ImageImageImage

Trade Ideas (Part III)

Moderator: jbk1234

Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 12,855
And1: 3,244
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#1341 » by Stillwater » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:08 am

100proof wrote:Would cavs be interested in something around Hayward and #14 and 26 for #5 and Salary (Exum, Nance Jr)?

Just gauging value of picks in this draft, and value of Hayward around the league. IMO acquiring Hayward would probably bump your team into the playoffs where they can be a threat. Also team would still have their youth moving forward.

Sexton/Garland
Windler/Porter Jr
Hayward/Osman
Love/Nance Jr
Drummond/Bell

have MLE, #14, #26 to round out roster. But IMO should be a playoff team easily with 60 mill in expiring for the Big free agency summer of 2021.

I think despite the draft being meh as far as trade down value, and maybe not a ton of difference in prospect upside between 10 and 25 CLE is doubtful to have interest in trading out of the top 10 or trading the 5 for one year sf rental esp one coming off another injury that will want to get paid next summer.
Nance is untouchable imo right now anyway and Exums expiring will have more value at the dl
Thanks to isolation and becoming one with the darkness of self I have
now harnessed a semi- permanent hypnagogic state of consciousness
where the painted dream of the wayward soul is false reality bliss-
There's Mud in the moonshine- Stillwater
100proof
Starter
Posts: 2,187
And1: 1,114
Joined: Jul 25, 2019

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#1342 » by 100proof » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:44 am

Stillwater wrote:
100proof wrote:Would cavs be interested in something around Hayward and #14 and 26 for #5 and Salary (Exum, Nance Jr)?

Just gauging value of picks in this draft, and value of Hayward around the league. IMO acquiring Hayward would probably bump your team into the playoffs where they can be a threat. Also team would still have their youth moving forward.

Sexton/Garland
Windler/Porter Jr
Hayward/Osman
Love/Nance Jr
Drummond/Bell

have MLE, #14, #26 to round out roster. But IMO should be a playoff team easily with 60 mill in expiring for the Big free agency summer of 2021.

I think despite the draft being meh as far as trade down value, and maybe not a ton of difference in prospect upside between 10 and 25 CLE is doubtful to have interest in trading out of the top 10 or trading the 5 for one year sf rental esp one coming off another injury that will want to get paid next summer.
Nance is untouchable imo right now anyway and Exums expiring will have more value at the dl


Fair enough.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 38,633
And1: 22,312
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#1343 » by jbk1234 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:48 pm

100proof wrote:Would cavs be interested in something around Hayward and #14 and 26 for #5 and Salary (Exum, Nance Jr)?

Just gauging value of picks in this draft, and value of Hayward around the league. IMO acquiring Hayward would probably bump your team into the playoffs where they can be a threat. Also team would still have their youth moving forward.

Sexton/Garland
Windler/Porter Jr
Hayward/Osman
Love/Nance Jr
Drummond/Bell

have MLE, #14, #26 to round out roster. But IMO should be a playoff team easily with 60 mill in expiring for the Big free agency summer of 2021.
The Cavs adding No. 5 is just delusional.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
ThatBoyNick
Starter
Posts: 2,498
And1: 2,010
Joined: Jul 12, 2014
 

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#1344 » by ThatBoyNick » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:44 am

How could Houston get Nance Jr?

I think he’d be a really nice 5 in our system, and a solid stretch 4 if he can keep developing his outside shot.

I’m thinking 3 team deal with Tucker + 2nd going to team X, Larry to Houston, 1st to Cavs

Normally Tucker would be untouchable, but I think RoCo + Nance would fill his shoes well.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 38,633
And1: 22,312
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#1345 » by jbk1234 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:09 am

ThatBoyNick wrote:How could Houston get Nance Jr?

I think he’d be a really nice 5 in our system, and a solid stretch 4 if he can keep developing his outside shot.

I’m thinking 3 team deal with Tucker + 2nd going to team X, Larry to Houston, 1st to Cavs

Normally Tucker would be untouchable, but I think RoCo + Nance would fill his shoes well.
Cavs gave up a first to get him, they like him, he's signed to a reasonable deal, and he's young enough they don't have to worry about trading him while they can. It will be cost prohibitive for the Rockets to trade for him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
UnFadeable21
Senior
Posts: 649
And1: 136
Joined: Mar 30, 2019

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#1346 » by UnFadeable21 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:50 pm

Would Cavs accept 17th pick and expiring James Johnson for Larry Nance?
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 38,633
And1: 22,312
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#1347 » by jbk1234 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:43 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:Would Cavs accept 17th pick and expiring James Johnson for Larry Nance?
I doubt it. They really like him and he's on a very reasonable deal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers