ImageImageImage

Nets pick watch

Moderator: ijspeelman

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Nets pick watch 

Post#621 » by Stillwater » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:50 am

yoyoboy wrote:The Cavs had Miles Bridges attend Game 1. You can't make this **** up lol.

klutch again :nonono:
heres my mock with a plethora of draft day trades... Cavs get 3rd pick via drawing then take Bagley for Phoenix who picks Jackson for us at 4 and we get their 31 where I have Trent Jr. falling to. if he doesn't there are plenty of suitable upperclassman pg/sg types that will be there.
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/draft_simulator/view/471749/
some of these players I have at their lowest draft positions imo example Doubt Zhaire falls that far etc.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#622 » by Stillwater » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:21 am

Watching Jrue holiday in this 1st round series definitely reenforces my interest in drafting Khyri Thomas depending on who's on the board... his best comp is a better defensive version of Holiday.
cavs4872
Senior
And1: 242

Post#623 » by cavs4872 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:19 pm

Would you guys have traded this pick for a guaranteed title this season?
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#624 » by Dantares » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:36 am

Best reason to draft Trae Young. This is the most efficient way to play offense now. Just the threat of Trae Young hitting from 30+ feet away is going to put so much pressure on opposing defenses.

"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,793

Post#625 » by yoyoboy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:25 am

Dantares wrote:Best reason to draft Trae Young. This is the most efficient way to play offense now. Just the threat of Trae Young hitting from 30+ feet away is going to put so much pressure on opposing defenses.

Yeah Young is going to be a garbage defender but we've dealt with bad defense from Kyrie before. Young is a deadeye shooter. People can bring up his conference percentages all they want. The dude was double teamed on 42% of possessions past halfcourt...as a freshman. His teammates weren't very good and he was forced to take a lot of extremely difficult shots, mostly contested and basically all off the dribble and from a few feet beyond the three point line. You can't convince me that he's not an amazing shooter. He's also a good dribbler and a way better passer than he gets credit for. He blows a guy like Kyrie out of the water in the playmaking department. I think he could very well struggle to finish at an above average level in the NBA because of his lack of size and strength, but it's something he'll gradually improve, and I think adding a floater to his game would really help. Can you imagine all the open looks he'll get alongside LeBron? He's most likely never seen that kind of airspace in his life.

How do you even guard a Young/Hill/Korver/LeBron/Love offense? You play 5 out and LeBron can take his assignment 1-on-1 to the rim every single time. And run PnRs with Young-LeBron all day. Obviously the defense wouldn't be great but you can always throw Nance at the 5 and take Korver/Hill out to inject a lob target and shot contester.

And to be honest I really like what Zizic could do in that lineup if he continues to develop. He shot 85% within 3 feet and 57% from 3-10 feet during the season. He's money if he's anywhere close to the rim due to his strength, touch, and post moves. He also contested shots and used verticality really well. He just needs to progress in his conditioning so he doesn't foul as much. A lineup of Young/Korver/LeBron/Love/Zizic would be incredibly tough to cover because you have Young and LeBron imitating Paul-Harden fashion with the dual scorer and creator threat. And then one of the top 3 off ball movers/pure three point shooters ever in Korver. A really good stretch big in Love. And Zizic who can set solid screens for LeBron and Young and roll hard to the basket
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#626 » by Stillwater » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:31 am

Dantares wrote:Best reason to draft Trae Young. This is the most efficient way to play offense now. Just the threat of Trae Young hitting from 30+ feet away is going to put so much pressure on opposing defenses.

Defenders will close out on him forcing bad passes or he'll be a Chucker from 36' with a low release point requiring even more space for him to operate.
A lot of the reason he shot from so deep was the low release,once teams started game planning he looked pedestrian at best.
I don't think there has been a more overrated player based on a high volume of long range made shots on a high volume of attempts shooting less than 40% from deep that's been given this much hype in a long time. Jimmer maybe...but I'm pretty sure he actually did shoot 40% or better.
I like his passing ability dribbling and bbiq but I hate the low release the weakness the lack of length to defend and the average atheticism.
Pass
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#627 » by NetsWorld » Tue May 1, 2018 6:11 pm

How about Russ to Cavs for Nets pick. Cavs do it and get another elite player alongside LeBron and Thunder rebuild.With Westbrook, LBJ will essentially retire with the Cavs and have more chances to compete for a ring.
perempe20
Sixth Man
And1: 930

Post#628 » by perempe20 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:44 am

---> 8th pick <---
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,831

Post#629 » by Vae Victus » Fri Jun 1, 2018 1:23 am

When Lin went down in game 1 and DLo yo yoing up and down in effectiveness and shaky health i thought this pick was guaranteed top 3.

Lordy this year's Tankathon was epic. My Lakers only needing to give up a #10 pick is a miracle in of itself as we were staring down the barrel of losing our high lotto pick over the years if the ping pong balls didnt bounce right for us. #2, 2, 2, 7 constantly ducking into protection range due to our blatant tanking. Pity we couldnt draft any true impact players with those picks.

I honestly think that if the pick was top 3, Lebron would stay, its hard to see how you guys can improve the team enough for Lebron to stay if you guys dont have a good showing in the finals. Winning it all would obviously make it unfeasible for LBJ to bail, but i figure going to 6 and having a strong offseason plan might be enough to tip LBJ to stay.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers