ImageImageImage

Cavs Regular Season

Moderator: ijspeelman

nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Re: Cavs roster & training camp 

Post#201 » by nymets1 » Fri Feb 9, 2018 5:39 pm

I wish coaches if they could realize this when certain players are on the court like Isiaah Thomas and the team is horrible, Don't play Isiaah Thomas at all. If Rose, Crowder, Wade are a problem also, Don't play them. Should have started playing Cedi Osman more earlier in the season. Cavs were doing fine before Thomas played his 1st game, Once he became an issue, he never should have played again.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
bb22
Starter
And1: 985

Post#202 » by bb22 » Fri Feb 9, 2018 6:41 pm

nymets1 wrote:I wish coaches if they could realize this when certain players are on the court like Isiaah Thomas and the team is horrible, Don't play Isiaah Thomas at all. If Rose, Crowder, Wade are a problem also, Don't play them. Should have started playing Cedi Osman more earlier in the season. Cavs were doing fine before Thomas played his 1st game, Once he became an issue, he never should have played again.

That definitely would have been the case if Pop was coaching this team. Ultimately, he would have been traded by the deadline anyway... so things worked out the way they were supposed to.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,144

Post#203 » by jbk1234 » Fri Feb 9, 2018 9:02 pm

nymets1 wrote:I wish coaches if they could realize this when certain players are on the court like Isiaah Thomas and the team is horrible, Don't play Isiaah Thomas at all. If Rose, Crowder, Wade are a problem also, Don't play them. Should have started playing Cedi Osman more earlier in the season. Cavs were doing fine before Thomas played his 1st game, Once he became an issue, he never should have played again.

I suspect that both Lue and LBJ wanted to show the F.O. just how badly it wasn't working before the deadline.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#204 » by Dupp » Fri Feb 9, 2018 10:03 pm

jbk1234 wrote:

I suspect that both Lue and LBJ wanted to show the F.O. just how badly it wasn't working before the deadline.

I suspect is just terrible at rotations and won’t give guys chances like he had always shown.

Lebron yeah he was throwing the games
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#205 » by Stillwater » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:01 am

Dupp wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

I suspect is just terrible at rotations and won’t give guys chances like he had always shown.

Lebron yeah he was throwing the games

The front office was pressuring Lue to play IT3 to see if he was gonna work for us before the deadline. He failed he's gone pretty simple,and no regrets for ownership that would not move him if he was playing like last season.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#206 » by jbk1234 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:53 am

Rockets got Brandon Wright for free after the buy out.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#207 » by jbk1234 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:50 pm

Not sure about Cedi starting against the Celtics tbh:

Read on Twitter
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Dupp
RealGM

Post#208 » by Dupp » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:12 am

Sounds good to me. The more experience he gets before playoffs the better.

Play this man.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#209 » by Stillwater » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:52 am

Cedi is the best option I guess until new players are more acclimated.Probably feels adding more than 1 new player to the sl would be tough even though Cedi is essentially new to the sl, he at least knows the sets and will play with energy.Green is going to hold down the 2nd unit all season imo and if Clarkson and Hood can add something positive Sunday great.
I am more looking forward to Nance throwing down over Irving than anything else
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#210 » by jbk1234 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:44 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#211 » by jbk1234 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:20 pm

Read on Twitter
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#212 » by Stillwater » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:12 am

Signing Marcus Thornton to a 10 day
Bit of a head scratcher imo
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#213 » by jbk1234 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:28 am

So apparently IT is still running his mouth about the Cavs. They *panicked* when they traded him.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#214 » by Stillwater » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:06 am

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#215 » by jbk1234 » Sat Mar 3, 2018 8:14 pm

Read on Twitter
cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#216 » by jbk1234 » Sat Mar 3, 2018 8:19 pm

Normally, I'd fault JR for throwing a bowl of soup at a coach but it was Damon Jones. I don't even understand why he's a coach (except for the fact that he's friends with LBJ).
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#217 » by Stillwater » Mon Mar 5, 2018 1:15 pm

Dupp
RealGM

Post#218 » by Dupp » Tue Mar 6, 2018 10:54 am

You know how good of a defnsive rebounding team we could be with front court of bron/love/nance. Nance is so good at boxing out and getting bodys into offensive rebounders.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#219 » by Stillwater » Tue Mar 6, 2018 6:19 pm

TT might be out of a job even if he does get healthy if Zizic also continues to progress, because clearly we are a much better team with Nance in the sl, even though it requires more subbing instead of just 2 main rotations.
This is what TT was for us in the first finals when Love was out. If TT can get back to that player in the post season coming off the bench, having 2 high energy bigs at Lue's disposal will be a nightmare for opposing rosters, but expecting him to return to that player this season is probably a pipe dream given he is obviously either declining already, the Kardashian curse is real or both.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#220 » by Stillwater » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:52 pm

Gonna be pretty thin with Hood,Osman both out indefinitely. Green has been terrible since his lower back issue started. Wouldn't be surprised if we are in 6th place or worse after this road trip.
At some point in time you have to wonder if this team will be able to gel given that hasn't happened since the deadline and now won't be able to continue the process.
Probably should bring in a defensive 10 day g-league call up at the 3/4 ;Raphiael Putney would work and hasn't played in the league this yr so should be playoff eligible depends on the status with bayhawks.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers