ImageImageImage

Dwyane Wade and Carmelo Anthony watch

Moderator: ijspeelman

GlenRiceARoni
Sixth Man
And1: 793

Dwyane Wade and Carmelo Anthony watch 

Post#1 » by GlenRiceARoni » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:02 pm

Id be willing to bet both of these guys are on the Cavs playoff roster.

Both guys are obvious midseason buyout candidates that have made enough money that they'll take a tiny loss of income to end up with their buddy lebron.

Carmelo actually helps the cavs a little as a catch and shoot guy if hes healthy and his defense becomes less of a problem at the 3 when iggy is in the game and LeBron is the defacto smallball 4.

Wade helps as a secondary playmaker when either LeBron or kyrie sits to catch their breath.

Neither of these guys are stars anymore but they certainly still add some value and will likely be acquired for nothing.

Its likely not enough to be A BETTER team than a healthy warriors squad but the best team doesnt always win. I think it evens out the matchup slightly.

"Get Out the Way, Let the Real F. Ballas thru" - Juvenile
VeganKingsFan
Junior
And1: 81

Re: Dwyane Wade and Carmelo Anthony watch 

Post#2 » by VeganKingsFan » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:41 am

That would be crazy getting Wade and Carmelo both on minimum contracts plus trading for Paul George. I can imagine a "death lineup" of Irving/Wade/George/LeBron/Melo. Will that make them the favorites over the Warriors?
Yao4REAL
Sophomore
And1: 13

Post#3 » by Yao4REAL » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:41 am

Dwade is old and overweight
Carmelo is washed out and can't play defense.
EmperorLocky
Sixth Man
And1: 3,060

Post#4 » by EmperorLocky » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:28 am

VeganKingsFan wrote:That would be crazy getting Wade and Carmelo both on minimum contracts plus trading for Paul George. I can imagine a "death lineup" of Irving/Wade/George/LeBron/Melo. Will that make them the favorites over the Warriors?

Would love to watch them play. But I can't fathom them challenging the Warriors with this lineup. Too many guys on this team that won't get their perceived share of the ball. Not rooting against it if this team was pulled off but I can't see them becoming legit contenders against the Warriors. Happy to be proved wrong.

Would a USA/Dream Team coach be the answer for a team with guys that all want to be the guy?
GlenRiceARoni
Sixth Man

Re: RE: Re: Dwyane Wade and Carmelo Anthony watch 

Post#5 » by GlenRiceARoni » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:01 pm

Yao4REAL wrote:Dwade is old and overweight
Carmelo is washed out and can't play defense.

They wont be defending igoudala anyway. He is the guy they will leave open on rotations.

Darren
RealGM
And1: 826

Post#6 » by Darren » Mon Jul 3, 2017 11:02 am

From an outsider POV, Melo's still more capable defender against the likes of 6-10 Durant or 6-7 Draymond Green than random shorter swingmans such as JR Smith and Ian Shumpert. His being able to make plays could be able to draw attention away from defenders. It could be a big plus if he's available as a FA. As a trade piece, I am not sure the Knicks wants JR and something with a late pick. The Cavs would much better off not offering Love in such a deal. Coz Love can really hit shots as a Fourth option. Not so good as a third option, though. I don't think Houston can put up a decent offer as well. Melo either remains a Knicks or bought out by Knicks most likely.
GlenRiceARoni
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by GlenRiceARoni » Thu Jul 6, 2017 11:40 pm

Yea i dont see any teams willing to pay carmelo unless new York takes bad salaries back in return. Thats why a buyout remains the most likely option in my opinion.

Tim Horton
Analyst
And1: 1,233

Post#8 » by Tim Horton » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:48 pm

I have a feeling this will happen to your team. Buyout-ed Wade at least. Dunno what you guys will be giving away for Melo tho
HoopsMalone
Veteran
And1: 1,548

Post#9 » by HoopsMalone » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:25 am

Watch over.

Wade was necessary after the Kyrie trade. This will keep them from running everyone into the ground prior to the playoffs and some depth when injuries inevitably hit this incredibly old roster.

Sent from my SM-N920V using RealGM mobile app
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#10 » by gflem » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 am

Well, if it had to be one of the old timers I am glad it was a bought out Wade. Between It, Rose and Wade we should be able to have a healthy PG for most or all of the season.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,134

Post#11 » by jbk1234 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:15 am

gflem wrote:Well, if it had to be one of the old timers I am glad it was a bought out Wade. Between It, Rose and Wade we should be able to have a healthy PG for most or all of the season.

I'd package all three of those guys with our first for Kemba. The Hornets would say no but still.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by jbk1234 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:21 am

Man the Heat board is shambles right now. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who watched that Bulls/Celtics series.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#13 » by Dupp » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:55 am

I mean this could be ok. He has great chemistry with bron so that's one thing.

I don't see any benefit starting him once IT is back. It just makes no sense for the team to operate at its best. Him and crowder off the bench is really nice though. He could be a great sixth man (even though crowder is better) and really be that playmaker we need with the second unit.

I also think it's very important j r plays along side Lebron. For both of their games, J Rs confidence and the balance of the team.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#14 » by B Mac » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:21 am

Hey all... been a long time.

Something about this signing feels so surreal. No chance anyone predicted this 7 years ago.

Back to being a dad with 2 young kids. Just had to stop by to talk about D flipping Wade being a Cav.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by jbk1234 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:18 am

B Mac wrote:Hey all... been a long time.

Something about this signing feels so surreal. No chance anyone predicted this 7 years ago.

Back to being a dad with 2 young kids. Just had to stop by to talk about D flipping Wade being a Cav.

Stop by more often B Mac.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
gflem
Analyst

Post#16 » by gflem » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:21 pm

B Mac wrote:Hey all... been a long time.

Hey Bmac, you're back just in time for the "Lebron is definitely going to LA" season tour. Just like old times eh?
Trailbreaker
Junior
And1: 115

Post#17 » by Trailbreaker » Sun Oct 1, 2017 1:41 am

gflem wrote:Hey Bmac, you're back just in time for the "Lebron is definitely going to LA" season tour. Just like old times eh?

Wasn’t it more so, “LeBron to NY” 24/7 back in the day?
gflem
Analyst

Post#18 » by gflem » Mon Oct 2, 2017 1:18 am

Trailbreaker wrote:
gflem wrote:Hey Bmac, you're back just in time for the "Lebron is definitely going to LA" season tour. Just like old times eh?

Wasn’t it more so, “LeBron to NY” 24/7 back in the day?

Yes it was, I just meant the whole season of Lebron is definitely leaving garbage.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers