ImageImageImage

Around the NBA

Moderator: jbk1234

User avatar
gflem
Veteran
Posts: 2,877
And1: 212
Joined: Sep 11, 2004

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#161 » by gflem » Thu Dec 3, 2020 11:23 pm

Harper4Ferry? wrote:so today, surely I wasn't the only one sending a profanity laced text to a friend about LeBron actually committing to his team by signing an extension. It was just me, right?

Lebron is getting old. He can't keep carpet bagging and expect to keep winning rings.
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 13,808
And1: 3,446
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#162 » by Stillwater » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:24 pm

Giannis locked up means that Bucks pick aint worth much now
Read on Twitter
There are no valid legal arguments that people have any right to not wear masks in public at this point. Being asymptomatic or unaware if you are positive, does not make you exempt from any obligations to ensure society is free from your germs.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 39,839
And1: 23,054
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#163 » by jbk1234 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:28 pm

Stillwater wrote:Giannis locked up means that Bucks pick aint worth much now
Read on Twitter
It's still the double draft year and I don't think the Cavs have a second round pick that year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 13,808
And1: 3,446
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#164 » by Stillwater » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:40 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Giannis locked up means that Bucks pick aint worth much now
Read on Twitter
It's still the double draft year and I don't think the Cavs have a second round pick that year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app

true true but it would have been a whole lot better pick had he left
they have 3 2nds in 22 Hou which might be in the 30s, Washington & SAS 40s likely
There are no valid legal arguments that people have any right to not wear masks in public at this point. Being asymptomatic or unaware if you are positive, does not make you exempt from any obligations to ensure society is free from your germs.
JonFromVA
Head Coach
Posts: 6,573
And1: 2,067
Joined: Dec 08, 2009
     

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#165 » by JonFromVA » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:01 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Giannis locked up means that Bucks pick aint worth much now
Read on Twitter
It's still the double draft year and I don't think the Cavs have a second round pick that year.


Injuries and melt-downs are always a possibility in the NBA.
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 13,808
And1: 3,446
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#166 » by Stillwater » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:42 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Giannis locked up means that Bucks pick aint worth much now
Read on Twitter
It's still the double draft year and I don't think the Cavs have a second round pick that year.


Injuries and melt-downs are always a possibility in the NBA.

yeah and The Coronavirus Is Mutating
There are no valid legal arguments that people have any right to not wear masks in public at this point. Being asymptomatic or unaware if you are positive, does not make you exempt from any obligations to ensure society is free from your germs.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 39,839
And1: 23,054
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#167 » by jbk1234 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:14 pm

Apparently, Foxsports OH will be available as a standalone streaming channel in January.

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2020/12/fox-sports-ohio-sportstime-ohio-will-be-available-as-standalone-streaming-services-in-2021-following-ballys-rebrand.html

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 13,808
And1: 3,446
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#168 » by Stillwater » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:31 pm

Dzanan Musa was waived by Det after being dumped there in a trade with Nets.
He is a really good sized sf and on ball player who can create some and knows how to
play in a system based on heavy movement so I think if that is the ultimate goal this season
as it appears to be he could be a decent rotation player on this roster from day 1.
instead of him being a nobody on a iso dominant roster like the Nets he could make some noise here
and I think they should take a flier on him immediately.
https://www.nba.com/pistons/news/detroit-pistons-waive-dzanan-musa
this is pre draft video I found and I think he was misused in BKN
There are no valid legal arguments that people have any right to not wear masks in public at this point. Being asymptomatic or unaware if you are positive, does not make you exempt from any obligations to ensure society is free from your germs.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 39,839
And1: 23,054
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#169 » by jbk1234 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:15 am

Stillwater wrote:Dzanan Musa was waived by Det after being dumped there in a trade with Nets.
He is a really good sized sf and on ball player who can create some and knows how to
play in a system based on heavy movement so I think if that is the ultimate goal this season
as it appears to be he could be a decent rotation player on this roster from day 1.
instead of him being a nobody on a iso dominant roster like the Nets he could make some noise here
and I think they should take a flier on him immediately.
https://www.nba.com/pistons/news/detroit-pistons-waive-dzanan-musa
this is pre draft video I found and I think he was misused in BKN
Dude isn't coming here to fight for minutes with Nance, Okoro, Cedi and Windler. A team like the Thunder can offer him a lot more playing time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 13,808
And1: 3,446
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#170 » by Stillwater » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:17 am

^ idk i mean that open competition preached by this org was the reason i would think he would be interested its not like the competition is going to be determined and end i think its pretty obvious they will employ the earn it or sit down until you do approach .
If he had no interest given the chance to compete for minutes I wouldn't want him anyway.
There are no valid legal arguments that people have any right to not wear masks in public at this point. Being asymptomatic or unaware if you are positive, does not make you exempt from any obligations to ensure society is free from your germs.
tleikheen
Starter
Posts: 2,374
And1: 497
Joined: Feb 07, 2010

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#171 » by tleikheen » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:25 am

Musa has good potential for the right team ....... I hate the cavs being a last place team and likely to be buried at the bottom again acting like their roster is set and the minutes allocated already . When your a bottom feeder ,no jobs should be safe .
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 39,839
And1: 23,054
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#172 » by jbk1234 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:18 pm

tleikheen wrote:Musa has good potential for the right team ....... I hate the cavs being a last place team and likely to be buried at the bottom again acting like their roster is set and the minutes allocated already . When your a bottom feeder ,no jobs should be safe .


I don't think much is set with the Cavs roster. That said, Windler didn't play last year because he was held out with shin splints and the Cavs drafted Okoro who looked pretty good in preseason. Cedi was the only starter with a positive RDPM and shot 38% from 3 point range last season. If you're Musa, and you're looking for a landing spot, it's probably not with a team that already has two or three viable options at SF all of whom are younger than 26.
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 13,808
And1: 3,446
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#173 » by Stillwater » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:20 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
tleikheen wrote:Musa has good potential for the right team ....... I hate the cavs being a last place team and likely to be buried at the bottom again acting like their roster is set and the minutes allocated already . When your a bottom feeder ,no jobs should be safe .


I don't think much is set with the Cavs roster. That said, Windler didn't play last year because he was held out with shin splints and the Cavs drafted Okoro who looked pretty good in preseason. Cedi was the only starter with a positive RDPM and shot 38% from 3 point range last season. If you're Musa, and you're looking for a landing spot, it's probably not with a team that already has two or three viable options at SF all of whom are younger than 26.

I agree with that logic to some extent if Musa wasnt such a versatile 2/3 scorer with size to defend 2-4 and hes an underrated playmaker sort of like Cedi. I get your point that maybe he would rather have an easier path to minutes...
Its unlikely they go after him for those reasons but I think he is one of those players you try to get regardless
There are no valid legal arguments that people have any right to not wear masks in public at this point. Being asymptomatic or unaware if you are positive, does not make you exempt from any obligations to ensure society is free from your germs.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 39,839
And1: 23,054
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#174 » by jbk1234 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:21 pm

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
tleikheen wrote:Musa has good potential for the right team ....... I hate the cavs being a last place team and likely to be buried at the bottom again acting like their roster is set and the minutes allocated already . When your a bottom feeder ,no jobs should be safe .


I don't think much is set with the Cavs roster. That said, Windler didn't play last year because he was held out with shin splints and the Cavs drafted Okoro who looked pretty good in preseason. Cedi was the only starter with a positive RDPM and shot 38% from 3 point range last season. If you're Musa, and you're looking for a landing spot, it's probably not with a team that already has two or three viable options at SF all of whom are younger than 26.

I agree with that logic to some extent if Musa wasnt such a versatile 2/3 scorer with size to defend 2-4 and hes an underrated playmaker sort of like Cedi. I get your point that maybe he would rather have an easier path to minutes...
Its unlikely they go after him for those reasons but I think he is one of those players you try to get regardless


Musa was just traded to, and immediately cut by, the Pistons who aren't exactly stocked with young talent. Maybe the teams who are passing on him are going to regret it, but there's a good deal of rose colored glasses syndrome when it comes to young guys who are available on the waiver wire. Nine times out of ten, they're available for a reason and the team letting that player go are doing so in favor of whoever the 15th player on their roster is. For every Danny Green, there's a100 guys that are career G League players.
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 13,808
And1: 3,446
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#175 » by Stillwater » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:40 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
I don't think much is set with the Cavs roster. That said, Windler didn't play last year because he was held out with shin splints and the Cavs drafted Okoro who looked pretty good in preseason. Cedi was the only starter with a positive RDPM and shot 38% from 3 point range last season. If you're Musa, and you're looking for a landing spot, it's probably not with a team that already has two or three viable options at SF all of whom are younger than 26.

I agree with that logic to some extent if Musa wasnt such a versatile 2/3 scorer with size to defend 2-4 and hes an underrated playmaker sort of like Cedi. I get your point that maybe he would rather have an easier path to minutes...
Its unlikely they go after him for those reasons but I think he is one of those players you try to get regardless


Musa was just traded to, and immediately cut by, the Pistons who aren't exactly stocked with young talent. Maybe the teams who are passing on him are going to regret it, but there's a good deal of rose colored glasses syndrome when it comes to young guys who are available on the waiver wire. Nine times out of ten, they're available for a reason and the team letting that player go are doing so in favor of whoever the 15th player on their roster is. For every Danny Green, there's a100 guys that are career G League players.

absolutely I just know BKN moved him to get the defensive minded Brown and they had no room for another scorer and Det clearly never wanted him anyway after drafting Bey bringing over Syrvidis and taking a chance on Josh Jackson all in one offseason.
It might not ever be a danny green level screw up who was a lot more well rounded player when the Cavs let him go than Musa is now... but I think unless he still has trouble staying engaged with a chance to make the rotation as opposed when he never did in BKN he will definitely make them regret moving him this soon.
There are no valid legal arguments that people have any right to not wear masks in public at this point. Being asymptomatic or unaware if you are positive, does not make you exempt from any obligations to ensure society is free from your germs.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 39,839
And1: 23,054
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#176 » by jbk1234 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:31 pm

Wiseman looks legit. I think GS may actually get someone to eat Wiggins' deal if they're willing to part with him.

Also, I think that Jrue trade is going to haunt the Bucks. They just don't have enough shooters to justify spending that much to acquire a guy who can't shoot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 13,808
And1: 3,446
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#177 » by Stillwater » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:46 pm

jbk1234 wrote:Wiseman looks legit. I think GS may actually get someone to eat Wiggins' deal if they're willing to part with him.

Also, I think that Jrue trade is going to haunt the Bucks. They just don't have enough shooters to justify spending that much to acquire a guy who can't shoot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app

Minnesota looks pretty stupid right now
There are no valid legal arguments that people have any right to not wear masks in public at this point. Being asymptomatic or unaware if you are positive, does not make you exempt from any obligations to ensure society is free from your germs.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 39,839
And1: 23,054
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#178 » by jbk1234 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:44 pm

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Wiseman looks legit. I think GS may actually get someone to eat Wiggins' deal if they're willing to part with him.

Also, I think that Jrue trade is going to haunt the Bucks. They just don't have enough shooters to justify spending that much to acquire a guy who can't shoot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app

Minnesota looks pretty stupid right now
I wonder if the Cavs were willing to part with Nance to jump up to No. 1, and Minny countered with No. 17. But the Wolves could probably have Nance and Okoro, or Nance and Okongwu, or Nance and whoever.

Now, there isn't anything the Wolves could offer until after the draft that would even tempt me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 13,808
And1: 3,446
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#179 » by Stillwater » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:12 am

Edwards looks pretty good today so who knows but Wiseman was always the higher ceiling prospect who gets to the next level is another story
There are no valid legal arguments that people have any right to not wear masks in public at this point. Being asymptomatic or unaware if you are positive, does not make you exempt from any obligations to ensure society is free from your germs.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 39,839
And1: 23,054
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#180 » by jbk1234 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:42 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers