watch out the refs are still in play

Cavs win
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#83 » by L&H_05 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:39 am

LOLBRON

LEBRON JAMES PLAYS FOR MY TEAM, AND HE'S THE BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA !!!!!!!!!!

:rofl:
Test of Wills
Analyst
And1: 6

Post#84 » by Test of Wills » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:41 am

bow down to the .... bow down to the.....bow down to the king!!!
LoveThemCavs
Analyst
And1: 143

Post#85 » by LoveThemCavs » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:42 am

That was a HUGE win. I know the Blazer fans are gonna read this thread and dislike our comments on the refs. Well really, there's no way to beat around it. I thought we got the short end of the stick most of the night. LeBron is just disgusting. 17 fourth quarter points for him. Outlaw, dig up that LeBron being LeBron thread. This one will get lost in the shuffle. Drew made some big plays down the stretch too after a rough night. Which he's had a few of them in a row. We're going to need him though with Andy out for awhile. So anything to get his confidence up is good. Ay I'll take any win.. This win is extra sweet. I told you we'd win it. :D
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#86 » by TheOUTLAW » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:43 am

Anyond notice that LeBron was fouled on the gamewinner?

All during the game LeBron would beat his man and the guy would ride him all the way to the basket. To any other player in the league that'd be a foul, but for some reason LeBron does not get that call because he's so big.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,685

Post#87 » by PDXKnight » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:46 am

Will you cleveland fans give me permission to punch my self in the head? :banghead: It was a tough loss for us Blazers fans but for some reason, the Blazers have had a history of collapsing in the 4th quarter (Kobe Bryant WCF). I give the Cavs credit for winning this one and definitely enjoyed watching Lebron tonight. The cavs are looking great this year and are definitely one of my favorite teams in the east.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#88 » by TheOUTLAW » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:51 am

weird game, we only had 13 assists and shot like crap but a win is a win.
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#89 » by PDXKnight » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:51 am

LoveThemCavs wrote:That was a HUGE win. I know the Blazer fans are gonna read this thread and dislike our comments on the refs. Well really, there's no way to beat around it. I thought we got the short end of the stick most of the night. LeBron is just disgusting. 17 fourth quarter points for him. Outlaw, dig up that LeBron being LeBron thread. This one will get lost in the shuffle. Drew made some big plays down the stretch too after a rough night. Which he's had a few of them in a row. We're going to need him though with Andy out for awhile. So anything to get his confidence up is good. Ay I'll take any win.. This win is extra sweet. I told you we'd win it. :D

As a Portland fan, I agree with you on the foul calls. They were going in Portland's favor most of the night. The cavs fought through it and with lebron's help at the end, managed to pull away with the win.
xstockholmsyndromex
Head Coach
And1: 0

Post#90 » by xstockholmsyndromex » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:52 am

Damn....LBJ is just too good! Jazz fans thank you!!
LiquidFire
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#91 » by LiquidFire » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:53 am

^^ can we have boozer back please?
LoveThemCavs
Analyst

Post#92 » by LoveThemCavs » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:53 am

Oden2 wrote:Will you cleveland fans give me permission to punch my self in the head? :banghead: It was a tough loss for us Blazers fans but for some reason, the Blazers have had a history of collapsing in the 4th quarter (Kobe Bryant WCF). I give the Cavs credit for winning this one and definitely enjoyed watching Lebron tonight. The cavs are looking great this year and are definitely one of my favorite teams in the east.

You don't really need to do that. You have an excellent young team. I'm sure both sides are a little chippy about the refs. I know we didn't like it. I've read some of the Blazers thread and they don't seem to fond of it either. Brandon Roy is a great player. He'll learn the lessons LeBron is learning right now in due time. We needed this win just as bad as you guys did. I wish you Portland fans the best of luck with your team. Good game.
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#93 » by PDXKnight » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:54 am

xstockholmsyndromex wrote:Damn....LBJ is just too good! Jazz fans thank you!!

Don't worry, we (the blazers) will surpass you next season. :D
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#94 » by TheOUTLAW » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:59 am

Wow, LeBron is already number 2 all time on the Cavs assist list. In just his 5th year and he's not even a point guard. That's amazing.
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#95 » by PDXKnight » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:02 am

LoveThemCavs wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You don't really need to do that. You have an excellent young team. I'm sure both sides are a little chippy about the refs. I know we didn't like it. I've read some of the Blazers thread and they don't seem to fond of it either. Brandon Roy is a great player. He'll learn the lessons LeBron is learning right now in due time. We needed this win just as bad as you guys did. I wish you Portland fans the best of luck with your team. Good game.

Thanks, same to you. I would have liked to see both teams shoot better but it was definitely a thriller to the end. Also, anyone who says that ANYONE in the NBA is better than Lebron obviously hasn't seen him play. This guy is clearly the most dominant player in the NBA right now with no close comparison.
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#96 » by L&H_05 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:27 am

lol

Raptor fans give me a chuckle...

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic. ... c&start=24
FlightNo.23
Senior

Post#97 » by FlightNo.23 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:13 am

and the legend of B Mac's gamethreads grows...

Also, wow! :love:

Image[/img]
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#98 » by B Mac » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:16 am

I actually had to stop watching this game at half, but did DVR it and just finished watching the second half. Man that 3rd quarter and most of the 4th was absolutely ridiculous. I was literally screaming at the refs more than I was screaming at Larry Hughes and Drew Gooden, and we all know how often that happens. They let the Blazers get away with more contact than even teams like the Jazz.

Once we got it within 5 I knew we were going to win. Thats just how this team does it. We have the experience. We have the best player in the league. We know how to get it done. We know we are going to win. You can see it on everyone's face. LeBron didnt panic, he knew he would win it, and he did it.

I love to see us beat a top Western team on a night when we are playing like crap, are missing two of our top players, and LeBron gets a couple injuries.

With that said, I really enjoy this Portland team. If I had to pick a Western team to cheer for, it would be them. I think we all know there future is sky high, but they have come a long way a lot faster than anyone thought they were going to.

Oh and B Mac's gamethread record is now..... 6-1. Thank you, thank you very much. :)
LoveThemCavs
Analyst

Post#99 » by LoveThemCavs » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:25 am

Oh and B Mac's gamethread record is now..... 6-1. Thank you, thank you very much. :)

Well then, I assume you're on it for the next one. Cavs take on a Sonics team that upset the Spurs the other night. LOL, you've become our good luck charm man. Other than your woman, i doubt you get this much attention. :lol:
FlightNo.23
Senior

Post#100 » by FlightNo.23 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:32 am

don't u mean 7-1? 8)

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers