Moderator: ijspeelman

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,193

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#341 » by jbk1234 » Fri Jul 2, 2021 2:04 pm

toooskies wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:The Blazers have made a complete mess of this. If he doesn't have a good answer, that he's willing to go public with, don't hire him.
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app

To be fair, the question that was cut off was a follow-up after a fairly lengthy response on the subject. Reporters literally could ask him questions about it all day, and I'm sure at the right time they will get that opportunity. The introductory press conference shouldn't be wall-to-wall "what happened 20+ years ago" when there's other timely topics to cover, like "how's your relationship with the superstar who might want to leave" and "how do you get this team from good to great?".

Things the Blazers did at the press conference: (1) Announce they hired some entity to perform an investigation AFTER they decided to hire Billups; (2) refuse to identify the entity that performed the investigation while saying the public would just have to trust to them; and (3) shut down Billups when he was willing to talk about it more. They botched this.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#342 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:24 am

Team USA needs to understand that FIBA doesn't play that foul hunting game. They let teams play physical defense. I hope Silver is watching because all that freedom of movement nonsense that resulted in guys going to line 10 times a game has become a real liability.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#343 » by Revenged25 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:12 am

jbk1234 wrote:Team USA needs to understand that FIBA doesn't play that foul hunting game. They let teams play physical defense. I hope Silver is watching because all that freedom of movement nonsense that resulted in guys going to line 10 times a game has become a real liability.

Plus it's just annoying to watch.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#344 » by Stillwater » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:44 am

TEAM USA is funny I mean Love and DG should be completely embarrassed neither are getting any pt to speak of beyond garbage minutes in losing efforts or no pt at all.
Such an honor turns into such a disgrace imo
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#345 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:59 pm

Stillwater wrote:TEAM USA is funny I mean Love and DG should be completely embarrassed neither are getting any pt to speak of beyond garbage minutes in losing efforts or no pt at all.
Read on Twitter
?s=20

cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#346 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:18 pm

LaVine really looks awful in internal play. I'd want no part of him on a vet max. The Bulls are going to need a huge leap out of P Williams to make the playoffs.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#347 » by Stillwater » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:49 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:TEAM USA is funny I mean Love and DG should be completely embarrassed neither are getting any pt to speak of beyond garbage minutes in losing efforts or no pt at all.
Read on Twitter
?s=20

for the love of... 1 nice no look pass when nobody was defending him is noteworthy? and he could have just attacked the rim if he wasn't a net negative athlete...I see he is shooting more though so we see his true colors. 2 for 7 28% from the floor in 10 minutes of playing time
But at least he is doing better than KLove 1 point? wtf
Revenged25
Analyst

Post#348 » by Revenged25 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:02 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

LOl I could've made that pass
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#349 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:03 am

Revenged25 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Would three defenders have followed you into the paint and left Green unguarded?

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Revenged25
Analyst

Post#350 » by Revenged25 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:06 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Would three defenders have followed you into the paint and left Green unguarded?

Sure.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#351 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:06 am

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

for the love of... 1 nice no look pass when nobody was defending him is noteworthy? and he could have just attacked the rim if he wasn't a net negative athlete...I see he is shooting more though so we see his true colors. 2 for 7 28% from the floor in 10 minutes of playing time
But at least he is doing better than KLove 1 point? wtf
Yes, that sample size is definitely telling. Nailed it. Not for nothing, but there are a lot of veteran all stars on that team who shot just as poorly against Nigeria/Australia on much higher volumes.

Why don't you look up how many assists Dame has on ten times as many minutes.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#352 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:10 am

Revenged25 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:

Sure.
This board is going to be unbearable after Sexton is traded.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Revenged25
Analyst

Post#353 » by Revenged25 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:16 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Would three defenders have followed you into the paint and left Green unguarded?

Sure.

it's praising a play that's so basic it's expected out of high schoolers.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#354 » by Stillwater » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:16 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Would three defenders have followed you into the paint and left Green unguarded?

Sure.

Do you really believe they are trading him with the kind of trash proposals on these boards? not that it is a true indicator of what will happen, but a strong indicator of how low his value is to most teams currently who are assuming he wants a max extension as the basis for the trade rumors in the first place , but unless they are dead set on trading him just to rid them self of him, which seems heel of the year award worthy and an instant pink slip guarantee worthy... then there is no reason to actually think he will be traded and there is actually far more likely scenario he signs an extension soon and all this crap swirls away
LivingLegend
Head Coach
And1: 7,745

Post#355 » by LivingLegend » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:26 am

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:
Sure.

Do you really believe they are trading him with the kind of trash proposals on these boards? not that it is a true indicator of what will happen, but a strong indicator of how low his value is to most teams currently who are assuming he wants a max extension as the basis for the trade rumors in the first place , but unless they are dead set on trading him just to rid them self of him, which seems heel of the year award worthy and an instant pink slip guarantee worthy... then there is no reason to actually think he will be traded and there is actually far more likely scenario he signs an extension soon and all this crap swirls away

Honest question, what do you feel would be fair value for Sexton if you knew they had to trade him?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#356 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:31 am

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:
Sure.

No one is assuming that he wants a max extension. He wants a max extension.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#357 » by Stillwater » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:38 am

LivingLegend wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:This board is going to be unbearable after Sexton is traded.

Honest question, what do you feel would be fair value for Sexton if you knew they had to trade him?

right now? there is no fair value to be realized that is the problem... noone is giving up fair value for a player rumored to want a max extension and that is the premise for him becoming available ...how available? very available... lol as far as I am concerned everything reported suggests he only available for an overpay and so there is no point in hypothetical have too situations.
But since you asked
The least I would accept right now as a obvious overpay with his low value right now but in order to justify letting him go : 16th & 18th & 34th overall with Poku and Maledon from OKC 1 proven asset for 5 unknowns
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#358 » by Stillwater » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:38 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:This board is going to be unbearable after Sexton is traded.

No one is assuming that he wants a max extension. He wants a max extension.

wanting and expecting aint the same
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#359 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:56 pm

Again, this is embarrassing and I hope Silver is paying attention.
Read on Twitter
?s=20

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Revenged25
Analyst

Post#360 » by Revenged25 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:04 pm

jbk1234 wrote:Again, this is embarrassing and I hope Silver is paying attention.
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Team USA would be so much better off with Sexton out there. Not only is he used to not getting those calls but he's also used to playing through that contact and still making the damn basket instead of fishing for the points at the FT line.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers