ImageImageImage

Kyrie just put the daggar in and turned it!

Moderator: ijspeelman

Chello1
Junior
And1: 114

Kyrie just put the daggar in and turned it! 

Post#1 » by Chello1 » Thu Aug 3, 2017 1:49 am

By not agreeing to an extension after being traded he just killed your potential return! OUCH!
Trailbreaker
Junior
And1: 115

Re: Kyrie just put the daggar in and turned it! 

Post#2 » by Trailbreaker » Thu Aug 3, 2017 2:20 am

I was listening to 92.3 the Fan earlier today and believe the best course of action is if one cannot get great value in trading Kyrie Irving then the Cavs need to hold onto him. I think that's the way I would go about it, too.
Chello1
Junior
And1: 114

Post#3 » by Chello1 » Thu Aug 3, 2017 2:29 am

Trailbreaker wrote:I was listening to 92.3 the Fan earlier today and believe the best course of action is if one cannot get great value in trading Kyrie Irving then the Cavs need to hold onto him. I think that's the way I would go about it, too.

That is most likely not going to happen. You and I know how these situations play out. He wants no part of Lebron and Lebron wants no part of him. That relationship is history.
johnnyballgame
Senior
And1: 76

Post#4 » by johnnyballgame » Thu Aug 3, 2017 3:59 am

What is a daggar? Do you mean dagger? And why would he agree to an extension if he is already signed to two years and a third year option? Do you think that team's need to control all traded for players for seven years or something? Nobody would ever get dealt. Any team trading for Kyrie would have plenty of time to benefit from his talent while he's there, have at least two years to convince him to stay or the ability to flip him to another team and recoup at least some of their expenses. Young and elite players don't all sign long deals. If they do they include opt outs anyway. Kyrie's also very cheaply signed compared to some superstars as his deal was before the new cab. He makes what an average starter makes for those two plus years. He can probably be coerced to wave his trade kicker and he's not going to get a supermax if traded.
Kyrie most of the time when he shoots starts with the ball and then dribbles a while then shoots. -statistical analysis from a 'longtime' Cavs fan (June 2017)
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,977

Post#5 » by zimpy27 » Thu Aug 3, 2017 4:44 am

This really changes nothing. I'm sure everyone is aware of how player rights work. Nothing is certain with a player but you get the best value you can, even for a year.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#6 » by Dupp » Thu Aug 3, 2017 9:27 am

Chello1 wrote:By not agreeing to an extension after being traded he just killed your potential return! OUCH!

Kevin Love is an NBA champion with the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#7 » by Stillwater » Thu Aug 3, 2017 2:12 pm

Chello1 wrote:
Trailbreaker wrote:I was listening to 92.3 the Fan earlier today and believe the best course of action is if one cannot get great value in trading Kyrie Irving then the Cavs need to hold onto him. I think that's the way I would go about it, too.

That is most likely not going to happen. You and I know how these situations play out. He wants no part of Lebron and Lebron wants no part of him. That relationship is history.

As much as the timing of these leaking,was unfortunate given it was the first day Jackson could be moved, I would not be surprised if the Suns were in fact asking for some kind of early extension to make their justification of trading Jackson easier on the fan base and so the answer was leaked.
The fact is he is not ready to commit to "any" team beyond his current contract just like he would not do if he didn't want out of Cleveland and they were trying to get him to give up $ to be locked in longer.
Holding out for a contract extension for a couple of years gives him the chance to make all nba teams and demand a higher salary Which he would likely do if he is on a team where he is the main guy.
This is not rocket science.
He could make 25mil w/ an extension signed in the next year, or opt out in 2019 and make close to 40. You do the math.
Saying he won't "commit to" sign an extension now , was a given. The fact that the Suns or any other org is trying to use it as bargaining power is a joke. Either you want him or you don't. If you are not confident enough in your organization providing the necessary role players and making him the man, then you shouldn't be trading for him anyway. But if you have those pieces than there is no reason you as an org should hesitate to drop the hammer and get a deal done no matter what the cost.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,144

Post#8 » by jbk1234 » Thu Aug 3, 2017 3:05 pm

Chello1 wrote:By not agreeing to an extension after being traded he just killed your potential return! OUCH!

We shall see. In any event, this is awfully close to trolling. Tread carefully.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers