Moderator: ijspeelman

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,123

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#1241 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jan 7, 2020 12:05 am

Revenged25 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Cook and McKinnie were waived. There may be a trade incoming.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app

No other reason to waive McKinnie who it's reported the Cavs want to resign if he clears waivers.
I mean there's really no reason to waive either one. We saved a couple million with the Clarkson trade.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#1242 » by Stillwater » Tue Jan 7, 2020 7:00 am

Also just added another guard from Canton to the briefly available two way spot ... Maybe they are trading Garland and Sexton after Exums break out game lol that's about as much as they had to go on with Garland. I actually wouldn't be surprised if one did get traded esp if they won't trade love for salary relief and 2nds
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#1243 » by gflem » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:08 pm

Wiretap is saying that the Pels may be looking for vet help. TT would be a great fit there. They definitely have the draft assets I would be looking for if I were the Cavs GM.
Edit:typo
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#1244 » by Stillwater » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:12 am

gflem wrote:Wiretap is saying that the Pels may be looking for vet help. TT would be a great fit there. They definitely have the draft assets I would be looking for if I were the Cavs GM.
Edit:typo

I guess TT could make some sense but Favors is back and Hayes is doing pretty good down there as a rook and is the future at the 5 for them. Maybe Griff would want to bring in TT for that vet leader presence if he is delusional enough to think he can make them a "good" playoff team this season. I don't doubt TT could help them get to the playoffs but they'd be facing a 1 or 2 seed and would not be playing long. I dont buy Griff would give up enough either in that scenario...but hey one could only hope
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,380

Post#1245 » by JonFromVA » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:08 am

Or maybe Henson is being held on the bench because he's about to be traded or there's actual interest in Zizic and he's being showcased. Dunno what's going on but guys previously buried on the bench are stepping in and helping.
snowman
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 2,521

Post#1246 » by snowman » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:59 pm

Would you guys be willing to give up either of Sexton or Garland if you could move Love to Boston for Hayward and a vet backup point guard?
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#1247 » by Revenged25 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:01 pm

snowman wrote:Would you guys be willing to give up either of Sexton or Garland if you could move Love to Boston for Hayward and a vet backup point guard?

How many 1sts are Bos adding in as well?
snowman
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#1248 » by snowman » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:05 pm

possibly 1, Bucks 2020 1st. Just a thought
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#1249 » by Revenged25 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:11 pm

snowman wrote:possibly 1, Bucks 2020 1st. Just a thought

Not even close. I'm guessing you see Love as a negative asset, Cavs don't. So I could see a possible Love for Hayward swap working, but they aren't going to be attaching value of any kind to Love in a trade. Sending out Garland/Sexton along with Love would mean they are getting a lot better assets in return.
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#1250 » by gflem » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:54 pm

Revenged25 wrote:

Not even close. I'm guessing you see Love as a negative asset, Cavs don't. So I could see a possible Love for Hayward swap working, but they aren't going to be attaching value of any kind to Love in a trade. Sending out Garland/Sexton along with Love would mean they are getting a lot better assets in return.

Yeah, the Bucks pick doesn't move the needle for me. And, it would be Sexton in that type of deal not Garland imo. Don't really care if we get a vet pg, we already have two on the roster.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#1251 » by Stillwater » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:22 pm

gflem wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:

Yeah, the Bucks pick doesn't move the needle for me. And, it would be Sexton in that type of deal not Garland imo. Don't really care if we get a vet pg, we already have two on the roster.

almost a negative chance Koby ever deals with Dannyboy again tbh
Hayward has his good and bad but I think Boston is fine with him for now, and really don't need a KLove type player. What they need is Giannis to go west
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1252 » by jbk1234 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:29 pm

snowman wrote:Would you guys be willing to give up either of Sexton or Garland if you could move Love to Boston for Hayward and a vet backup point guard?

First off, Garland is unavailable. He's literally the only player on the roster who the Cavs have proclaimed is unavailable.

There is zero chance the Cavs attach value to Love to move him. They have plenty of cap space and he's the best player we can presently put on the court. We'll play the long game if it comes to that. Also the Cavs currently have three vet PGs on the roster and Exum is under contract for next season as well. If you're talking about Wanamaker just leave him out altogether, cut him, do whatever you want, but don't send him back here.

If Boston wanted to trade Love for Hayward straight up, and the Cavs could get value for Hayward from a third team, I'd be intrigued. But Hayward would opt out this summer with the quickness if he were on a rebuilding roster.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
snowman
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#1253 » by snowman » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:33 pm

Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate it. Maybe we can trade ideas on something else later on. Good luck guys.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1254 » by jbk1234 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:18 am

I feel like I'm going to be angry if TT is still on the roster after the deadline. It won't necessarily be his fault but I really want there to be a zero percent chance that we hand him a big contract this summer. He's strictly a small ball 5 and you can't pay guys like that the money he wants. Also, we need more rim protection than he offers. The reality is that between Garland and Love, you need a center who can really keep opposing teams honest at the rim. This is before you even get into his offensive limitations. I've just really soured on retaining him after that report came out stating that he wants a max to stay.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#1255 » by Stillwater » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:57 pm

Given the odds Love are traded before this summer are looking a bit unlikely, I think they will force the issue and take a similar package for TT as they got for JC.
If they do decide to keep him for his leadership then Love probably got moved this week .
I would think somebody would give up a late first for TT that the Cavs could then add to an outgoing Love so they can at least get a rotation player back.but I think that's only if behind closed doors he's forcing a trade.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1256 » by jbk1234 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:28 pm

Let's be honest, if a player like TT is asking for max money to stay, he's requested a trade.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#1257 » by Stillwater » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:26 pm

jbk1234 wrote:Let's be honest, if a player like TT is asking for max money to stay, he's requested a trade.

Lol I meant if love is trying to force the issue not TT.
TT could easily get them a late first being an expiring not to mention it being a weaker than normal draft by the looks of it so far.
I do think Altman might take a couple 2nd instead just to get it done so they don't get left w nothing.
Keeping TT only makes sense is if he tests the market and realized all he will get is a reasonable deal not a Max.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1258 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:47 am

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Let's be honest, if a player like TT is asking for max money to stay, he's requested a trade.

TT could easily get them a late first being an expiring not to mention it being a weaker than normal draft by the looks of it so far.
I do think Altman might take a couple 2nd instead just to get it done so they don't get left w nothing.
Keeping TT only makes sense is if he tests the market and realized all he will get is a reasonable deal not a Max.
If it could be done easily, TT would be gone. We're playing out a string here.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#1259 » by Stillwater » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:59 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:

Too many 11th hour deadline deals take place to believe it's anything more than them being reluctant to trade him just yet but like I said he may take 2 2nds just to get it done this week or next since that's probably the most that been offered despite it not being the most teams would give up.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1260 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:33 pm

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Lol I meant if love is trying to force the issue not TT.

Too many 11th hour deadline deals take place to believe it's anything more than them being reluctant to trade him just yet but like I said he may take 2 2nds just to get it done this week or next since that's probably the most that been offered despite it not being the most teams would give up.
I suspect other teams are reluctant to give up a first tbh. Any time you trade for a guy TT's age on an expiring contract, you always ask to speak with their agent re their next contract. Other teams probably view him as a rental.

cbosh4mvp wrote:

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers