ImageImageImage

Around the NBA

Moderator: jbk1234

Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 14,583
And1: 3,526
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#201 » by Stillwater » Mon Mar 1, 2021 7:55 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
Dominating is better than sucking, but he didn't actually play all that well vs Canton by the box.

He didnt score much with 29 points but his playmaking is the thing they want from him now apparently
which is interesting because I was looking forward to the ball being in his hands a lot this season
whatever I hope he gets some burn with the Rockets before the season is over instead of having to sit again after the gleague bubble is over soon


As a Cavs fan, I'll be wondering if Broderic Thomas can help us fill the hole at backup PG.

well he is listed at 6'5 so I guess he can play some defense but I dont see a floor general there at all.
Delly needs to come back soon id they really want to keep the ball rolling , but the reality is 3 wins after 10 losses doesnt get me all that excited. I think they come back to earth pretty quickly here in next few.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING

Fischella wrote "There are easily 40-50 dudes with higher ceilings than Juzang in this class"
JonFromVA
Head Coach
Posts: 7,117
And1: 2,175
Joined: Dec 08, 2009
     

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#202 » by JonFromVA » Mon Mar 1, 2021 8:13 pm

Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:He didnt score much with 29 points but his playmaking is the thing they want from him now apparently
which is interesting because I was looking forward to the ball being in his hands a lot this season
whatever I hope he gets some burn with the Rockets before the season is over instead of having to sit again after the gleague bubble is over soon


As a Cavs fan, I'll be wondering if Broderic Thomas can help us fill the hole at backup PG.

well he is listed at 6'5 so I guess he can play some defense but I dont see a floor general there at all.
Delly needs to come back soon id they really want to keep the ball rolling , but the reality is 3 wins after 10 losses doesnt get me all that excited. I think they come back to earth pretty quickly here in next few.


If reality involves playing competitive basketball where the game isn't already over in the opening 5 minutes, I'm good.

We should be getting Love and Nance back ...
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 14,583
And1: 3,526
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#203 » by Stillwater » Mon Mar 1, 2021 8:23 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
As a Cavs fan, I'll be wondering if Broderic Thomas can help us fill the hole at backup PG.

well he is listed at 6'5 so I guess he can play some defense but I dont see a floor general there at all.
Delly needs to come back soon id they really want to keep the ball rolling , but the reality is 3 wins after 10 losses doesnt get me all that excited. I think they come back to earth pretty quickly here in next few.


If reality involves playing competitive basketball where the game isn't already over in the opening 5 minutes, I'm good.

We should be getting Love and Nance back ...

Yeah I think its very interesting that Altman decided to offer a 2 way deal to g-league guard who was replaced by a player the Cavs traded to the same org that the g leaguer played for. Broderic Thomas is not a point guard he can shoot the rock though so maybe if Dotson is flipped in another bigger trade or something Thomas might get some burn besides canton
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING

Fischella wrote "There are easily 40-50 dudes with higher ceilings than Juzang in this class"
Revenged25
Starter
Posts: 2,017
And1: 678
Joined: Jun 05, 2018
   

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#204 » by Revenged25 » Mon Mar 1, 2021 8:51 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Sounds like the Pelicans may have pulled Ball off the market.


Probably weren't getting the offers they expected and he was worth more to them than what the offers were.


Or, he started tearing it up from 3 point range and a Lonzo Ball you have to go out and guard at the perimeter is just a completely different player. I suspect that they don't really have the space to retain both Hart and Ball, and were initially planning on retaining Hart, but Ball's more recent play made them rethink that.

One of things I've read is that Griffin wants to package Redick and/or Bledsoe with other players instead of as stand-alone pieces so I could see that being a hang up as well. Griffin really hurt the Pelicans with that Adams extension (although maybe Ainge bails him out this summer and takes him into the Celtic's TPE). Also, he absolutely should've sent one of those firsts from the Jrue trade to OKC with Bledsoe and hung on to Hill instead. The Pelicans have a good young core but he's absolutely junked up their books with meh vets on contracts other teams don't find attractive.


Nevermind Adams makes 29 mil this year.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 41,407
And1: 23,842
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#205 » by jbk1234 » Tue Mar 2, 2021 7:27 pm

RJ goes all in the Warriors here and says they deserve to lose badly now because of how they acted when they were up.

“One thing that we gloss over because the game has changed. Remember all of the turning around and high-fiving each other cause Steph is that good of a shooter?” Jefferson said. “Like 90s basketball players, early 2000s players, that would’ve been a fight. That would have 100 percent been a fight. But the rules have changed and all that stuff is good and fine now. Other players are doing it."

https://cavaliersnation.com/2021/03/02/richard-jefferson-says-warriors-deserve-to-be-blown-out-after-being-historically-disrespectful/

I kind of like that a half a decade later there's still a healthy amount of salt.
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
JonFromVA
Head Coach
Posts: 7,117
And1: 2,175
Joined: Dec 08, 2009
     

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#206 » by JonFromVA » Wed Mar 3, 2021 3:55 pm

jbk1234 wrote:RJ goes all in the Warriors here and says they deserve to lose badly now because of how they acted when they were up.

“One thing that we gloss over because the game has changed. Remember all of the turning around and high-fiving each other cause Steph is that good of a shooter?” Jefferson said. “Like 90s basketball players, early 2000s players, that would’ve been a fight. That would have 100 percent been a fight. But the rules have changed and all that stuff is good and fine now. Other players are doing it."

https://cavaliersnation.com/2021/03/02/richard-jefferson-says-warriors-deserve-to-be-blown-out-after-being-historically-disrespectful/

I kind of like that a half a decade later there's still a healthy amount of salt.


Or the Cavs taking photos of each other? Damon Jones putting 3's on a platter? LeBron screaming and flexing?

It's just fun for teams that were being thrashed by the Warriors to turn the tables.

Not to mention, it'd be pretty dangerous to let up .vs. the Warriors when Steph can start burying 3's in quick succession.

Post brawl, if RJ or any other player wanted to start a fight, they just had to suck it up and take their suspension like a man - and of course there are numerous other ways to send messages on the court short of that.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 41,407
And1: 23,842
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#207 » by jbk1234 » Wed Mar 3, 2021 8:08 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:RJ goes all in the Warriors here and says they deserve to lose badly now because of how they acted when they were up.

“One thing that we gloss over because the game has changed. Remember all of the turning around and high-fiving each other cause Steph is that good of a shooter?” Jefferson said. “Like 90s basketball players, early 2000s players, that would’ve been a fight. That would have 100 percent been a fight. But the rules have changed and all that stuff is good and fine now. Other players are doing it."

https://cavaliersnation.com/2021/03/02/richard-jefferson-says-warriors-deserve-to-be-blown-out-after-being-historically-disrespectful/

I kind of like that a half a decade later there's still a healthy amount of salt.


Or the Cavs taking photos of each other? Damon Jones putting 3's on a platter? LeBron screaming and flexing?

It's just fun for teams that were being thrashed by the Warriors to turn the tables.

Not to mention, it'd be pretty dangerous to let up .vs. the Warriors when Steph can start burying 3's in quick succession.

Post brawl, if RJ or any other player wanted to start a fight, they just had to suck it up and take their suspension like a man - and of course there are numerous other ways to send messages on the court short of that.


Barnes, who actually played on the Warriors at the end of his career, was on the segment and agreed. The clip is worth watching.
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
JonFromVA
Head Coach
Posts: 7,117
And1: 2,175
Joined: Dec 08, 2009
     

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#208 » by JonFromVA » Wed Mar 3, 2021 9:55 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:RJ goes all in the Warriors here and says they deserve to lose badly now because of how they acted when they were up.

“One thing that we gloss over because the game has changed. Remember all of the turning around and high-fiving each other cause Steph is that good of a shooter?” Jefferson said. “Like 90s basketball players, early 2000s players, that would’ve been a fight. That would have 100 percent been a fight. But the rules have changed and all that stuff is good and fine now. Other players are doing it."

https://cavaliersnation.com/2021/03/02/richard-jefferson-says-warriors-deserve-to-be-blown-out-after-being-historically-disrespectful/

I kind of like that a half a decade later there's still a healthy amount of salt.


Or the Cavs taking photos of each other? Damon Jones putting 3's on a platter? LeBron screaming and flexing?

It's just fun for teams that were being thrashed by the Warriors to turn the tables.

Not to mention, it'd be pretty dangerous to let up .vs. the Warriors when Steph can start burying 3's in quick succession.

Post brawl, if RJ or any other player wanted to start a fight, they just had to suck it up and take their suspension like a man - and of course there are numerous other ways to send messages on the court short of that.


Barnes, who actually played on the Warriors at the end of his career, was on the segment and agreed. The clip is worth watching.


Just saying, if they felt that disrespected but were too cowardly to man up and do something about it at the time when it might have mattered, that's on them. Or maybe it just wasn't that big of a deal.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 41,407
And1: 23,842
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#209 » by jbk1234 » Thu Mar 4, 2021 1:31 am

JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
Or the Cavs taking photos of each other? Damon Jones putting 3's on a platter? LeBron screaming and flexing?

It's just fun for teams that were being thrashed by the Warriors to turn the tables.

Not to mention, it'd be pretty dangerous to let up .vs. the Warriors when Steph can start burying 3's in quick succession.

Post brawl, if RJ or any other player wanted to start a fight, they just had to suck it up and take their suspension like a man - and of course there are numerous other ways to send messages on the court short of that.


Barnes, who actually played on the Warriors at the end of his career, was on the segment and agreed. The clip is worth watching.


Just saying, if they felt that disrespected but were too cowardly to man up and do something about it at the time when it might have mattered, that's on them. Or maybe it just wasn't that big of a deal.
I think after the Malice in the Palace the suspensions cost to much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
JonFromVA
Head Coach
Posts: 7,117
And1: 2,175
Joined: Dec 08, 2009
     

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#210 » by JonFromVA » Fri Mar 5, 2021 2:06 am

jbk1234 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Barnes, who actually played on the Warriors at the end of his career, was on the segment and agreed. The clip is worth watching.


Just saying, if they felt that disrespected but were too cowardly to man up and do something about it at the time when it might have mattered, that's on them. Or maybe it just wasn't that big of a deal.
I think after the Malice in the Palace the suspensions cost to much.


They didn't need to go so far as to incite a brawl. A well timed elbow would get the point across. If the Warriors responded by starting a brawl, then they're the ones who'd end up suspended for months.
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 14,583
And1: 3,526
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#211 » by Stillwater » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:30 pm

KPJ dropped 10 dimes in his debut for the Rockets yesterday ...good job Koby smh major set back in the rebuild is an understatement
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING

Fischella wrote "There are easily 40-50 dudes with higher ceilings than Juzang in this class"
JonFromVA
Head Coach
Posts: 7,117
And1: 2,175
Joined: Dec 08, 2009
     

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#212 » by JonFromVA » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:47 pm

Stillwater wrote:KPJ dropped 10 dimes in his debut for the Rockets yesterday ...good job Koby smh major set back in the rebuild is an understatement


Also -17 in a 20pt loss to the Kings, so, sounds like he's making everybody happy.
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 14,583
And1: 3,526
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#213 » by Stillwater » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:41 am

JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:KPJ dropped 10 dimes in his debut for the Rockets yesterday ...good job Koby smh major set back in the rebuild is an understatement


Also -17 in a 20pt loss to the Kings, so, sounds like he's making everybody happy.

there you go again... it was his first game in a Rockets uni his first game in the NBA in a year
and he dropped 10 dimes like it was nothing but keep telling yourself hes their tank commander or whatever
helps you rationalize it Altman. That is you isnt? lol
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING

Fischella wrote "There are easily 40-50 dudes with higher ceilings than Juzang in this class"
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 41,407
And1: 23,842
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#214 » by jbk1234 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:33 am

Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:KPJ dropped 10 dimes in his debut for the Rockets yesterday ...good job Koby smh major set back in the rebuild is an understatement


Also -17 in a 20pt loss to the Kings, so, sounds like he's making everybody happy.

there you go again... it was his first game in a Rockets uni his first game in the NBA in a year
and he dropped 10 dimes like it was nothing but keep telling yourself hes their tank commander or whatever
helps you rationalize it Altman. That is you isnt? lol
Consider deleting this. It's that off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 14,583
And1: 3,526
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#215 » by Stillwater » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:03 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
Also -17 in a 20pt loss to the Kings, so, sounds like he's making everybody happy.

there you go again... it was his first game in a Rockets uni his first game in the NBA in a year
and he dropped 10 dimes like it was nothing but keep telling yourself hes their tank commander or whatever
helps you rationalize it Altman. That is you isnt? lol
Consider deleting this. It's that off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app

The way things are going the only thing to be excited about is the chance to draft in the high lottery again so they can find a KPJ replacement there is nothing off about what my point is that keeps getting ignored.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING

Fischella wrote "There are easily 40-50 dudes with higher ceilings than Juzang in this class"
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 41,407
And1: 23,842
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#216 » by jbk1234 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:22 am

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:there you go again... it was his first game in a Rockets uni his first game in the NBA in a year
and he dropped 10 dimes like it was nothing but keep telling yourself hes their tank commander or whatever
helps you rationalize it Altman. That is you isnt? lol
Consider deleting this. It's that off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app

The way things are going the only thing to be excited about is the chance to draft in the high lottery again so they can find a KPJ replacement there is nothing off about what my point is that keeps getting ignored.
I'm all for trying to get Cunningham. I think the problem is you're ignoring a couple things: (1) Young men sometimes need to face actual consequences, like getting traded for a pretend second and roster spot, before they *get it.* (2) The Cavs gave KPJ more chances than an old lady at the penny slot machine. (3) KPJ hasn't actually arrived yet. He's played one game in the NBA this year, the results were mixed, and he still has on the court flaws to address in addition to everything else. You're doing touchdown dances after a touchback on a kickoff.

Dion was my favorite player in the last rebuild. You could see loads of potential. How pretty his craft was. How happy he was on the court when things were going well. But, Dion is basically out of the NBA now. He never got it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 14,583
And1: 3,526
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#217 » by Stillwater » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:31 am

I get kpj might need something more than Cle had the patience to wait for him to grow up , but i dont think player of his archetype come around enough to not let him stew in canton all season as a life lesson az opposed to elimination of your own investment etc. I dont know him he might be worse than it seems and although i dont like to judge i do know a lot of people from similar background and struggles with growing up below the poverty line where his distrust in corporate America is understandable even though probably not based on a correct understanding given his age etc.
He probably doesnt reach the same level but hes got harden written all over him and Houston having interest like they did is pretty ironic given the timing and the cavs getting allen etc.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING

Fischella wrote "There are easily 40-50 dudes with higher ceilings than Juzang in this class"
JonFromVA
Head Coach
Posts: 7,117
And1: 2,175
Joined: Dec 08, 2009
     

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#218 » by JonFromVA » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:36 pm

Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:KPJ dropped 10 dimes in his debut for the Rockets yesterday ...good job Koby smh major set back in the rebuild is an understatement


Also -17 in a 20pt loss to the Kings, so, sounds like he's making everybody happy.

there you go again... it was his first game in a Rockets uni his first game in the NBA in a year
and he dropped 10 dimes like it was nothing but keep telling yourself hes their tank commander or whatever
helps you rationalize it Altman. That is you isnt? lol


It's never been about whether KPJ can flash talent, it's about whether he can elevate his imitation-Harden routine to the level it starts helping a team ... and of course whether he can control his emotions.
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 14,583
And1: 3,526
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#219 » by Stillwater » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:58 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
Also -17 in a 20pt loss to the Kings, so, sounds like he's making everybody happy.

there you go again... it was his first game in a Rockets uni his first game in the NBA in a year
and he dropped 10 dimes like it was nothing but keep telling yourself hes their tank commander or whatever
helps you rationalize it Altman. That is you isnt? lol


It's never been about whether KPJ can flash talent, it's about whether he can elevate his imitation-Harden routine to the level it starts helping a team ... and of course whether he can control his emotions.

LOL anyone who lives with their emotions stuffed down deep into their body to "look as if" they have no emotional content to offer as if that would be detrimental to life itself...is a not only a stooge that doesn't understand what life is about , but far less likely to have the heart to dedicate themselves at the level of commitment necessary to achieve anything beyond the status quo. There is absolutely nothing wrong with KPJ going off on Altman for moving his locker imo in fact I HATE that we live in a society that pretends being angry about something is a weakness when in fact it is a completely legitimate human response.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING

Fischella wrote "There are easily 40-50 dudes with higher ceilings than Juzang in this class"
JonFromVA
Head Coach
Posts: 7,117
And1: 2,175
Joined: Dec 08, 2009
     

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#220 » by JonFromVA » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:58 pm

Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:there you go again... it was his first game in a Rockets uni his first game in the NBA in a year
and he dropped 10 dimes like it was nothing but keep telling yourself hes their tank commander or whatever
helps you rationalize it Altman. That is you isnt? lol


It's never been about whether KPJ can flash talent, it's about whether he can elevate his imitation-Harden routine to the level it starts helping a team ... and of course whether he can control his emotions.

LOL anyone who lives with their emotions stuffed down deep into their body to "look as if" they have no emotional content to offer as if that would be detrimental to life itself...is a not only a stooge that doesn't understand what life is about , but far less likely to have the heart to dedicate themselves at the level of commitment necessary to achieve anything beyond the status quo. There is absolutely nothing wrong with KPJ going off on Altman for moving his locker imo in fact I HATE that we live in a society that pretends being angry about something is a weakness when in fact it is a completely legitimate human response.


Your freedom doesn't come at the price of everyone else's, and for sure not someone paying you to do a job.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers