ImageImageImage

Trade Ideas - Part 2

Moderator: jbk1234

rjgraca
Head Coach
Posts: 6,653
And1: 42
Joined: Dec 26, 2003
Location: Northeast Ohio
     

Re: Trade Ideas - Part 2 

Post#21 » by rjgraca » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:58 pm

Well, I guess the total tankers (some Cav fans) dreams of Kapono starting have been dashed.

Cleveland Cavaliers to waive Kapono and re-sign Harris for remainder of season

Jason Kapono's second tour of duty with the Cavaliers ended before it began.

Kapono, acquired Thursday in the trade with the Los Angeles Lakers will be waived, a league source said. The club plans to sign shooting guard Manny Harris for the remainder of the season.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf ... ive_k.html
ScramboD8
Pro Prospect
Posts: 757
And1: 2
Joined: Apr 13, 2011

Re: Trade Ideas - Part 2 

Post#22 » by ScramboD8 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:53 pm

JJ Hickson just got bought out. Pretty good trade considering we'll get a first round pick when the Kings make the playoffs. They gotta make it before 2017 which is pretty damn likely to happen.
User avatar
Dupp
RealGM
Posts: 101,629
And1: 51,669
Joined: Aug 16, 2009
Location: Billy Crystals lap
 

Re: Trade Ideas - Part 2 

Post#23 » by Dupp » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:06 pm

Well it is the kings....
Neato wrote:I'd also like to take this opportunity to apologize to everyone for being a neato
zol2332
Sophomore
Posts: 203
And1: 0
Joined: Sep 01, 2008
Location: Cleveland

Re: Trade Ideas - Part 2 

Post#24 » by zol2332 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:05 am

ScramboD8 wrote:JJ Hickson just got bought out. Pretty good trade considering we'll get a first roundHell, they don't pick when the Kings make the playoffs. They gotta make it before 2017 which is pretty damn likely to heappen.

Hell, they don't even have to make the playoffs. They just have to finish outside of the top ten in 2 years. That might happen....
CBNS--Cleveland Basketball Never Stops
ScramboD8
Pro Prospect
Posts: 757
And1: 2
Joined: Apr 13, 2011

Re: Trade Ideas - Part 2 

Post#25 » by ScramboD8 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:57 pm

zol2332 wrote:
ScramboD8 wrote:JJ Hickson just got bought out. Pretty good trade considering we'll get a first roundHell, they don't pick when the Kings make the playoffs. They gotta make it before 2017 which is pretty damn likely to heappen.

Hell, they don't even have to make the playoffs. They just have to finish outside of the top ten in 2 years. That might happen....


Yea you're right. It was a great trade, we could just go out and get JJ right now if we wanted to.
User avatar
Niko23
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,568
And1: 835
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
     

Re: Trade Ideas - Part 2 

Post#26 » by Niko23 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:58 pm

Who can the Cavs pickup to fill Jamison's scoring void next year at the 4-5 position. I was thinking Bargs but it seems Tor is high on the Val/Bargs lineup. I would obviously like to send out Varejao in any deal as I believe him and TT at the 4/5 would be a disaster. I wonder what Paul Milsap's price tag would be......
zol2332
Sophomore
Posts: 203
And1: 0
Joined: Sep 01, 2008
Location: Cleveland

Re: Trade Ideas - Part 2 

Post#27 » by zol2332 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:22 pm

Niko23 wrote:Who can the Cavs pickup to fill Jamison's scoring void next year at the 4-5 position. I was thinking Bargs but it seems Tor is high on the Val/Bargs lineup. I would obviously like to send out Varejao in any deal as I believe him and TT at the 4/5 would be a disaster. I wonder what Paul Milsap's price tag would be......

Interesting... but I doubt we're in spend mode on players in their primes until we get a young core established.. Then again, I bet the Jazz would gift wrap Al Jefferson for us since he's due to make 15 million next year. Of course, it's an expiring....

He's only 27, putting up 19 and 9, can play C, and they won't be re-signing him. They already have Favors, Millsap, and Kanter.
CBNS--Cleveland Basketball Never Stops
User avatar
mcfly1204
General Manager
Posts: 7,613
And1: 1,023
Joined: Oct 31, 2008

Re: Trade Ideas - Part 2 

Post#28 » by mcfly1204 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:01 pm

I am hoping that we can snag a scoring PF with the Laker pick, or with one of our 2nd rounders. Even someone like Fab Melo would be worth taking a flyer on.
Well at least we're not Detroit!
User avatar
Niko23
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,568
And1: 835
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
     

Re: Trade Ideas - Part 2 

Post#29 » by Niko23 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:38 pm

mcfly1204 wrote:I am hoping that we can snag a scoring PF with the Laker pick, or with one of our 2nd rounders. Even someone like Fab Melo would be worth taking a flyer on.


I really like Fab Melo but I do not think he slips past Miami in the late 1st round. He does not solve our scoring option PF/C either. Melo/TT/AV/ would be a great defensive rotation but a very very bad offensive rotation
Triumph36
Starter
Posts: 2,061
And1: 0
Joined: Jun 26, 2009

Re: Trade Ideas - Part 2 

Post#30 » by Triumph36 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:46 pm

Niko23 wrote:
mcfly1204 wrote:I am hoping that we can snag a scoring PF with the Laker pick, or with one of our 2nd rounders. Even someone like Fab Melo would be worth taking a flyer on.


I really like Fab Melo but I do not think he slips past Miami in the late 1st round. He does not solve our scoring option PF/C either. Melo/TT/AV/ would be a great defensive rotation but a very very bad offensive rotation
there aren't many (any? honestly) players who would really solve that problem with the cavs pick, much less the laker/hornets picks tho.
User avatar
Jajwanda
General Manager
Posts: 8,611
And1: 105
Joined: Jun 01, 2007

Re: Trade Ideas - Part 2 

Post#31 » by Jajwanda » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:42 pm

Pick an expiring for 2012-2013 for Steve Blake+the 2013 Laker 1st.
zol2332
Sophomore
Posts: 203
And1: 0
Joined: Sep 01, 2008
Location: Cleveland

Re: Trade Ideas - Part 2 

Post#32 » by zol2332 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:04 pm

Jajwanda wrote:Pick an expiring for 2012-2013 for Steve Blake+the 2013 Laker 1st.

Want Walton back?
CBNS--Cleveland Basketball Never Stops
User avatar
Jajwanda
General Manager
Posts: 8,611
And1: 105
Joined: Jun 01, 2007

Re: Trade Ideas - Part 2 

Post#33 » by Jajwanda » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:33 am

Eyenga+Blake+1 for Walton works for me.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 11,724
And1: 515
Joined: Aug 05, 2004
Location: North Canton, Ohio
Contact:
     

Re: Trade Ideas - Part 2 

Post#34 » by B Mac » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:27 pm

Can the Lakers even trade their 2013?

Doesnt trading the swap rights make it pretty much untradeable?
User avatar
Niko23
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,568
And1: 835
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
     

Re: Trade Ideas - Part 2 

Post#35 » by Niko23 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:16 pm

It really does not make any sense for the Cavs to trade for the Lakers pick. The only way it does make sense is if both the Heat and Lakers have tank seasons. I do not see that happening.
KuruptedCav
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,762
And1: 564
Joined: Dec 15, 2004

Re: Trade Ideas - Part 2 

Post#36 » by KuruptedCav » Sun Apr 1, 2012 4:32 pm

Niko23 wrote:It really does not make any sense for the Cavs to trade for the Lakers pick.


Sure it does, then they'll have three picks instead of two. Right now, they stand to have their own pick as well as either the Heat or Laker's first round pick. Assuming that the Heat remain better than the lakers. It is like trading for the 28th-30th pick. Not the best move, but if all they are doing is in effect buying it for $4 million, what's the harm?

This team is still very devoid of talent. More pieces = more chances of finding a good one.
User avatar
Niko23
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,568
And1: 835
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
     

Re: Trade Ideas - Part 2 

Post#37 » by Niko23 » Sat Apr 7, 2012 2:18 pm

I suppose. But those late round picks never seem to pan out
User avatar
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,602
And1: 646
Joined: Feb 18, 2011
     

Re: Trade Ideas - Part 2 

Post#38 » by Geaux_Hawks » Sat Apr 7, 2012 2:27 pm

Marvin Williams for Gibson, and both 2012 2nds
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 11,724
And1: 515
Joined: Aug 05, 2004
Location: North Canton, Ohio
Contact:
     

Re: Trade Ideas - Part 2 

Post#39 » by B Mac » Sat Apr 7, 2012 2:35 pm

No reason for the Cavs to do that.
User avatar
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,602
And1: 646
Joined: Feb 18, 2011
     

Re: Trade Ideas - Part 2 

Post#40 » by Geaux_Hawks » Sat Apr 7, 2012 3:00 pm

B Mac wrote:No reason for the Cavs to do that.

Marvin can be a great 3rd option for the Cavs along with Irving and Beal.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers