Trade Ideas (Part III)

Moderator: ijspeelman

Rise Against
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 73

Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#1 » by Rise Against » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:04 am

Continue on with any trade discussions here.

Previous thread:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1168864
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,965

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#2 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:42 pm

Holding pattern until LBJ re-signs.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
ninjamilk23
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,132

Post#3 » by ninjamilk23 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:54 pm

I'm excited to see what the Cavs can do this off-season. I'm sure plenty of guys are willing to play for Cavs now that they've won a championship. I really think Nicolas Batum would be a great fit.
Sometimes I'll start a sentence and I don't even know where it's going. I just hope I find it along the way.
kenneth9265
Head Coach
And1: 9

Post#4 » by kenneth9265 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:01 pm

jbk1234 wrote:Holding pattern until LBJ re-signs.

I 2nd that statement, Lebron's resigning is the most important signing before any trading or resigning of any other player as of right now.... :nod:
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#5 » by psimanic1 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:03 pm

What would you guys ask from Denver for Love?
With yesterdays draft, we have few extras in every position...
You can have Faried, Arthur(S&T), Lauvergne, Gallo, Chandler, Barton, Sampson/Toupane...Not all of them but some combination...
Would Faried+Barton+Lauvergne do it? Would Faried+Chandler?
FrontPageNews
Starter
And1: 1,474

Post#6 » by FrontPageNews » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:47 pm

psimanic1 wrote:What would you guys ask from Denver for Love?
With yesterdays draft, we have few extras in every position...
You can have Faried, Arthur(S&T), Lauvergne, Gallo, Chandler, Barton, Sampson/Toupane...Not all of them but some combination...
Would Faried+Barton+Lauvergne do it? Would Faried+Chandler?

No faried. He's a worse version of TT. Barton is nice but he's not worth Love. I'm not sure anything Denver has would entice us. Unless they got a 3rd team involved.
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,061

Post#7 » by tidho » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:08 pm

ninjamilk23 wrote:I'm excited to see what the Cavs can do this off-season. I'm sure plenty of guys are willing to play for Cavs now that they've won a championship. I really think Nicolas Batum would be a great fit.

Really tough to get midlevel talent onto this team given the cap situation.

Even sign and trade potential is largely gone because so many teams have so much room.
NatiboyB
Rookie
And1: 389

Post#8 » by NatiboyB » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:38 am

is there a way to grab Mclemore and Koufous from the Kings?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:19 pm

NatiboyB wrote:is there a way to grab Mclemore and Koufous from the Kings?

We could get one or the other with the TPE. Given the fact that McLemore is represented by Klutch, I'd aim for Koufus.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,061

Post#10 » by tidho » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:06 pm

jbk1234 wrote:

We could get one or the other with the TPE. Given the fact that McLemore is represented by Klutch, I'd aim for Koufus.

Anyone we bring in will eventually be represented by Klutch, lol.
I do think Koufus would be a great backfill for Mozgov. Also think we could get a McLeMore type for the $3.4M we're allowed to pay a free agent.

I also think there's an opportunity to pluck a young guy away from Boston for Cedi Osman's rights. They simply have more bodies than they can keep and would probably take a punt with a euro-stash flip.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:17 pm

tidho wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Anyone we bring in will eventually be represented by Klutch, lol.
I do think Koufus would be a great backfill for Mozgov. Also think we could get a McLeMore type for the $3.4M we're allowed to pay a free agent.

I also think there's an opportunity to pluck a young guy away from Boston for Cedi Osman's rights. They simply have more bodies than they can keep and would probably take a punt with a euro-stash flip.

Osman can come over next summer. I wouldn't trade him. The Spurs don't trade away their international guys for meh prospects who spend most of their time in the D League. Given the fact that Ainge has trouble putting guys like Crowder and Bradley on the table for Butler, I can't see him making them available. Honestly, unless Ainge calls the Cavs with a realistic opening offer, he's not someone I'd waste time talking too.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Smokeeye123
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#12 » by Smokeeye123 » Mon Jul 4, 2016 10:04 pm

Hey guys Celtics fan here. The subject of Kevin love comes up a lot and was wondering what his trade value is right now.

Would something like Avery Bradley, + another player (Besides IT) + picks (Besides Nets 2017) be enough to get him? Reason being you guys need help on the perimeter defensively and Bradley is a lockdown defender.Will help cover the Klay's and Curry's of the world. Interested to see what you guys have to say.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jul 5, 2016 1:02 am

Smokeeye123 wrote:Hey guys Celtics fan here. The subject of Kevin love comes up a lot and was wondering what his trade value is right now.

Would something like Avery Bradley, + another player (Besides IT) + picks (Besides Nets 2017) be enough to get him? Reason being you guys need help on the perimeter defensively and Bradley is a lockdown defender.Will help cover the Klay's and Curry's of the world. Interested to see what you guys have to say.

Based on everything that's being reported, the Cavs aren't trading Love. Griffin wants to keep the core together.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,677

Post#14 » by Dupp » Wed Jul 6, 2016 12:41 pm

Smokeeye123 wrote:Hey guys Celtics fan here. The subject of Kevin love comes up a lot and was wondering what his trade value is right now.

Makes no sense for you guys now. A Love/Horford front court would be a disaster.
rambo_ortega
Assistant Coach
And1: 13

Trade with Phoenix 

Post#15 » by rambo_ortega » Fri Jul 8, 2016 2:34 am

Bledsoe and Chandler

They get a starting C and mini lebron

Chandler/Thompson/James/Smith/Irving
Kaun/Jefferson/Dunleavy/Bledsoe

for

Love, Williams and Jones

Len/Love/Tucker/Booker/Knight
Chriss/Bender/Warren/Goodwin/Ulis
Tigersrule
RealGM
And1: 7,543

Post#16 » by Tigersrule » Fri Jul 8, 2016 3:47 am

Trade for Ariza using that Andy trade exception....Trade K love, Shumpert, and picks for Demarcus Cousins, Ben Mclemore, and Kosta Koufus. Throw a lineup of Kyrie, Jr Smith, Ariza, Lebron, and Demarcus and they will dominate the Warriors..
Tigersrule
RealGM
And1: 7,543

Re: Trade with Phoenix 

Post#17 » by Tigersrule » Fri Jul 8, 2016 3:47 am

Not that good. Cant start both Thompson and Chandler. no spacing whats so eever and would get dominated by the Warriors. Bledsoe already had two surgeries on his knees, so too risky...I would do: Trade for Ariza using that Andy trade exception....Trade K love, Shumpert, and picks for Demarcus Cousins, Ben Mclemore, and Kosta Koufus. Throw a lineup of Kyrie, Jr Smith, Ariza, Lebron, and Demarcus and they will dominate the Warriors..
FrontPageNews
Starter

Re: Trade with Phoenix 

Post#18 » by FrontPageNews » Fri Jul 8, 2016 6:08 am

Yeah that's just terrible.

Bledsoe has had 3 knee surgerys and chandler is a shell of himself.

Not to mention the terrible spacing this would cause.
FrontPageNews
Starter

Post#19 » by FrontPageNews » Fri Jul 8, 2016 6:11 am

Tigersrule wrote:Trade for Ariza using that Andy trade exception....Trade K love, Shumpert, and picks for Demarcus Cousins, Ben Mclemore, and Kosta Koufus. Throw a lineup of Kyrie, Jr Smith, Ariza, Lebron, and Demarcus and they will dominate the Warriors..

And then turn off nba 2k and get back to real life.

Houston isn't giving up ariza for free.

and there's no way in hell Kevin love and shump would get boogie.
BallinBen
Sophomore
And1: 19

Post#20 » by BallinBen » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:47 pm

What would Cavs fans think of Westbrook and Illyasova for Love, Shumpert, a first and a second.

I think OKC would take a star that they can have long term over Westbrook, they also get a guard to replace Westbrook, as well as some fillers. The Cavs get a dominant true point guard that plays both ends. Illyasova is mostly for salary matching and he's a stretch 4 to "replace" Love. With Westbrook this could be your lineup-

Westbrook
Kyrie
Dunleavy
LeBron
TT

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers