dwayne Jones & 2008 1st rounder to Memphis

Cleveland gets Kyle Lowry and Brian Cardinal from Memphis

Miami Sends out Ricky Davis, Jason Williams & 2008 2nd round pick to memphis

Miami gets: Mike Miller

Memphis sends Cardinal, Lowry to Cleveland and Mike Miller to Miami

Memphis gets Jason Williams,Ricky Davis, Cle 2008 1st rounder, MIA 2008 2nd rounder
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When all is said and done:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cleveland gets:

Shawn Marion,Kyle Lowry,Brian Cardinal, Daequan Cook

Cleveland loses: Larry Hughes,Eric Snow,Devin Brown,Dwayne Jones, 2008 1st rounder

Miami gets: Mike Miller, Larry Hughes, Eric Snow,Devin Brown

Miami loses: Jason Williams, Ricky Davis, Shawn Marion, Daequaon Cook, 2008 2nd round pick

Memphis gets: Jason Williams, Ricky Davis,Dwayne Jones,2008 1st rounder & 2008 2nd rounder

Memphis loses: Mike Miller, Kyle Lowry, Brian Cardinal

Whew!
Marion was traded less than 30 days ago.. He can't be packaged with another player if my memory serves me correct..

BOGUS :nonono:
Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,799

Post#25 » by Benedict_Boozer » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:52 pm

Mike Miller or bust for me.

Not excited about the other names being talked about
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#26 » by B Mac » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:52 pm

Smooth32 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:wavefinger:

I know I know. After I got on you for respond to heath a few days ago, I go and do the same thing, but I mean come on, that trade cant even happen. Marion cant be bundled with other players. He hasnt "been hearing" anything.
heathmalc
Analyst

Post#27 » by heathmalc » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:54 pm

B Mac wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Give it up heath. Just because you have switched boards doesnt mean you have anymore credibility bro. Ive been very non-reactive your posts because for the most part you've cut back on your Im an NBA insider BS, but with posts like this you are headed back in the wrong direction.

Don't be ignorant.. LOOK and you will find/hear the same stuff. Tony Rome is on right now. He has also already mentioned this.

I NEVER said I'm an insider. And if I was hiding, don't you think I "just might" change my SN so maybe I wouldn't be "caught" so easily by super-sleuths?
CzBoobie
Assistant Coach
And1: 601

Post#28 » by CzBoobie » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:57 pm

Benedict_Boozer wrote:Mike Miller or bust for me.

Not excited about the other names being talked about

Exactly...Miller and Lowry trade was a wet dream, it died pretty quickly unfortunately and these BLOCKBUSTERS are just BLOCKBULL**** if you ask me.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by B Mac » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:57 pm

I didnt say you've been hiding. I said you've cut back on your NBA insider BS. You may not have come out and said I am an NBA insider, but you sure have eluded to it on multiple occasions and numerous people would say the same thing. There is a reason you got yourself banned from RCF. No one is trying to "catch" you, I just want you to stop posting your rubbish.
heathmalc
Analyst

Post#30 » by heathmalc » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:58 pm

I know I know. After I got on you for respond to heath a few days ago, I go and do the same thing, but I mean come on, that trade cant even happen. Marion cant be bundled with other players. He hasnt "been hearing" anything.

GO RE-READ the post!

...oops..okay, I see...the cook part. Well, thats how I wrote it as I heard it.

Maybe he was part of the second trade.

Listen to Rome, he'll say it again

Philadelphia paper is also reporting it
HeatSince88
Veteran
And1: 12

Post#31 » by HeatSince88 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:59 pm

So in all these scenarios Miami sends out Shawn Marion and $16 miilion in expiring contracts so it can get Mike Miller, Eric Snow, Larry Hughes?

Wow. :nonono:
heathmalc
Analyst

Post#32 » by heathmalc » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:59 pm

hold.. since you're lazy.. I'll find the ******* article that is being referred to. AND I expect an apology, since you've been such an ass.
We the People...
heathmalc
Analyst

Post#33 » by heathmalc » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:01 pm

We the People...
Smooth32
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by Smooth32 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:02 pm

I was referring to heath, not you... :lol:

I agree... It's laughable to this point anything that he posts here and says is what's going on or his sources tell him... The only way he can back it up is get links from different boards and newspapers and twist what they say...

BTW heat, Marion can only be traded straight up, nice try again...
heathmalc
Analyst

Post#35 » by heathmalc » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:02 pm

HeatSince88 wrote:So in all these scenarios Miami sends out Shawn Marion and $16 miilion in expiring contracts so it can get Mike Miller, Eric Snow, Larry Hughes?

Wow. :nonono:

and devin brown
Smooth32
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by Smooth32 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:03 pm

heathmalc wrote:heres one from a blog that alludes to it:

http://blogs.phillynews.com/inquirer/live/2008/02/tick_tick_tick.html

It mentions the teams, but nothing of the players you mentioned, nothing...
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#37 » by L&H_05 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:05 pm

I just talked to codeman and nancyday.. Both said this stuff was bogus..

As you were. :-?
Carnage
Starter
And1: 1

Post#38 » by Carnage » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:06 pm

Just throwing this out there but isn't there a way where you would get Marion, but in 2 separate deals (with the same teams of course)? This would be similar to the 1st version of the Kidd to Dallas trade (Antoine Wright for 2nd rounder).

anyone?
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by B Mac » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:06 pm

heathmalc wrote:heres one from a blog that alludes to it:

http://blogs.phillynews.com/inquirer/live/2008/02/tick_tick_tick.html

Bro, your past history speaks for itself. Read that article again. How on earth did you come up with that trade scenario after reading it? To make matters worse you said here's what I heard...

You didnt hear anything man. You read a link and added your own twist to it while making it sound like you have some actual sources to back it up.... WHICH YOU DONT HAVE!!!!!!

Its always the same thing with you man. You obviously are an intelligent guy who loves the Cavs, but these trade rumors with supposed inside info is what drives everyone nuts.

Instead of saying things like "This is what I've heard" say "This is what I think" and we wont have this problem... Its really that simple.
Smooth32
Lead Assistant

Post#40 » by Smooth32 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:09 pm

heathmalc wrote:I NEVER said I'm an insider. And if I was hiding, don't you think I "just might" change my SN so maybe I wouldn't be "caught" so easily by super-sleuths?

Then what are these:

Okay, this is kind of complicated, AND REMEMBER... they are still talking, but , that being said, this is what I have heard:

There is a rumor running around here in New Orleans that the Cavaliers' Danny Ferry are in trade-negotiations that would bring Jason Kidd to Cleveland.

Word is that Thorn wants Gibson,Snow,Marshall and Newble plus 2 1st round picks and cash for Kidd and Malik Allen.

Danny Ferry allegedly turned-down this deal and countered with Eric Snow, Damon Jones, Donyell Marshall, 2 1st rounders and cash.

Thomas is making it known that Curry is available for anything that someone will offer (Dolan doesn't like him) - Sacramento is still looking to get rid of Bibby - Cleveland may be open to a 3-way involving these two team

K?

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers