Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#801 » by Stillwater » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:13 pm

Revenged25 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:
Not a bad sequence and that roster would probably compete against the Warriors, though the chances of winning would still be limited.

I still really think the Cavs should look to do a rebuild and even tell LeBron the situation, work together to help him with a opt&trade if one presented itself with good value, and look to part publicly on good terms as a joint decision. It would go a long way in improving Dan Gilberts image in the NBA/fans/media and maybe even with LeBron, it would also allow LeBron to leave without having to worry about people in Cleveland holding a grudge against him as it would be the org and him doing what is best for each of their situations.

If he leaves we cannot do a full rebuild per say for at least another season without trades like the first one fast forwarding the process.
If he is leaving, then sure you would want to get something in return for him, but the org isn't going to propose that given the chance he will return if they do whatever the can to make the roster a notch better, which is really all it would take.
If they cannot get any deals done to improve the roster at all, then you consider that.
If Lebron can take this group to the finals there is no reason we couldn't get there again and again with a few minor upgrades, and there is no reason we couldn't overcome the likes of Boston,Philly,GSW, Houston etc if we got Kawhi and an upgrade at the pg position.

My concern with many of the moves suggested by people is that it puts the Cavs into a big hole against a team like Philly who has a dominant big man in Embiid who could abuse us on offense and help limit the defense. I think that if the Cavs got Leonard and LeBron stayed, that PG might reconsider going to LA due to what would be there and might end up in Philly on a max contract which would put them into a very good spot as well. That's not to mention that Philly still has quite a few good assets and could potentially try to swing the #10 pick and other pieces to upgrade as well even if it's not PG.

I'm sure potential moves by other rosters are small concerns in the grand scheme of things , as there are way too many variables.
We have to deal with facts not projections.
These deals I was putting out there are far from likely to transpire unfortunately , but are reasonable value moves that could be on the table regardless of if Lebron stayed or not.
I think the first deal is the most likely to realistically happen given the absorbing of an injured player who will likely never be a starter again in this league unless somebody else wants the 4th bad enough to overpay even more than we would be by sending a better player than Love to Memphis.
The reason SA wouldn't trade Kawhi for example to Memphis for the 4th eliminating us from the deal, is they would want no part of Parsons, and Memphis aint moving that pick without moving Parsons.
What will happen as opposed to the best case scenarios are probably pretty far apart at the end of the day.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
mackmack456
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#802 » by mackmack456 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:29 am

youngthegiant wrote:What would you guys be looking to get for Korver? Expiring deal? decent prospect? 2nd rd pick?

not much. Trade kevin love

Kemba walker Trade 1st rd pick + clarkson

demarcus cousins or deandre jordan sign/trade

Kemba would take more pressure off lebron than kawhi/paul George

cavs need 3 big moves. Add 1 of these players Jabari Parker/Tyreke Evans/Avery Bradley/Will Barton

Kemba
cousins
lebron
lance jr
mackmack456
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#803 » by mackmack456 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:46 am

Kemba Walker and CJ McCollum Trade would be :D
Wisedude
Sophomore
And1: 104

Post#804 » by Wisedude » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:30 pm

Kemba Walker is a 28 year old POS. If the Cavs have a pre-aranged trade to draft a player for Charlotte at 8 and then trade that player plus a roster player for Kemba Walker,then Dan Gilbert has lost his mind. Colin Sexton is already 1000X the player Kemba is.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#805 » by Stillwater » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:53 pm

Regarding trading for Walker, we have to get back the 11th if the 8th is moved or I'm out. Some see the DH trade to the Nets this week as a sign Charlotte is blowing it up and Kemba will be next. I don't necessarily see it that way, but if anything maybe we can get him for next to nothing given what it took for the Nets to get Dwight.
However, I think this is more likely a sign that they are not interested in a full rebuild being stuck with Batum's contract and little trade options without giving up good players but at this point don't see Mozgov and a couple of 2nd rounders as much of a drop off from DH, so they may have decided to retain Kemba with intent to pay him next summer if the team turns the corner and are targeting Wendel Carter or Robert Williams at 11.
There is also the possibility that They will trade Kemba & move Monk to the pg position as he is a liability defensively at the 2 and played point guard his entire life before college where he was moved off ball due to his shooting ability as opposed to his lack of court vision, and not to mention Fox was better suited to the 1 guard.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,089

Post#806 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:16 pm

The Cavs had better not be trading for Kemba without securing a commitment from LBJ first. If they deal No. 8, and LBJ walks anyway, this board will probably need a new moderator because I don't think I can stomach all the LOL takes.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Trailbreaker
Junior
And1: 115

Post#807 » by Trailbreaker » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:55 pm

jbk1234 wrote:The Cavs had better not be trading for Kemba without securing a commitment from LBJ first. If they deal No. 8, and LBJ walks anyway, this board will probably need a new moderator because I don't think I can stomach all the LOL takes.

Yeah, I’d prefer not to be Shabazz Napier’d.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#808 » by jbk1234 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:56 pm

Doesn't look like the Cavs are trading the pick:

Read on Twitter
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Kjdills13
Sophomore
And1: 86

Post#809 » by Kjdills13 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:33 am

Suns- Kyrie Irving
Celtics- Lebron James
Cavs- Brandon knight, gordon Hayward, 2019 mil 1st , 2019 suns first.

Celtics- now resign smart and have the same team they went to game 7 with except now they ALSO HAVE LEBRON.

Cavs- take in knight cap space, but get a all star(ish) sf to replace James, then 2 1st round picks next year to start revamping!

Suns- knight and lose 2 1st but get an ALL STAR pG
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#810 » by jbk1234 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:12 pm

Kjdills13 wrote:Suns- Kyrie Irving
Celtics- Lebron James

Celtics- now resign smart and have the same team they went to game 7 with except now they ALSO HAVE LEBRON.

Cavs- take in knight cap space, but get a all star(ish) sf to replace James, then 2 1st round picks next year to start revamping!

Without seeing Hayward actually play, I'd pass. That could be two brutal contracts. Gilbert would need a premium to trade LBJ to the Celtics and stay in the repeater tax. This assumes LBJ even wants to play for the Celtics.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
kiwibrindle
Starter
And1: 80

Post#811 » by kiwibrindle » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:21 pm

Cousines in a S&T with for TT ? For about the same money he made last year with the pelicans? I think that makes LBJ happy and fills a huge hole if Cousins is okay after the Achilles surgery. Just a one year deal that makes him play his ass off for the big contract in 2020
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#812 » by Stillwater » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:42 pm

kiwibrindle wrote:Cousines in a S&T with for TT ? For about the same money he made last year with the pelicans? I think that makes LBJ happy and fills a huge hole if Cousins is okay after the Achilles surgery. Just a one year deal that makes him play his ass off for the big contract in 2020

Can't expect Cousins to be healthy this season, no deal
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#813 » by jbk1234 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:58 pm

kiwibrindle wrote:Cousines in a S&T with for TT ? For about the same money he made last year with the pelicans? I think that makes LBJ happy and fills a huge hole if Cousins is okay after the Achilles surgery. Just a one year deal that makes him play his ass off for the big contract in 2020

Cavs can't receive a recently signed player without first cutting $17 million or so off the books first. Once you get past that, why would the Pelicans do that? If the choices are Cousins on a team-friendly one year deal, cap space, or TT on his deal, I know which one I'd choose.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Trailbreaker
Junior
And1: 115

Post#814 » by Trailbreaker » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:58 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Kjdills13 wrote:Suns- Kyrie Irving
Celtics- Lebron James

Without seeing Hayward actually play, I'd pass. That could be two brutal contracts. Gilbert would need a premium to trade LBJ to the Celtics and stay in the repeater tax. This assumes LBJ even wants to play for the Celtics.

Oh man, I would just get the feeling that Ainge would be trying to sell us damaged goods again if that deal came to fruition.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#815 » by jbk1234 » Mon Jul 2, 2018 2:41 pm

I see the T&T board is going to be chalk full of Cavs-eat-future-money-for-free-because-reasons trades for a while.

Say what you will about Gilbert, but when was the last time the Cavs made a lopsided trade in the other team's favor? Also, his involvement guarantees the Cavs will not be taking back dumb money without compensation.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#816 » by Revenged25 » Mon Jul 2, 2018 4:12 pm

jbk1234 wrote:I see the T&T board is going to be chalk full of Cavs-eat-future-money-for-free-because-reasons trades for a while.

Say what you will about Gilbert, but when was the last time the Cavs made a lopsided trade in the other team's favor? Also, his involvement guarantees the Cavs will not be taking back dumb money without compensation.

I agree, I can see the Cavs taking back some bad longterm money for a great asset, but more than likely I can see things like Hill or JR heading to a team wanting to dump a Parsons/Anderson/Gallinari contract that has the guarantees still in place for next year as well and a late 1st, possibly more.

If the Suns really want some more veteran presence, especially at PG, i could see Hill to them for like TJ Warren + Dudley. Dudley is an expiring while TJ is on a friendly contract and even if he just plays as a 6th man could be valuable to the team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#817 » by jbk1234 » Mon Jul 2, 2018 4:16 pm

Revenged25 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:I see the T&T board is going to be chalk full of Cavs-eat-future-money-for-free-because-reasons trades for a while.

I agree, I can see the Cavs taking back some bad longterm money for a great asset, but more than likely I can see things like Hill or JR heading to a team wanting to dump a Parsons/Anderson/Gallinari contract that has the guarantees still in place for next year as well and a late 1st, possibly more.

If the Suns really want some more veteran presence, especially at PG, i could see Hill to them for like TJ Warren + Dudley. Dudley is an expiring while TJ is on a friendly contract and even if he just plays as a 6th man could be valuable to the team.

I think Warren is already a bad contract. He's exactly the type of player that you let test the market as a RFA. Instead, the Suns extended him. He'd be lucky to get 2/3 of that salary in the present market. Now that the Suns have Josh Jackson and Mikal Bridges, that guy is going to have limited minutes and his volume scoring on inefficient shooting won't even be a thing.

In terms of selling off our space, we should wait until next summer unless someone makes a great offer. You don't want to eat a massive contract for a late first and then watch a team like the Lakers attach a real asset to Deng next summer to sign a guy like Leonard. For the first time in 4 years, the Cavs are the team that can be patient and play the waiting game. That's exactly what they should do.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Revenged25
Analyst

Post#818 » by Revenged25 » Mon Jul 2, 2018 4:26 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:

I think Warren is already a bad contract. He's exactly the type of player that you let test the market as a RFA. Instead, the Suns extended him. He'd be lucky to get 2/3 of that salary in the present market. Now that the Suns have Josh Jackson and Mikal Bridges, that guy is going to have limited minutes and his volume scoring on inefficient shooting won't even be a thing.

In terms of selling off our space, we should wait until next summer unless someone makes a great offer. You don't want to eat a massive contract for a late first and then watch a team like the Lakers attach a real asset to Deng next summer to sign a guy like Leonard. For the first time in 4 years, the Cavs are the team that can be patient and play the waiting game. That's exactly what they should do.

Well will we have the space? Obviously we could just renounce rights to Hill/JR but I wouldn't be opposed to using some of it on a quality prospect/player. I mean Im' not running out the door to make the above mentioned Suns trade, just a thought. I mean I think Rodney Hood would be a similar player for us so I wouldn't feel a need to rush out and get him either. I was just tossing out a potential, the late 1st was just a minimal of what I though we'd get. I think a lot of it comes down to what happens with Leonard by the trade deadline. If he still hasn't been traded but is looking good for the Spurs, then I think the value to move guys like Deng/Galinnari for a run at Leonard in 2019 becomes much more valuable and you make the trade then. If not then I think the 2019 FA market becomes much less appealing so value for cap space drops. Though a team like Washington might be willing to part with an asset due to the massive cap hit of Wall soon.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#819 » by Stillwater » Mon Jul 2, 2018 4:58 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7085417
If Philly does not get Kawhi and the Cavs really do want to move Love fast... Love and Perkins for Covington,Bayless,2021 first via Miami and the rights to Jonah Bolden
Revenged25
Analyst

Post#820 » by Revenged25 » Mon Jul 2, 2018 5:24 pm

Stillwater wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7085417
If Philly does not get Kawhi and the Cavs really do want to move Love fast... Love and Perkins for Covington,Bayless,2021 first via Miami and the rights to Jonah Bolden

I think I would prefer going for Zhaire than the 2021 MIA 1st. Sure the 2021 MIA 1st could be amazing, but that's 3 years down the line. At least with Zhaire we'd have our potential future backcourt of Sexton/Smith developing together over the next few years.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers