Suggestions for the Cavs forum

Moderator: ijspeelman

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,121

Suggestions for the Cavs forum 

Post#1 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:26 pm

First off, I'd like to thank Rise for his time & effort spent moderating the forum.

I'd also like to hear any suggestions from my fellow Cavs fans regarding the forum.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
bmurph128
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,625

Re: Suggestions for the Cavs forum 

Post#2 » by bmurph128 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:45 pm

Would be nice to get the Cavs fans from the general board to frequent this forum as well, but I have no idea how to make that happen.

Will Rise not be a mod anymore?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:52 pm

bmurph128 wrote:Would be nice to get the Cavs fans from the general board to frequent this forum as well, but I have no idea how to make that happen.

I'll DM Rise & inquire. I have some thoughts about increasing traffic but I'm going to wait a couple days until the current chaos with Gilbert, Love, PG, Butler, et. al. all sorts itself out.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
bmurph128
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,625

Post#4 » by bmurph128 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:52 pm

There's a couple of core Cavs posters on realgm...maybe we can sticky an introduction thread and get to know people a little better?
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,379

Post#5 » by JonFromVA » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:15 pm

bmurph128 wrote:Would be nice to get the Cavs fans from the general board to frequent this forum as well, but I have no idea how to make that happen.

There are far more active Cavaliers boards out there. What RealGM does well is bring all the fan bases together, and that's why you'll see more Cavs fans in the General Forum.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,412

Post#6 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:43 am

jbk1234 wrote:

I'll DM Rise & inquire. I have some thoughts about increasing traffic but I'm going to wait a couple days until the current chaos with Gilbert, Love, PG, Butler, et. al. all sorts itself out.

It can be tough to get it going. I've worked a bit on building forums. #1, start new interesting threads. Also, you can create player threads and post news you see related to those players (I usually find on twitter)...then once you have enough interesting or active new threads created, PM those you see posting on the General Board or elsewhere asking them to chime in here. There are a lot of other ideas I've used, but for starters you need threads, preferably not all started by the same person. I can start some if you'd like...if I think of good ones.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by jbk1234 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:50 am

bwgood77 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

It can be tough to get it going. I've worked a bit on building forums. #1, start new interesting threads. Also, you can create player threads and post news you see related to those players (I usually find on twitter)...then once you have enough interesting or active new threads created, PM those you see posting on the General Board or elsewhere asking them to chime in here. There are a lot of other ideas I've used, but for starters you need threads, preferably not all started by the same person. I can start some if you'd like...if I think of good ones.

Thanks.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,977

Post#8 » by PerkinsFor3 » Sun Jul 2, 2017 12:11 pm

http://cavfanatic.com/forums/ seems to be closed for a while. why not try and get their users to come here? check userlists, social media etc and follow/mail them (depending on what info is available on that forum).
kiwibrindle
Starter
And1: 80

Post#9 » by kiwibrindle » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:03 pm

Guys glad to see the thread. I think the timing is great since in a short time we have gone from the Champion to a downward trending team that did not promote its GM because of arrogance of the owner. I hope for a great future but as only is possible in Cleveland expect worse things to come.

Best subject for the new forum suggestion: while there is still time persuade D. Gilbert to re-hire and promote Griff ASAP with a public apology.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#10 » by Stillwater » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:08 pm

kiwibrindle wrote:Guys glad to see the thread. I think the timing is great since in a short time we have gone from the Champion to a downward trending team that did not promote its GM because of arrogance of the owner. I hope for a great future but as only is possible in Cleveland expect worse things to come.

Best subject for the new forum suggestion: while there is still time persuade D. Gilbert to re-hire and promote Griff ASAP with a public apology.

I too was disappointed in the failure to retain Griff, but he was leaving regardless of if Dan wanted to pay him.
The guy wanted to break up the core because he built the team in part and took responsibility for Cav's failures this season. The org and players felt differently, despite their admiration and support for him going forward.
When you make it to the finals 3 years in a row, their is not much "wrong" with your roster.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Trailbreaker
Junior
And1: 115

Post#11 » by Trailbreaker » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:28 pm

If you guys don't mind I could post more often here. I'm originally from Orlando but moved to Cleveland and went to three games at the Q last season.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by jbk1234 » Tue Aug 1, 2017 7:17 pm

Trailbreaker wrote:If you guys don't mind I could post more often here. I'm originally from Orlando but moved to Cleveland and went to three games at the Q last season.

Please do.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,977

Post#13 » by PerkinsFor3 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:28 pm

You could also post some indepth content on the forum and link to it on cavs reddit and such.

Create twitter account for each team forum, interact with team fans, answer questions, follow fans, like their tweets etc

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers