Trade Ideas (Part III)

Moderator: ijspeelman

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,088

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#681 » by jbk1234 » Thu Feb 1, 2018 11:39 pm

Based on my review of the interwebs I can report the following: Half the teams in the NBA are getting the Cavs 1st for their role players because we're desperate. The other half are getting the Brooklyn 1st for their role players because we're desperate.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Trailbreaker
Junior
And1: 115

Post#682 » by Trailbreaker » Fri Feb 2, 2018 12:17 am

jbk1234 wrote:Based on my review of the interwebs I can report the following: Half the teams in the NBA are getting the Cavs 1st for their role players because we're desperate. The other half are getting the Brooklyn 1st for their role players because we're desperate.

It’s a circus out there.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#683 » by Stillwater » Fri Feb 2, 2018 4:06 am

Trailbreaker wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Based on my review of the interwebs I can report the following: Half the teams in the NBA are getting the Cavs 1st for their role players because we're desperate. The other half are getting the Brooklyn 1st for their role players because we're desperate.

It’s a circus out there.

The only interest most posters have on these boards mimics that as well.
The Cavs can make trades without giving up those picks for the majority of players coming back in the majority of scenarios that we a re being asked to ship the picks.
If we can't move IT3 expiring I'd be shocked, and it definitely won't cost a 1st.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#684 » by gobullschi » Fri Feb 2, 2018 5:47 am

Twist from a deal on the trade board:

Cleveland Receives:
Kemba Walker
Dwight Howard
Justin Holiday
Jerian Grant

Chicago Receives:
Tristan Thompson
Jae Crowder

Charlotte Receives:
Isaiah Thomas
2018 1st (BKN)
Robin Lopez
Cristiano Felicio
Freighttrain
Analyst
And1: 7,080

Post#685 » by Freighttrain » Fri Feb 2, 2018 11:59 am

gobullschi wrote:Twist from a deal on the trade board:

Cleveland Receives:
Kemba Walker
Dwight Howard
Justin Holiday
Jerian Grant

Chicago Receives:
Tristan Thompson
Jae Crowder

Charlotte Receives:
Isaiah Thomas
2018 1st (BKN)
Robin Lopez
Cristiano Felicio

Cavs should say yes if this were on the table. I'm not sure what Chicago has to gain in that deal tho.
bb22
Starter
And1: 984

Post#686 » by bb22 » Fri Feb 2, 2018 3:32 pm

gobullschi wrote:Twist from a deal on the trade board:

Cleveland Receives:
Kemba Walker
Dwight Howard
Justin Holiday
Jerian Grant

Chicago Receives:
Tristan Thompson
Jae Crowder

Charlotte Receives:
Isaiah Thomas
2018 1st (BKN)
Robin Lopez
Cristiano Felicio

Definite yes, but so Cavs orientated that I don't think this would ever happen in reality.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#687 » by Stillwater » Fri Feb 2, 2018 4:37 pm

Role player swap , Orlando gets Cavs 2021 1st lottery protected for 2 years then become 2 future 2nds.
Cavs have right to swap 1sts 2018 between Nets pick and Orlando pick unless Orlando has the 1 pick. Orlando forfeits their 2nd round pick for Cavs own 1st.
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7011441
JJ_PR
Analyst
And1: 2,776

Post#688 » by JJ_PR » Fri Feb 2, 2018 11:46 pm

Stillwater wrote:Role player swap , Orlando gets Cavs 2021 1st lottery protected for 2 years then become 2 future 2nds.
Cavs have right to swap 1sts 2018 between Nets pick and Orlando pick unless Orlando has the 1 pick. Orlando forfeits their 2nd round pick for Cavs own 1st.

I don't think Orlando would consider that.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#689 » by Stillwater » Sat Feb 3, 2018 1:01 am

JJ_PR wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Role player swap , Orlando gets Cavs 2021 1st lottery protected for 2 years then become 2 future 2nds.

I don't think Orlando would consider that.

They'd do it to get an extra 1st , so yeah unless they are dumb enough to think they can get more than that for those players, they would have to consider it as none of them are in there plans any further except maybe Gordon , but he was just put on the block as well.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#690 » by Stillwater » Sat Feb 3, 2018 1:18 am

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7011951
Nets pick to Raps top 3 protected, they get 2021 1st unprotected if not conveyed this year.
We get 2 young under rated when drafted players that can improve our defense and rebounding.
CaptainCanada
Junior
And1: 259

Post#691 » by CaptainCanada » Sat Feb 3, 2018 4:11 am

Stillwater wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7011951
Nets pick to Raps top 3 protected, they get 2021 1st unprotected if not conveyed this year.
We get 2 young under rated when drafted players that can improve our defense and rebounding.

No way the Raptors give Cleveland two of their brightest prospects....Competing teams rarely trade with each other, I think its much more likely Cav's make deal with Western Conference team like Sacramento, Phoenix, or Dallas.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#692 » by Stillwater » Sat Feb 3, 2018 1:05 pm

CaptainCanada wrote:
Stillwater wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7011951

No way the Raptors give Cleveland two of their brightest prospects....Competing teams rarely trade with each other, I think its much more likely Cav's make deal with Western Conference team like Sacramento, Phoenix, or Dallas.

It's unlikely yes,but they'd be dumb not to consider it given a pick in the 4-10 range of this draft would yeild a player better than the 2 they are giving up. But even if Toronto considers Cavs worth being concerned about this season that shouldn't stop them from making this deal,they are unlikely getting past LeBron anyway despite being very solid in the regular season thus far.
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,724

Post#693 » by DowJones » Sat Feb 3, 2018 2:04 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:Hi Cavs fans, I'm not here to troll or break any rules. Our teams play soon, so I came over to talk about some things.

I have a question...... do you wish the Cavs would have kept Kyrie and traded Lebron instead?

When the Kyrie trade went down, I was shocked. Kyrie is going to be a Hall of Famer. An all time great.. He's really good and has made tremendous strides..... and he's YOUNGER than lebron! Kyrie is only 25 and about to enter his NBA PRIME. And he was loyal in 2014 and re-signed to a long contract when the team sucked!

Why on earth would you guys want to keep an old Lebron, who continues to sign short contracts....??? He already tainted himself as a mercenary by leaving you guys in 2010 anyway. 33 years old!

meanwhile...Kyrie was a Cavalier die hard since he was drafted. He re-signed with you guys on a long term deal before Lebron went back to Cle.

Any fans here feel the same way? No disrespect or trolling, I'm trying to have a discussion here on the trades that went down

I think Kyrie was here for 2 years no matter what we did. I think he would have opted-out in the summer of 2019 and gone to New York or LA. I think the franchise did the best they could given the hand they were dealt. I don't think he sticks with Boston for the rest of his career either.
Dellyhas2gfs
Sophomore
And1: 49

Post#694 » by Dellyhas2gfs » Sun Feb 4, 2018 8:12 am

You need to quit acting like a trade is going to make you competitive this year

Cavs get
Leonard
Tony Parker
Anderson
Forbes
Bertens

Spurs get
Lebron extend-and-trade
IT
Wade

Lebron gets to compete this year and more money than he would in free agency and play for Pop. Cavs shut down Love and Leonard, get two top 10 picks and actually rebuild quickly
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,088

Post#695 » by jbk1234 » Sun Feb 4, 2018 8:42 am

Dellyhas2gfs wrote:You need to quit acting like a trade is going to make you competitive this year

Cavs get
Leonard
Tony Parker
Anderson
Forbes
Bertens

Spurs get
Lebron extend-and-trade
IT
Wade

Lebron gets to compete this year and more money than he would in free agency and play for Pop. Cavs shut down Love and Leonard, get two top 10 picks and actually rebuild quickly

LOL. Spurs aren't trading Leonard, and if they did, they'd be idiots to trade for IT as well who LBJ clearly can't stand playing with.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#696 » by Stillwater » Sun Feb 4, 2018 1:30 pm

I would not be surprised if Altman makes the mistake of trading the pick for somebody who doesn't help us enough this season and then the **** pick will become Ayton or Doncic and LeBron in disgust will retire and take up swimming pool design
Trailbreaker
Junior
And1: 115

Post#697 » by Trailbreaker » Mon Feb 5, 2018 4:08 am

Would getting someone like Bazemore help us a lot?
chris4celts
Junior
And1: 313

Post#698 » by chris4celts » Mon Feb 5, 2018 11:37 am

Marcus Smart for Cavs 1st.

Defense is your problem? Here you go. Lock down defender who guards anyone. His hustle is also infectious.
Sherlock
General Manager
And1: 12,706

Post#699 » by Sherlock » Mon Feb 5, 2018 4:24 pm

Is there any circumstance under which the Cavs would be willing to trade Kevin Love for win-now replacement parts?

E.g., send injured Love and Shumpert (salary dump) to Toronto for Ibaka and CJ Miles?

Ibaka gives you a legit stretch 5 in the middle who can block shots on D, but is perfectly happy hanging out at the 3-point line on O waiting for kick-outs from LeBron. CJ brings you nothing on D, but is a great shooter who can get his shot off quickly. Raps would also throw in Bebe Nogueira so you have an additional mobile backup big (since you're so light in the middle right now)

Cleveland out: Love, Shumpert
Cleveland in: Ibaka, Miles, Nogueira

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7014247
Interviewer: Championship #2?
Ujiri: Hey...We're gonna get it. I don't know when it'll be, but we're gonna get it. Just like I said we'll get the first one and I said I didn't know when we'd get it...But we will. Guarantee you we will.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#700 » by Stillwater » Mon Feb 5, 2018 5:04 pm

Sherlock wrote:Is there any circumstance under which the Cavs would be willing to trade Kevin Love for win-now replacement parts?

E.g., send injured Love and Shumpert (salary dump) to Toronto for Ibaka and CJ Miles?

Ibaka gives you a legit stretch 5 in the middle who can block shots on D, but is perfectly happy hanging out at the 3-point line on O waiting for kick-outs from LeBron. CJ brings you nothing on D, but is a great shooter who can get his shot off quickly. Raps would also throw in Bebe Nogueira so you have an additional mobile backup big (since you're so light in the middle right now)

Cleveland out: Love, Shumpert
Cleveland in: Ibaka, Miles, Nogueira

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7014247

Don't see the point really. Love isn't out for the entire season. Find a way to put 1 of OG or Siakam in the return and it's more appealing for CLE

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers