Dion Waiters: Aye

Moderator: ijspeelman

gordito
Rookie
And1: 33

Re: Dion Waiters: Aye 

Post#341 » by gordito » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:22 am

Edumacated wrote:
dorkestra wrote:Evan Turner for Dion Waiters still on the table. You would then have the right to match any contract Turner signs in the off-season.

I think the Cavs need to trade Dion for a 3+D wing, a player who can play good D and create space for Irving to drive.

I agree with this. I don't see what good Turner would add to this club.

Does anyone think Barnes has been given a fair shot this year in GS? It's one thing to excel as a ball-dominant player coming off the bench and playing behind superior players. But it another to excel as an off-ball/passive player in that same situation. Not defending him, just saying it's not an apples to apples comparison. Also, using the Iguodala acquisition as a reason to bash Barnes makes no sense either. In a vacuum (i.e. not considering pursuing LeBron next year), if the Cavs have an opportunity to acquire a borderline all-star SG or PF, they would likely jump on that chance. Yet Waiters and Thompson are viewed very highly on this board.

Is all this Waiters drama happening off the court? I haven't noticed many issues (aside from a little sulkiness) on the court.
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Re: How do you all feel about Waiters? 

Post#342 » by KuruptedCav » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:28 am

Glad they passed on Oladipo so his feelings wouldn't get hurt.

Him or Irving...
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Post#343 » by KuruptedCav » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:38 am

gordito wrote:
Edumacated wrote:
dorkestra wrote:Evan Turner for Dion Waiters still on the table. You would then have the right to match any contract Turner signs in the off-season.

I think the Cavs need to trade Dion for a 3+D wing, a player who can play good D and create space for Irving to drive.

Does anyone think Barnes has been given a fair shot this year in GS? It's one thing to excel as a ball-dominant player coming off the bench and playing behind superior players. But it another to excel as an off-ball/passive player in that same situation. Not defending him, just saying it's not an apples to apples comparison. Also, using the Iguodala acquisition as a reason to bash Barnes makes no sense either. In a vacuum (i.e. not considering pursuing LeBron next year), if the Cavs have an opportunity to acquire a borderline all-star SG or PF, they would likely jump on that chance. Yet Waiters and Thompson are viewed very highly on this board.

Is all this Waiters drama happening off the court? I haven't noticed many issues (aside from a little sulkiness) on the court.

1) Oladipo was passed on for Waiters
2) Waiters pouts on the court and holds teammates accountable off it, w/o earning either right.
3) Barnes gets 30+ per night; he plays high and lacks intensity. Solid 3d and he'd have been a solid fit; but he's not the next great small forward. He's slightly better than average. That said, the dearth of top-15 players in the last two drafts makes him appealing. It's not whiff to miss on him, just not optimal result.
gordito
Rookie
And1: 33

Post#344 » by gordito » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:41 am

KuruptedCav wrote:
gordito wrote:
Edumacated wrote:

1) Oladipo was passed on for Waiters
2) Waiters pouts on the court and holds teammates accountable off it, w/o earning either right.
3) Barnes gets 30+ per night; he plays high and lacks intensity. Solid 3d and he'd have been a solid fit; but he's not the next great small forward. He's slightly better than average. That said, the dearth of top-15 players in the last two drafts makes him appealing. It's not whiff to miss on him, just not optimal result.

I'm not following the point you are making here.
Ziggy Stardust
Banned User
And1: 96

Post#345 » by Ziggy Stardust » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:47 am

I lol'd pretty hard reading that Beecher report article.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Post#346 » by Dupp » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:28 am

So whats going on here why didnt waiters see the court pretty much the whole 1st half and not at all when we were getting smashed in the second quarter?
Ziggy Stardust
Banned User
And1: 96

Post#347 » by Ziggy Stardust » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:42 am

He picked up 3 fouls very early.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Post#348 » by Dupp » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:59 am

Ok i obviously wasn't paying close enough attention to the game.

i think i just got irritated seeing this new article and then seeing he wasn't on the floor, didnt even notice the fouls.derp.
kiwibrindle
Starter
And1: 80

Post#349 » by kiwibrindle » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:35 pm

I'll bet Mike Brown has a lot to do with how this guy acts. If dumbass Brown would talk to Boeheim maybe he's gain some insight into what makes Dion work harder. No forget that idea. Brown is perfect I forgot.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,081

Post#350 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:44 am

kiwibrindle wrote:I'll bet Mike Brown has a lot to do with how this guy acts. If dumbass Brown would talk to Boeheim maybe he's gain some insight into what makes Dion work harder. No forget that idea. Brown is perfect I forgot.

This times 100. Dion had his best games when Kyrie and Jack were out. He is a much better player with the ball in his hands. I was fine with moving him to the sixth-man role and letting him know he has to defer to Kyrie. But asking him to defer to Jack is just unfair. Jack's defense, shot selection, and decision making are all worse than Waiters'. There is no reason not to run the offense through Dion with the second unit. If the Cavs really were a defense-first team, Jack would be the fifth guard off of the bench behind Delly. I really don't get it. If this is the plan, they might as well move him because he isn't going to gladly defer to a worse player. Things will get worse before they get better.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers