ImageImageImage

Trade Ideas (Part III)

Moderator: ijspeelman

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#961 » by Stillwater » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:37 am

DusterBuster wrote:A Wolves fan came to the Blazers board asking if Portland would be interested in the #10 pick for Simons. What would the Cavs think about a 3 team deal where the Cavs get a big expiring contract, a young player and that #10 pick for Love? Something like this...

Turner, Saric and the #10 pick to Cleveland.
Simons to Minnesota.
Love to Portland.

the same trade idea was just posted on here … don't see Cavs seeing enough value in that pick to pull the trigger, nor do I think they actually intend to shop Love this summer.
I mean I think they would be more interested in Simons themselves as part of the return if Love was traded there.
I think they might consider something like this : https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7190852
if Portland was willing to move those 2 young players /Cavs would send Love for Simons,Collins,Turner and the Blazers 2019 pick at 25.
But, again I don't think Love is available
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,935

Post#962 » by DusterBuster » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:58 am

Stillwater wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:A Wolves fan came to the Blazers board asking if Portland would be interested in the #10 pick for Simons. What would the Cavs think about a 3 team deal where the Cavs get a big expiring contract, a young player and that #10 pick for Love? Something like this...

Simons to Minnesota.
Love to Portland.

the same trade idea was just posted on here … don't see Cavs seeing enough value in that pick to pull the trigger, nor do I think they actually intend to shop Love this summer.
I mean I think they would be more interested in Simons themselves as part of the return if Love was traded there.
I think they might consider something like this : https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7190852
if Portland was willing to move those 2 young players /Cavs would send Love for Simons,Collins,Turner and the Blazers 2019 pick at 25.

I would have assumed the Cavs would have wanted the pick, but fair enough, I don't think Portland would have much of a problem cutting out Cleveland and just sending Simons straight to Cleveland. That said, I think two of the Blazers young guys and a pick may be too rich for their blood. One of Simons or Collins, but probably not both. It's not that I'm particularly high on Collins, but I think Portland will need C depth going into next season with Nurk still healing from his leg fracture.

What's the story with Love and the Cavs. Why would they be reluctant to move him? I get he's said he wants to stay there and all, but I don't really see how he fits their plans in any way shape or form and he's not a big enough name anymore to put butts in seats.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,009

Post#963 » by mg » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:39 am

I think the Cavs could potentially move Love. With that said the organization really likes him. He's been a good soldier and been great in the lockerroom. He's still very productive and they actually looked like a real team when he played. Sexton really improved playing next to him. His contract runs 4 more years but they structured it so it's basically flat with no raises and actually decreases in year 4. I don't think they will actively shop him but I'm sure they would listen if another team called with a fair offer.
For a rebuilding team like the Cavs I would think the #10 pick, Saric + filler is a decent offer worthy of consideration. I'm a fan of Love and prefer to keep him but the reality is he should probably be on a playoff team and the Cavs are just at the beginning of their rebuild.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#964 » by Stillwater » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:16 am

DusterBuster wrote:
Stillwater wrote:

Simons to Minnesota.
Love to Portland.

I would have assumed the Cavs would have wanted the pick, but fair enough, I don't think Portland would have much of a problem cutting out Cleveland and just sending Simons straight to Cleveland. That said, I think two of the Blazers young guys and a pick may be too rich for their blood. One of Simons or Collins, but probably not both. It's not that I'm particularly high on Collins, but I think Portland will need C depth going into next season with Nurk still healing from his leg fracture.

What's the story with Love and the Cavs. Why would they be reluctant to move him? I get he's said he wants to stay there and all, but I don't really see how he fits their plans in any way shape or form and he's not a big enough name anymore to put butts in seats.

Yeah if both young players were not included Cavs just keep Love.
He brings more to the win now Blazer's than the 2 young players would etc.
I think the bot line is CLE is content with retooling another season even though this year was lost when love got hurt and TT got hurt etc so they went full tank. I don't know if another year of full tank is even possible with a healthy love plus Zion or Morant , so it wouldn't surprise me if they grab as many draft assets as they can eating bad deals but without moving Love or tanking again going forward.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,983

Post#965 » by jbk1234 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:57 pm

Simons to Minnesota.
Love to Portland.
I'm not high on Saric at all. I'd need a prospect I at least though had potential to pull the trigger.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#966 » by Stillwater » Wed May 15, 2019 6:54 pm

SO

this is a major shift and unlikely the direction they try to go but lets say they go full fast forward rebuild...and Memphis wants Love to pair with JJJ.Isn't higher on Ja,Barrett etc over Garland as Conley's eventual replacement that shoots so well can play off ball as they fight for the playoffs which is always their goal over tanking.
In this post lottery Mock I have the Cavs trading up to 2 and stealing Morant but moving on from KLove & eating a year of Parsons. Memphis gets Love Osman the 5th ,Cavs 2021 unprotected and Memphis also gets Cavs 26th from Houston.
Cavs trade Smith to BKN for Crabbe,27th and 31st.
Cavs get Morant,Okeke and at 31 Schofield or King or maybe a big like Gafford or Claxton.
No Love means top 10 lock in 2020 Cavs tank again pretty easily.
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/draft_simulator/view/586468/
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7195170
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7195178

Also I threw in ATL as a sleeper to get Davis to pair with Young giving up both their lottery picks a future 1st Collins Prince and 1 yr of Bazemore.
I know crazy right
I do think Memphis is a trade down candidate even if most think they are Ja or bust.
substancej
Junior
And1: 490

Post#967 » by substancej » Wed May 15, 2019 9:20 pm

Stillwater wrote:SO

this is a major shift and unlikely the direction they try to go but lets say they go full fast forward rebuild...and Memphis wants Love to pair with JJJ.Isn't higher on Ja,Barrett etc over Garland as Conley's eventual replacement that shoots so well can play off ball as they fight for the playoffs which is always their goal over tanking.
In this post lottery Mock I have the Cavs trading up to 2 and stealing Morant but moving on from KLove & eating a year of Parsons. Memphis gets Love Osman the 5th ,Cavs 2021 unprotected and Memphis also gets Cavs 26th from Houston.
Cavs get Morant,Okeke and at 31 Schofield or King or maybe a big like Gafford or Claxton.

Also I threw in ATL as a sleeper to get Davis to pair with Young giving up both their lottery picks a future 1st Collins Prince and 1 yr of Bazemore.
I know crazy right
I do think Memphis is a trade down candidate even if most think they are Ja or bust.

I feel like if the Cavs are going to trade up to 2, they're going to just take Barrett.
Kevin Love finna get traded
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#968 » by Stillwater » Wed May 15, 2019 10:01 pm

substancej wrote:

I know crazy right

I feel like if the Cavs are going to trade up to 2, they're going to just take Barrett.

Maybe but I think Ja is the better fit in Beileins offense unless they see Barrett significantly improving his outside shot.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#969 » by Stillwater » Sun May 19, 2019 5:33 pm

SO with Miami wanting Conley, maybe the Cavs can swing a deal with Miami & Memphis.
Cavs take on 1 yr of Whiteside ( he has to opt in to his PO before the draft,which he should if he wants out of there for trade purposes as expected)
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7197239
Cavs send Love,Cedi and Zizic to Memphis along with the 5th pick
Cavs get #2 pick and the #13 pick from Miami & 1 yr of Whiteside.
Memphis sends Conley to Miami and the #2 pick to CLE
Memphis gets KLove,#5,Cedi and Zizic
Miami sends Whiteside and #13 to CLE
Miami gets Conley.
--
Unlikely I am sure, If Memphis is in Love with JA but not incredibly unrealistic for values sake if they still really like White or Garland
who they were pining for at 8 and scouted more heavily.
Cavs getting JA or Barrett and then picking up another rook at 13 by moving on from Love might seem weak at first, but given his contract and injury history they would have to pull the trigger if the offer existed.
I also see them moving Smith to BKN for Crabbe(1yr) 27th and 31st.
Thats 4 1st rounders and the first pick of the 2nd.
JA
Washington
Claxton
Bradzekis
Oni
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#970 » by gflem » Sun May 19, 2019 11:57 pm

Stillwater wrote:SO with Miami wanting Conley, maybe the Cavs can swing a deal with Miami & Memphis.
Cavs take on 1 yr of Whiteside ( he has to opt in to his PO before the draft,which he should if he wants out of there for trade purposes as expected)
Miami gets Conley.
--
Unlikely I am sure, If Memphis is in Love with JA but not incredibly unrealistic for values sake if they still really like White or Garland
Cavs getting JA or Barrett and then picking up another rook at 13 by moving on from Love might seem weak at first, but given his contract and injury history they would have to pull the trigger if the offer existed.
JA
Washington
Claxton
Bradzekis
Oni

I would be ok with the trades, not sure the Cavs would. As for the players we would pick we differ, but idea of a total rebuild like this is what I am hoping for. Allow our big contracts to expire after the coming season, or move them at the deadlline for more assets and keep our pick next year that Atl currently.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#971 » by Stillwater » Mon May 20, 2019 12:09 am

gflem wrote:
Stillwater wrote:SO with Miami wanting Conley, maybe the Cavs can swing a deal with Miami & Memphis.
Miami gets Conley.
--
JA
Washington
Claxton
Bradzekis
Oni

I would be ok with the trades, not sure the Cavs would. As for the players we would pick we differ, but idea of a total rebuild like this is what I am hoping for. Allow our big contracts to expire after the coming season, or move them at the deadlline for more assets and keep our pick next year that Atl currently.

Yeah it's 90% unlikely but still there is a chance. Those prospects are just example of value at each spot.
I would take Ja at 2, hope 1 of Sekou or Porter falls to 13(doubtful) and likely be looking at 1 of Bol,Goga or Washington.

at 26,27,31 it's too subjective to who falls, but I would love to pick up 3 of Claxton,Okeke,Okpala,Gafford,Nowell, King,Dotson,Schofield etc all of whom should be in that range unless overpicked.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#972 » by jbk1234 » Tue May 21, 2019 6:20 pm

I know crazy right

If we're trading for Ja, Sexton needs to be going out as part of the compensation. There's also no way I'm attaching an unprotected 1st. That's not happening. Watch what inevitably happens to Portland in the postseason every single postseason. Eventually someone in your starting back court needs to be able to defend a bit.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#973 » by Stillwater » Tue May 21, 2019 7:04 pm

jbk1234 wrote:

I know crazy right

If we're trading for Ja, Sexton needs to be going out as part of the compensation. There's also no way I'm attaching an unprotected 1st. That's not happening. Watch what inevitably happens to Portland in the postseason every single postseason. Eventually someone in your starting back court needs to be able to defend a bit.
well if they want to see how a sexton morant backcourt works they have a season to do so, the worst case is a high level player off the bench and drafting a 6'7" sg in the top 10 next summer.
either way moving sexton instead of a 2021 unprotected first probably doesn't hold enough value for memphis at this stage in his development imo to pass on ja. But if the pairing worked for Cleveland its worth it because the 2021 wouldnt be very good anyway.
i think the cavs are 99% likely to remain at 5 or trade down to 8/10 the latter i give about a 25% chance of happening.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#974 » by jbk1234 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:09 pm

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

I know crazy right

well if they want to see how a sexton morant backcourt works they have a season to do so, the worst case is a high level player off the bench and drafting a 6'7" sg in the top 10 next summer.
either way moving sexton instead of a 2021 unprotected first probably doesn't hold enough value for memphis at this stage in his development imo to pass on ja. But if the pairing worked for Cleveland its worth it because the 2021 wouldnt be very good anyway.
i think the cavs are 99% likely to remain at 5 or trade down to 8/10 the latter i give about a 25% chance of happening.

Actually, the worst case scenario would be that a Morant and Sexton back court doesn't work at all because they both need the ball to be effective, Sexton's trade value plummets because the experiment is a disaster, Ja gets hurt the following season, and we're all watching someone select a franchise player with our pick in 2021.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#975 » by Stillwater » Tue May 21, 2019 8:44 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Actually, the worst case scenario would be that a Morant and Sexton back court doesn't work at all because they both need the ball to be effective, Sexton's trade value plummets because the experiment is a disaster, Ja gets hurt the following season, and we're all watching someone select a franchise player with our pick in 2021.

Yeah that would be :nonono:
I don't think this front office looks beyond adding "basketball players" tbh . they will not worry about fit as much as potential of the individual imo.
But logic would suggest they will not trade for Ja or even RJ for that matter (as both want the ball to make plays as initiators) ,if they plan on leaving the ball in Sextons hands. The only reasoning for targeting either of them is to play Sexton more off ball than on like he did quite a bit down the stretch and played so well.
I'm guessing a lot of these rumors are trash and their real targets are different esp given those 2 project to be gone anyway, but if they really don't care about issues with fit and think Sexton and whomever they get is versatile enough it won't be a factor in the decision process.
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#976 » by Revenged25 » Wed May 22, 2019 4:02 pm

Here is a trade to pair our new coach with one of his former players, and another just for cap savings and potential.

Trade #1:
Cleveland:
Tim Hardaway Jr
2022 2nd Round pick

Dallas:
Tristan Thompson

We clear some of the clog from our front court for a SG that knows and works in Beilein's system. For taking on the expected 2nd year of THJ's contract as it's doubtful he declines his option, we get 2 2nds. This still allows us to just cut JR to stay under the cap if we want to go that route.

Sexton/Clarkson/Delly
THJ/Knight
Osman
Love/Henson
Nance/Zizic

Trade #2:
Cleveland:
Matthew Delladova

Chicago:
Kris Dunn
2020 Protected 1st (top 5, top 5, unprotected)

Chicago apparently really like Garland but will need to worry about Phoenix drafting them right in front of them. To prevent this they take on about 5 mil in extra salary of Delly's over Dunn while giving up a lightly protected future 1st round pick.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#977 » by Stillwater » Wed May 22, 2019 5:22 pm

Revenged25 wrote:Here is a trade to pair our new coach with one of his former players, and another just for cap savings and potential.

Trade #1:
Cleveland:
Tim Hardaway Jr
2022 2nd Round pick

Dallas:
Tristan Thompson

We clear some of the clog from our front court for a SG that knows and works in Beilein's system. For taking on the expected 2nd year of THJ's contract as it's doubtful he declines his option, we get 2 2nds. This still allows us to just cut JR to stay under the cap if we want to go that route.

Sexton/Clarkson/Delly
THJ/Knight
Osman
Love/Henson
Nance/Zizic

Trade #2:
Cleveland:
Matthew Delladova

Chicago:
Kris Dunn

Chicago apparently really like Garland but will need to worry about Phoenix drafting them right in front of them. To prevent this they take on about 5 mil in extra salary of Delly's over Dunn while giving up a lightly protected future 1st round pick.

i would not be a fan at all of trade 1 dont like thj
on this roster beilein or no beilein esp not when it forces them to waive smith and add salary in 2020.
the 2nd one is more reasonable, but the future pick with the volatility of the new draft odds from chi would have to be unprotected to drop 2 picks
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#978 » by Revenged25 » Wed May 22, 2019 5:38 pm

Stillwater wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:Here is a trade to pair our new coach with one of his former players, and another just for cap savings and potential.

Trade #1:
Cleveland:
Tim Hardaway Jr
2022 2nd Round pick

Dallas:
Tristan Thompson

Sexton/Clarkson/Delly
THJ/Knight
Osman
Love/Henson
Nance/Zizic

Trade #2:
Cleveland:
Matthew Delladova

Chicago:
Kris Dunn

on this roster beilein or no beilein esp not when it forces them to waive smith and add salary in 2020.
the 2nd one is more reasonable, but the future pick with the volatility of the new draft odds from chi would have to be unprotected to drop 2 picks

fiar though i disagree on THJs fit for us. I would've probably preferred the right to swap picks in 2020 top 3 protected but wasn't sure if that was too much as I think with the draft pick and THJ, if everyone is healthy the Cavs would be looking at the 8th seed though Dallas would still be struggling in the West for the playoffs. Also I think unprotected for the Chicago trade immediately might be too much, which is why I did top 5 for 2 years before unprotected.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#979 » by Stillwater » Wed May 22, 2019 6:31 pm

Revenged25 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:

Trade #1:
Cleveland:
Tim Hardaway Jr
2022 2nd Round pick

Dallas:
Tristan Thompson

Sexton/Clarkson/Delly
THJ/Knight
Osman
Love/Henson
Nance/Zizic

Trade #2:
Cleveland:
Matthew Delladova

Chicago:
Kris Dunn

fiar though i disagree on THJs fit for us. I would've probably preferred the right to swap picks in 2020 top 3 protected but wasn't sure if that was too much as I think with the draft pick and THJ, if everyone is healthy the Cavs would be looking at the 8th seed though Dallas would still be struggling in the West for the playoffs. Also I think unprotected for the Chicago trade immediately might be too much, which is why I did top 5 for 2 years before unprotected.

imo Smith will be traded not waived , his contract is too valuable for teams that want immediate cap space before July 1st dumping a contract or 2 for us to not move him.

I do not think it's at all out of the question for BKN to be players whether its 17/ 26 swap + 31 (which their realgm fanbase thinks is to rich)
or 27 & 31 no 17 or 26 moved , as Eating 1 yr of Crabbe is not bad to get a late first and early 2nd esp if those picks are flipped to move up in the first as well. BKN gets themselves right into position for covering a max and more by moving Crabbe and waiving Smith on draft night.
I think Portland is already calling trying to dump bad contracts but all they have is 25 and would have to include a young player like Simons for the Cavs to take their offer over others.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#980 » by jbk1234 » Wed May 22, 2019 10:27 pm

Revenged25 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:

Trade #1:
Cleveland:
Tim Hardaway Jr
2022 2nd Round pick

Dallas:
Tristan Thompson

Sexton/Clarkson/Delly
THJ/Knight
Osman
Love/Henson
Nance/Zizic

Trade #2:
Cleveland:
Matthew Delladova

Chicago:
Kris Dunn

We have Sexton, Clarkson, and Knight already on the roster. I'm not adding a fourth one-way chucker, especially another guard. The ball stops moving. Guys stop passing because they know they'll never get it back. The defense goes straight disaster pants. We need fewer of these players on the roster, not more. The Knicks shopped THjr hard for a long time before dumping him in the Zinger trade. They found no takers.

Plus, TT is a decent trade piece just as an expiring contract. If you're taking back a longer contract or more money, this is really bad value. Add to that the fact he'd fit perfectly in Dallas next to Zinger, and the Mavericks should putting a good first on the table.

I'm skeptical that the Bulls would swap Dunn for Delly and add a future first that was that lightly protected. If they would, great.
cbosh4mvp wrote:

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers