ImageImageImage

Trade Ideas

Moderator: ijspeelman

heathmalc
Analyst
And1: 16

Re: Trade Ideas 

Post#1441 » by heathmalc » Tue Mar 6, 2012 10:54 am

Cavaliers in:: Atlanta 2012 1st, Marvin Williams, Kirk Hinrich, Stackhouse, Pargo

Hawks in: Antawn Jamison, Ramon Sessions, Omri Casspi,Luke Harangody Cavs 2013 2nd-round pick
We the People...
rjgraca
Head Coach
And1: 43

Post#1442 » by rjgraca » Tue Mar 6, 2012 3:29 pm

IMO, a possible deal with Atlanta wouldn't have that many variables.

Numbers don’t lie, Cavs aren’t real playoff contenders

They were never going to be buyers at the trade deadline, which is just 10 days away. But the losing skid might make it easier for them to be sellers. They’ll have about $7 million in cap space to facilitate trades, plus they could deal Ramon Sessions, although that market hasn’t been established yet.

The Cavs are trying to maintain a delicate balance right now. They don’t want to promote a losing culture, yet they know the worst place to be in the NBA is stuck in the middle. The only way to get good is to be really bad.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/bask ... ion=recent
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#1443 » by TheOUTLAW » Tue Mar 6, 2012 4:28 pm

I like that article in that it's saying exactly what most of us have been arguing all season. It's nice to see the Cavs play well and the absolute last thing we want is a losing culture but we desperately need more talent and the only way to do that is by losing this year. Hopefully we can parlay a trade of Session and maybe Jamison into both more losses and first rounders and we should be fairly well set.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#1444 » by Jajwanda » Thu Mar 8, 2012 11:33 pm

Discussions on Sessions to the Lakers should start up again:

1. Howard
2. Gasol for Lowry+Scola, Rajon Rondo+O'Neal or Bass

Are the two Laker priorities right now. If they can't accomplish those there's a good chance for this long-awaited deal.
Niko23
Lead Assistant
And1: 884

Post#1445 » by Niko23 » Fri Mar 9, 2012 5:34 pm

Not sure if these deals would work but what about:

Casspi/Sessions/Parker

for

Walton (We buy him out), DAL 1st, LAL 1st

Then

Jamsion/NOH 2nd or possibly Erden

for

J. Oneal/LAC 1st

It would give us 4 - 1sts.......
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#1446 » by B Mac » Fri Mar 9, 2012 5:53 pm

From Bill Simmons:

Who says no to Atlanta saving $20 million next season by dealing Smith and Marvin Williams to Cleveland for Antawn Jamison's expiring contract? (Answer: The Hawks. But they definitely had a two-hour meeting about it.)

Im all for the patient approach that we have been going down, but if you can get Josh Smith for Swan Jamison then you do it in a second. Will be interesting to see if this is still on the table as the deadline gets closer.
rjgraca
Head Coach

Post#1447 » by rjgraca » Fri Mar 9, 2012 6:51 pm

Niko23 wrote:Not sure if these deals would work but what about:

Casspi/Sessions/Parker

for

Walton (We buy him out), DAL 1st, LAL 1st

Then

Jamsion/NOH 2nd or possibly Erden

for

J. Oneal/LAC 1st

It would give us 4 - 1sts.......

The Laker trade proposal is really sweet for LA... the Dallas pick is top 20 protected until 2017 which makes it much less valuable. IMO, this is one of those give away Sessions trades. You still might be able to get a second round pick for Parker or Casspi. The Lakers with their revenue streams can waste their money to waive Walton.

If you want to count the Dallas heavily protected pick, you can count the Sacramento Lottery protected pick too (which are both unlikely to be conveyed for the 2012 draft). Dallas will probably make the playoffs, but I am pretty sure they will stay at the 20th or less position to keep their 2012 draft pick (mini tanking).

I think you need to run your J. Oneal (corpse who might be waived by Boston) through the trade checker since the salaries don't appear to match up and Boston is not under the cap.
Nirvana
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#1448 » by Nirvana » Fri Mar 9, 2012 7:19 pm

A Bogut trade would be great because we would be trading for a guy who is out for the season and can't help us win any more games. :D

Also, Josh Smith would be a huge get for this team. He's very good and hasn't had the chance to play with a top flight PG before. He's only signed through next season, though, so I don't think we could part with super valuable assets for him.
Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,627

Post#1449 » by Roger Murdock » Fri Mar 9, 2012 11:35 pm

I would do Sessions to Orlando for Hedo Turk and an unprotected 13 first rounder.
Jajwanda
General Manager

Post#1450 » by Jajwanda » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:18 am

Does Antwan get a buyout at some point?
rjgraca
Head Coach

Post#1451 » by rjgraca » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:09 pm

Jajwanda wrote:Does Antwan get a buyout at some point?

The Cavs are already paying Baron Davis to not be part of the team via Amnesty. I can't see the Cavs doing contender's like Miami and LA a favor here. I suppose that they might consider it, if Jamison gives up the rest of his salary this season to be set free. If the Lakers gave the Cavs a sweet deal for Sessions, I suppose that Jamison might become available (via buyout) after the trade deadline.
Triumph36
Starter

Post#1452 » by Triumph36 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:58 pm

B Mac wrote:From Bill Simmons:

Who says no to Atlanta saving $20 million next season by dealing Smith and Marvin Williams to Cleveland for Antawn Jamison's expiring contract? (Answer: The Hawks. But they definitely had a two-hour meeting about it.)

Im all for the patient approach that we have been going down, but if you can get Josh Smith for Swan Jamison then you do it in a second. Will be interesting to see if this is still on the table as the deadline gets closer.
one team offering a completely ridiculous deal doesn't mean it's "on the table"

atl has a dumb front office but there isn't a front office in the league who would accept such an awful trade

Jajwanda wrote:Does Antwan get a buyout at some point?
He obviously should but given my confidence in the Cavs front office I'd say he won't.
Jajwanda
General Manager

Post#1453 » by Jajwanda » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:21 am

That Sessions possibility would make some sense.
BSM
Banned User

Post#1454 » by BSM » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:00 pm

I like this trade for Okafor I keep hearing about. Okafor and NOH or MIN 1st for Jamison, hell yeah do it, what people forget is, besides the lottery pick, obviously, Okafor is actually REALLY GOOD.

Yes overpaid, but he kind of puts up same stats as Varejao.

And no, amnesty doesn't really work out for NO cause they still have to pay him the money.
zol2332
Sophomore

Post#1455 » by zol2332 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:30 pm

B Mac wrote:From Bill Simmons:

Yeah, I saw where Bob Finnan reported that it has been discussed. It's very intriguing. Even to up the offer, Thompson, Jamison, Sessions for Smith, Williams, and Pargo works as well. Williams is 25 and Smith is 26. Imagine a lineup next season that looks like:

PG Irving
SG Gee
SF Williams
PF Smith
C Varejao

Casspi, Gibson, and this year's first rounder off the bench

Kyrie would have fun with that lineup...oopfest 2013.

ht://m.news-herald.com/news-herald/pm_1 ... d=Y9COO5mB
CBNS--Cleveland Basketball Never Stops
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#1456 » by B Mac » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:40 pm

Lots of crazy rumors swirling in the last 24 hours. Trade deadline, March Madness, Spring Training going on, and NFL draft coming up. Plus its nearly 70 degrees outside and sunny. What a great time of year.
zol2332
Sophomore

Post#1457 » by zol2332 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:02 am

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachi ... Id=7rgthsm

We have been linked to Williams, who's only 25 and also are rumored to be interested in taking back Okafor from NO, in return getting one of their two lottery picks.

This trade helps everyone.

Cavs line-up becomes:

PG- Kyrie Irving, Daniel Gibson
SG- Alonzo Gee/Anthony Parker
SF- Marvin Williams, Omri Casspi
PF- Anderson Varejao, Tristan Thompson, Samardo Samuels
C- Emeka Okafor, Ryan Hollins, Semih Erden

Plus...3 firsts in this year's draft. That's not too shabby.

New Orleans sheds every single bad contract at once. NBA owners rejoice. 20 million in cap relief by dumping one pick.

Atlanta finally moves Williams who has worn out his welcome and needs a fresh start. They get the PG they need in Sessions and fill Williams' hole with Ariza. The hawks improve here for this year and next by giving up a 20's pick. Not to mention, they ship out 16 million dollars of salary while only getting 11 million back due to the three-team-trade salary allowances. This saves them over 10 million dollars due to luxury tax penalties.

The Cavs land a lottery pick from NO and a first from Atlanta. Now, feel free to gun for the playoffs...three first round picks. Also, Williams will get a fresh start and Okafor fits exactly what Coack Scott loves in a center--smart, tough, good character. This makes us better now, and these contracts will be up come rookie extension time. Deal our pick and the ATL pick to move to the whereabouts of number 10... 2 lotto picks.
Triumph36
Starter

Post#1458 » by Triumph36 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:04 am

i would like that because that front court is **** awful on offense and would lead to lots of losses
BSM
Banned User

Post#1459 » by BSM » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:12 am

I'd lose my **** if we had 3 first rounders this year.
zol2332
Sophomore

Post#1460 » by zol2332 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:52 am

BSM wrote:I'd lose my **** if we had 3 first rounders this year.

Exactly. Plus, who knows, Williams could become a 15 ppg scorer again with a renewal, steady minutes, and being the legit second option. If so, his 7.5 million per year is reasonable.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers