ImageImageImage

Trade Ideas (Part III)

Moderator: jbk1234

carjoch_831
Freshman
Posts: 53
And1: 22
Joined: Mar 06, 2012

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#61 » by carjoch_831 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:14 pm

Who will be the man out if Cavs sign both Deron and Bogut/Sanders? I hope they keep Derrick Williams.
User avatar
Dupp
RealGM
Posts: 100,810
And1: 50,815
Joined: Aug 16, 2009
Location: Billy Crystals lap
 

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#62 » by Dupp » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:16 pm

Macrae I imagine
Neato wrote:I'd also like to take this opportunity to apologize to everyone for being a neato
BucksPackers
Analyst
Posts: 3,075
And1: 599
Joined: Jun 23, 2016

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#63 » by BucksPackers » Mon Apr 3, 2017 5:59 pm

You guys can have Delly back he sucks!
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 36,958
And1: 21,218
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#64 » by jbk1234 » Mon Apr 3, 2017 7:20 pm

BucksPackers wrote:You guys can have Delly back he sucks!


I'd do Delly for Shump straight up. Shaves a year off of Delly's deal for you guys.
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
BucksPackers
Analyst
Posts: 3,075
And1: 599
Joined: Jun 23, 2016

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#65 » by BucksPackers » Mon Apr 3, 2017 7:43 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
BucksPackers wrote:You guys can have Delly back he sucks!


I'd do Delly for Shump straight up. Shaves a year off of Delly's deal for you guys.



Call your GM and I will call mine. I couldn't thank you enough lol!
User avatar
Dupp
RealGM
Posts: 100,810
And1: 50,815
Joined: Aug 16, 2009
Location: Billy Crystals lap
 

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#66 » by Dupp » Mon Apr 3, 2017 8:13 pm

You're gonna love shump! :uhoh:
Neato wrote:I'd also like to take this opportunity to apologize to everyone for being a neato
Butler4thewin
Rookie
Posts: 1,230
And1: 395
Joined: Jan 07, 2017
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#67 » by Butler4thewin » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:02 am

Where are all the cavs fans? This forum is beyond dead
Dellyhas2gfs
Sophomore
Posts: 247
And1: 49
Joined: Mar 15, 2017

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#68 » by Dellyhas2gfs » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:54 am

Love or JR and Felder for Middleton and Delly? Cavs need some defense

Shed Shump, JR, maybe Frye for picks/young talent

Sign Hayward. I wanted the Bucks to but if Delly's on the Cavs I'll be a Cavs fan again.

LBJ
Hayward
Kyrie
Middleton
Thompson
Delly
Jefferson
Vets and Rooks
Hoopz Afrik
Veteran
Posts: 2,708
And1: 1,875
Joined: Jul 07, 2009
     

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#69 » by Hoopz Afrik » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:59 pm

Shump for Beverley?! Hopefully but not likely.
Super Eagles GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Saciid11
General Manager
Posts: 7,748
And1: 3,603
Joined: May 22, 2009

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#70 » by Saciid11 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:06 pm

First trade ...Tristan Thompson +Shumpert for Bizmack Biyomba + Terrence Ross

Why ... Tristan is better overall player then Biz right now, but Biz gives the Cavs the rim protection the Cavs lack with giving up the rebounding and defence Tristan provides ...Ross right now much better shooter, especially spot up shooter ..

Second trade Love + Filler for George

Third hope Melo is bought out ...

C- Biz
PF-Melo
SF-LebronSF-
SG- George
PG- Irving


6th man Ross
Dellyhas2gfs
Sophomore
Posts: 247
And1: 49
Joined: Mar 15, 2017

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#71 » by Dellyhas2gfs » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:59 pm

Biyombo is a good fit. Thompson for Biyombo and #6 or at least #25 or Biyombo, #33 and #35
JR for Middleton or Jabari and Delly
Love to Celtics for one of the Nets picks, or their 2017 and 2019 Celtics picks, then they won't need Hayward anymore
Shump and Frye to a team that needs to reach the salary floor (Nets, Sixers, Mavs, Nuggets) with an expiring for second round picks
Get LBJ to sign Hayward

LBJ
Kyrie
Hayward
Biyambo
Middleton or Jabari
Delly
Jefferson
pick from Orlando
pick from Boston
vets
User avatar
ProcessDoctor
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,143
And1: 1,945
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#72 » by ProcessDoctor » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:56 pm

Sixers fan here, but huge LeBron fan. Cleveland will match up better with GS if they can accomplish the following:

1. Trade Love for PG13
2. Trade Shumpert + Frye + 2021 1st in S&T for DWade (opts out then re-signs for $14 mil/year) to play 6th man (Iggy/Manu role)
3. Re-sign Bogut, Deron + Derrick Williams, Jones, and Korver to vet min deals

Irving/Williams/Felder
Smith/Wade/Jones
George/Korver/Jefferson
LeBron/Williams/(Vet)
Thompson/Bogut/(Vet)
2019-2020 Philadelphia 76ers:

Simmons/Neto/Milton/Burke
Richardson/Korkmaz/Smith
Harris/Ennis/Thybulle
Horford/Scott/Bolden
Embiid/O’Quinn
User avatar
rambo_ortega
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,410
And1: 3
Joined: Jan 22, 2004

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#73 » by rambo_ortega » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:23 pm

They should find a way to get Rudy Gay maybe via S&T. He is coming off an injury but has played very well before it. He can provide the length, offense and versatility to match up with the warriors.
Image
KuruptedCav
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,761
And1: 564
Joined: Dec 15, 2004

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#74 » by KuruptedCav » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:05 am

rambo_ortega wrote:They should find a way to get Rudy Gay maybe via S&T. He is coming off an injury but has played very well before it. He can provide the length, offense and versatility to match up with the warriors.

That would hard cap the Cavs. Based on the number of minor moves they make during the season, I cannot imagine that's viable.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
zodiac816
Sophomore
Posts: 104
And1: 13
Joined: May 31, 2015
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#75 » by zodiac816 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:01 pm

I don't care if you have Cousins, you don't have a plan to defend Curry and Durant. Curry runs rings around the big guys.Look at the Curry/Gobert You Tube video
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 36,958
And1: 21,218
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#76 » by jbk1234 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:25 am

zodiac816 wrote:I don't care if you have Cousins, you don't have a plan to defend Curry and Durant. Curry runs rings around the big guys.Look at the Curry/Gobert You Tube video


Please don't come here and taunt/troll Cavs fans. Consider this an informal warning.
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
Freighttrain
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,335
And1: 2,015
Joined: Aug 08, 2014
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#77 » by Freighttrain » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:53 am

We should make a list with people the cavs should go after, in order to compete with GSW. I'll start :

- Melo --> perhaps buyout and sign vet min with the cavs
- Tony Allen --> great defender, if we can talk him into getting to the finals and winning a ring, perhaps he would come
- Pat beverly --> Houston is looking for trading options, i'm not sure what we can offer but it's definitely something we need to look at, considering our PG defense and the lack thereof.
- Dwade ---> now that Butler is traded, it seems to be Bulls are in rebuilding mode. If the the bulls buyout his contract we could sign another vet min (banana boat idea)
- If we could get LMA & Green for Love and we're sure Melo signs I would do that trade with SA. Gets us another great wing defender
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 36,958
And1: 21,218
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#78 » by jbk1234 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:02 pm

Freighttrain wrote:We should make a list with people the cavs should go after, in order to compete with GSW. I'll start :

- Melo --> perhaps buyout and sign vet min with the cavs
- Tony Allen --> great defender, if we can talk him into getting to the finals and winning a ring, perhaps he would come
- Pat beverly --> Houston is looking for trading options, i'm not sure what we can offer but it's definitely something we need to look at, considering our PG defense and the lack thereof.
- Dwade ---> now that Butler is traded, it seems to be Bulls are in rebuilding mode. If the the bulls buyout his contract we could sign another vet min (banana boat idea)
- If we could get LMA & Green for Love and we're sure Melo signs I would do that trade with SA. Gets us another great wing defender


I'm good with all of these ideas, at that price except for the last one. There's a reason Pop kept pulling LMA, the best healthy scorer he had left, off the floor against GS. He can't defend that GS small ball line up. He got abused.

If we get Melo for the vet minimum, and if Dallas is willing to trade him when he's eligible, the player the Cavs should look to swap for Love is Noel. He's the one guy in the NBA who might be able to play effective perimeter defense against Durant.
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
User avatar
bmurph128
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,415
And1: 3,427
Joined: May 28, 2015
     

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#79 » by bmurph128 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:05 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Freighttrain wrote:We should make a list with people the cavs should go after, in order to compete with GSW. I'll start :

- Melo --> perhaps buyout and sign vet min with the cavs
- Tony Allen --> great defender, if we can talk him into getting to the finals and winning a ring, perhaps he would come
- Pat beverly --> Houston is looking for trading options, i'm not sure what we can offer but it's definitely something we need to look at, considering our PG defense and the lack thereof.
- Dwade ---> now that Butler is traded, it seems to be Bulls are in rebuilding mode. If the the bulls buyout his contract we could sign another vet min (banana boat idea)
- If we could get LMA & Green for Love and we're sure Melo signs I would do that trade with SA. Gets us another great wing defender


I'm good with all of these ideas, at that price except for the last one. There's a reason Pop kept pulling LMA, the best healthy scorer he had left, off the floor against GS. He can't defend that GS small ball line up. He got abused.

If we get Melo for the vet minimum, and if Dallas is willing to trade him when he's eligible, the player the Cavs should look to swap for Love is Noel. He's the one guy in the NBA who might be able to play effective perimeter defense against Durant.



That's actually a really good idea.

I imagine Melo and Wade will come.

What do you guys think we should do about Korver? Just let him walk? Finding a backup PG should be a priority too..
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 36,958
And1: 21,218
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#80 » by jbk1234 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:09 pm

bmurph128 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Freighttrain wrote:We should make a list with people the cavs should go after, in order to compete with GSW. I'll start :

- Melo --> perhaps buyout and sign vet min with the cavs
- Tony Allen --> great defender, if we can talk him into getting to the finals and winning a ring, perhaps he would come
- Pat beverly --> Houston is looking for trading options, i'm not sure what we can offer but it's definitely something we need to look at, considering our PG defense and the lack thereof.
- Dwade ---> now that Butler is traded, it seems to be Bulls are in rebuilding mode. If the the bulls buyout his contract we could sign another vet min (banana boat idea)
- If we could get LMA & Green for Love and we're sure Melo signs I would do that trade with SA. Gets us another great wing defender


I'm good with all of these ideas, at that price except for the last one. There's a reason Pop kept pulling LMA, the best healthy scorer he had left, off the floor against GS. He can't defend that GS small ball line up. He got abused.

If we get Melo for the vet minimum, and if Dallas is willing to trade him when he's eligible, the player the Cavs should look to swap for Love is Noel. He's the one guy in the NBA who might be able to play effective perimeter defense against Durant.



That's actually a really good idea.

I imagine Melo and Wade will come.

What do you guys think we should do about Korver? Just let him walk? Finding a backup PG should be a priority too..


If he's willing to come back for cheap, it's a no brainer to me. Cavs didn't even use Korver well. There were too many times when he was on the floor for +5 minutes without attempting a shot or even touching the ball. For him to be effective even as a decoy, the other team has to think he'll actually get the ball.
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers