ImageImageImage

Dion Waiters: Aye

Moderator: ijspeelman

SaiCLE
Rookie
And1: 215

Re: WTH did the Cavs see in Dion Waiters? 

Post#41 » by SaiCLE » Mon Jan 7, 2013 3:19 am

Waiters a good ball handler, athletic, can get to the rim at well, good court vision & already a good defender. He really is a bad shooter, I'll give you that though. Also there are times where Waiters will start to jack up long twos and threes, especially when he is frustrated. It's all common knowledge to Cavalier fans already. So why do you feel the need to keep repeating the same stuff over & over? You already pissed off the Celtics board, please do not come here & do the same.

Also Beal will be a decent starter. Better than Waiters? who knows what will happen In the future.
By the way, what the hell does a "Waiters choke experience" mean?
IMHO
Junior
And1: 24

Post#42 » by IMHO » Mon Jan 7, 2013 10:19 am

Everyone was on dude's dick once he was balling, and bashing Beal at same time, now you on Beal's dick while bashing Waiters, I refuse to buy into your fly by night homer fan opinions.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#43 » by Dupp » Mon Jan 7, 2013 10:35 am

Fischella wrote:
TheOUTLAW wrote:What I find hilarious is how folks are talking up Beal when he's not doing a single thing better than Waiters and I think it's actually pretty easy to fix the issues that I have with him.

I know its hard to see Wizards games but... you need to take a look and see the differences, cause they're huge.

Beal is already a pretty nice defender, and all-around player, he also has a good IQ and shot selection at 19 years old, his shot is starting to work now, but, his game has been good.

Nowhere near Waiters choke experience.

I know its hard to see Cavs games but.... Your knowledge of basketball is sub par.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#44 » by TheOUTLAW » Mon Jan 7, 2013 3:57 pm

Dutuctive Depp wrote:
Fischella wrote:
TheOUTLAW wrote:What I find hilarious is how folks are talking up Beal when he's not doing a single thing better than Waiters and I think it's actually pretty easy to fix the issues that I have with him.

I know its hard to see Wizards games but... you need to take a look and see the differences, cause they're huge.

Beal is already a pretty nice defender, and all-around player, he also has a good IQ and shot selection at 19 years old, his shot is starting to work now, but, his game has been good.

Nowhere near Waiters choke experience.

I know its hard to see Cavs games but.... Your knowledge of basketball is sub par.

Oh my, it was all I could do to stop from going off on this. I admit I haven't seen all of them, but Beal has sucked in all that I've seen.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#45 » by pickIBL » Mon Jan 7, 2013 5:36 pm

You can't change the past but it sure helps to look back. I think what the Cavs should take away from the past are two things. No matter how good a player is... he is still your employee and you are still management. Act like it. Also this is Cleveland not LA, NY, etc. Stars just aren't going to flock to the Cavs. You have to draft high ceiling guys because you aren't going to sign them as FAs. That being said... Waiters was a weak pick. Grow from it. Same with Milan Macvan. He's having a bit of a down year right now. Be he isn't all of the sudden going to get more athletic or become a guy capable of defending in the NBA.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
Manny Phresh
Senior
And1: 15

Post#46 » by Manny Phresh » Mon Jan 7, 2013 7:43 pm

Didn't we have this similar discussion on the main board?

So I guess averaging a number a points on the same shot attempts labels you a chucker for life lol.

The reigning Western Conference champions Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook laugh in your face.
BallAboveAll wrote:If you are in a marriage or a serious relationship you have to do crap you don't want to do sometimes. Why? Women can go longer without sex. :lol:
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#47 » by B Mac » Mon Jan 7, 2013 11:59 pm

The constant bashing both from other fanbases and our own needs to stop. You can crtitique a player without saying phrases like "chucker for life" or "choke experience" (whatever that means). These phrases really only make you sound juvenile and lacking the ability to properly communicate your thoughts and feelings. Quite frankly, these incindiary type of comments are borderline trolling in their intent.

What Im trying to say... Everyone cool it!
Manny Phresh
Senior

Post#48 » by Manny Phresh » Tue Jan 8, 2013 1:04 am

All I'm saying is that people had labeled both Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook gunners after their rookie seasons because they averaged 20pts on 20 shots and 15 points on 15 shots respectively. I don't think anybody is making those claims now. So my point is, let's just wait before we make those claims that he'll end up a volume scorer his whole career. My argument is done.
BallAboveAll wrote:If you are in a marriage or a serious relationship you have to do crap you don't want to do sometimes. Why? Women can go longer without sex. :lol:
SaiCLE
Rookie
And1: 215

Post#49 » by SaiCLE » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:37 am

Waiters shot 50 percent from the field :o
6-11 fg, 6-6 ft, 6 rebounds 18 points
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#50 » by B Mac » Tue Jan 8, 2013 4:33 am

..and continues to get fouled on nearly every drive with no calls. What you have to love to see is that he doesnt stop driving despite the lack of calls.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#51 » by TheOUTLAW » Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:04 pm

B Mac wrote:..and continues to get fouled on nearly every drive with no calls. What you have to love to see is that he doesnt stop driving despite the lack of calls.

I've been thinking this as well B Mac, he gets fouled all the time with no calls.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
Manny Phresh
Senior

Post#52 » by Manny Phresh » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:57 pm

TheOUTLAW wrote:
B Mac wrote:..and continues to get fouled on nearly every drive with no calls. What you have to love to see is that he doesnt stop driving despite the lack of calls.

I've been thinking this as well B Mac, he gets fouled all the time with no calls.

Yeah and everybody else feels like I'm crazy when I say that that is half the reason his FG% is so pedestrian. But noooooooooooooooooooooo.... It's just a forgone conclusion he's gonna be a volume scorer smh.
CCavs
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#53 » by CCavs » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:11 pm

Can't we give DW some time to adjust to the pro's. Can't label any player anything after 1 season.
Check out CheapCavsTickets.com for Cavs tickets.
BossHoggin
General Manager
And1: 571

Post#54 » by BossHoggin » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:10 am

CCavs wrote:Can't we give DW some time to adjust to the pro's. Can't label any player anything after 1 season.

You won't see most of us labeling him already. Just fart and the general board.
Heat3Peat wrote:See this is why it's nice being a LeBron fan, no super hard allegiance to a team so there is no up and down emotions with me during a time like this.
Manny Phresh
Senior

Post#55 » by Manny Phresh » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:27 am

What draft pick that was drafted after Dion, with the exception of Lillard because we weren't going to draft another PG, which is playing better than him this season and if playing at all???

I'll wait.
CCavs
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#56 » by CCavs » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:57 am

Manny Phresh wrote:What draft pick that was drafted after Dion, with the exception of Lillard because we weren't going to draft another PG, which is playing better than him this season and if playing at all???

I'll wait.

Someone recently said we should have drafted Drummond instead.
Check out CheapCavsTickets.com for Cavs tickets.
BossHoggin
General Manager
And1: 571

Post#57 » by BossHoggin » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:05 am

CCavs wrote:
Manny Phresh wrote:What draft pick that was drafted after Dion, with the exception of Lillard because we weren't going to draft another PG, which is playing better than him this season and if playing at all???

I'll wait.

Someone recently said we should have drafted Drummond instead.

The point is, in both of the last two drafts, the Cavs picks are not busts compared to the rest of the draft. People just want to find something to hate on the Cavs about.
Heat3Peat wrote:See this is why it's nice being a LeBron fan, no super hard allegiance to a team so there is no up and down emotions with me during a time like this.
Manny Phresh
Senior

Post#58 » by Manny Phresh » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:46 pm

CCavs wrote:] Someone recently said we should have drafted Drummond instead.

You could argue Drummond. I really wanted Drummond but I am not dissapointed in picking up Waiters. Drummond has come on of late in the last 10 games almost averaging a double double. BUT AGAIN... He's not lighting the world ablaze right now. The point like the poster above me pretty much clarified is that we have some time before we can make judgement on these players. The only player you can really make a judgement on is Damian Lillard. I think it's safe to say that Damian Lillard is going to be a good player. How good of a player? We'll just have to wait and see.
Niko23
Lead Assistant
And1: 884

Post#59 » by Niko23 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:26 pm

Last 10 he upped his FG% to 40. Last 5 to 43%
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#60 » by B Mac » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:39 am

I dont know what it is about Dion, but I cant remember a player getting less respect from the refs than him. His FG% should be several ticks higher if he were to get half of the calls he should be getting, and his PPG would be a couple points higher to boot. Lets hope his rookie hazing period is almost over from the refs, because its beyond ridiculous. Hopefully next year he starts actually getting the calls he's earned and can setup his outside shot based off of his driving ability like he has been trying to.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers