ImageImageImage

Nets pick watch

Moderator: ijspeelman

CaptainCanada
Junior
And1: 259

Re: Nets pick watch 

Post#101 » by CaptainCanada » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:26 am

tundraknight wrote:As long as we get a Top 5 Pick with the Nets pick I’ll be happy.

Because it’s a huge drop off in talent after that.

Cav's are lucky to have two picks; they could potentially package them to move into top five.

Brooklyn now 3W-4L. Next game vs Suns....who have been playing respectably last couple games.
CaptainCanada
Junior

Post#102 » by CaptainCanada » Tue Nov 7, 2017 4:50 am

Brooklyn now at 4W-6L....only have more wins than four teams; and schedule will be tough coming up.
Andy123
Pro Prospect
And1: 312

Post#103 » by Andy123 » Tue Nov 7, 2017 11:17 am

CaptainCanada wrote:Brooklyn now at 4W-6L....only have more wins than four teams; and schedule will be tough coming up.

They have a better record than 7 teams ( you need to count western teams too ) not four but agree schedule is about to be tougher.
I enjoy contributing ideas in a discussion towatds a solution , not interested in debates or arguments.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#104 » by Stillwater » Thu Nov 9, 2017 11:24 pm

SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
CaptainCanada
Junior

Post#105 » by CaptainCanada » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:38 am

Brooklyn now 5w-7L.......big win over Portland.
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,801

Post#106 » by yoyoboy » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:54 am

They have a really tough stretch of 8 games now. If they can go something like 1-7 that really helps us out. Easiest games they have are against Portland at home, against us on the road, and against Utah at home.
perempe20
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Post#107 » by perempe20 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:08 pm

good news for the Cavs: D'Angelo Russell (knee) also went down (after Lin).
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,144

Post#108 » by jbk1234 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:03 am

Brooklyn's 5-9.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,801

Post#109 » by yoyoboy » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:22 am

I think it'll finish around sixth. Chicago, Dallas, Atlanta, and Sacramento are just wayyyy too bad. I mean they could all finish with less than 20 wins. And then you have the Suns who are awful, too. I have a feeling the Lakers will start losing a lot of games, as well. And Utah could really be in trouble without Gobert, especially being that they're in the West. I could see them losing a lot of games and holding him out longer than he needs to be just to be safe and get a high pick.

So I think they'll finish with between the fifth worst record and the eighth. To me, this is a five man draft though. Ayton and Bamba are in a tier of their own. They would be perfect on this team, but we're not getting a top two pick so unfortunately it ain't happening. Then Doncic and Porter Jr. Then Jaren Jackson. And then Bagley, Knox, Bridges, Carter, etc, none of whom I'm too excited by.

If we get the 6th-7th pick I'd offer up Cedi, Zizic, and our first just to move up 3-4 spots if one of Bamba or Ayton would be available.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#110 » by Stillwater » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:50 am

The odds are greater it is a top 3 pick if actual record puts it top 6 than later. If their record is better than 6 teams which it could be with the clear early season tanking we better not still have it.
Regardless the high lottery picks are overrated anyway when you are a playoff team because you have no realistic expectations of a rookie making much difference . If it falls between 7-14 I expect it to be used packaged in a trade out of the draft not up , or to pick a upper classman / intl who can step in and be a contributor right away not a high upside boom or bust future star/ future bw.
Keeping an eye on Noel's situation in Dallas I think he could be Cav before the deadline
And if Nets are winning enough to barely be in top 10, then we will move this pick even for a rental
Couple sleepers imo for our own pick assuming 23-26 range ;guard D. DiVincenzo @Nova or forward Moritz Wagner @Michigan
BasketballFan7
Analyst
And1: 2,344

Post#111 » by BasketballFan7 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:38 pm

Can't really see them trading it, either, even though a trade would be the smartest move if you ask me. But I think the Cavs value insurance a lot more than I do.

Today I wrote on the Cavs and their situation.

https://sircharlesincharge.com/2017/11/15/cleveland-cavaliers-kyrie-irving-trade-crisis-2017/
FGA Restricted All-Time Draft

In My Hood, The Bullies Get Bullied
PG: 2013 Mike Conley, 1998 Greg Anthony
SG: 2005 Manu Ginobili, 2015 Khris Middleton
SF: 1991 Scottie Pippen
PF: 1986 Larry Bird, 1996 Dennis Rodman
C: 1999 Alonzo Mourning
CaptainCanada
Junior

Post#112 » by CaptainCanada » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:46 am

Nets now 6w-9L
perempe20
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Post#113 » by perempe20 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:03 am

D'Angelo Russell Out Indefinitely After Knee Surgery.
tundraknight
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,918

Post#114 » by tundraknight » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:33 pm

How do the Nets keep winning without both Lin and Russell? :banghead:

All I ask for is just one Top 5 Pick. The I promise Nets fans I’ll root hard for your team next season! I would make them my second favorite team. They do have the best looking court in the NBA in my humble opinion.
Aussienet3
Junior
And1: 90

Post#115 » by Aussienet3 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:25 am

tundraknight wrote:How do the Nets keep winning without both Lin and Russell? :banghead:

All I ask for is just one Top 5 Pick. The I promise Nets fans I’ll root hard for your team next season! I would make them my second favorite team. They do have the best looking court in the NBA in my humble opinion.

All you ask for is just one top 5 pick? Was Tristian Thompson, Kyrie Irving, Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett and Andrew Wiggans not enough for you??? LOL :lol:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#116 » by Stillwater » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:49 pm

^ yeah to be honest that pretty much sums up why this pick is overrated in the first place. We have 1 of those players still.
I don't expect we are going to get 1 of the like of Bagley Doncic etc and keep them unless it's the #1 and exactly who we want, because if the pick is that high in the lottery we will probably trade in on draft night for an all star vet to convince Lebron to stay. But if the pick is a little later we'll more likely grab a 2nd year player or an intl with more experience that can be plugged into the rotation in the second half of the year like Robert Williams . I could see us trading down from 4-7 to late lottery to pick up a nba vet in the trade and still get a decent long term upside project for the long term like Anfernee Simmons if he declares early or another high level recruit if he gets a waiver to transfer from WKU and is eligible a sleeper center prospect in that range is Mitchell Robinson & then also still pick a nba ready upperclassman guard like Jacobi Boykins or Malik Newman with our own pick or go high stakes win or lose with Greek freak's little brother Kostas Antetokounmpo
Green_teamer
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,040

Post#117 » by Green_teamer » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:40 pm

Stillwater wrote:^ yeah to be honest that pretty much sums up why this pick is overrated in the first place. We have 1 of those players still.
I don't expect we are going to get 1 of the like of Bagley Doncic etc and keep them unless it's the #1 and exactly who we want, because if the pick is that high in the lottery we will probably trade in on draft night for an all star vet to convince Lebron to stay. But if the pick is a little later we'll more likely grab a 2nd year player or an intl with more experience that can be plugged into the rotation in the second half of the year like Robert Williams . I could see us trading down from 4-7 to late lottery to pick up a nba vet in the trade and still get a decent long term upside project for the long term like Anfernee Simmons if he declares early or another high level recruit if he gets a waiver to transfer from WKU and is eligible a sleeper center prospect in that range is Mitchell Robinson & then also still pick a nba ready upperclassman guard like Jacobi Boykins or Malik Newman with our own pick or go high stakes win or lose with Greek freak's little brother Kostas Antetokounmpo

Honestly you guys should do whatever is best for the franchise. Not what you think will make Lebron stay. Miami drafting Napier should teach you that. If he's made up his mind nothing will change it.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#118 » by Stillwater » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:01 am

Green_teamer wrote:
Stillwater wrote:^ yeah to be honest that pretty much sums up why this pick is overrated in the first place. We have 1 of those players still.

Honestly you guys should do whatever is best for the franchise. Not what you think will make Lebron stay. Miami drafting Napier should teach you that. If he's made up his mind nothing will change it.

actually we will likely do whatever it takes to contend this season while he is still here and doing so will improve the odds he stays. But if we cannot complete a deal until after the season and have a high pick I don't know how they would pass on a trade for a player who is legit as opposed to a potential future star. If Lebron leaves that than Cavs still have a legit player on the roster. It's a tough call either way and could go either way depending on the mind set of Lebron , but any move made for the future that sacrifices our chances of contending now will guarantee a lack of commitment to Lebron and his departure will then also be a given. That may be the direction they go, but I think the odds of that are so slim that only a flush $ thrower would bet on it happening and not care if it didn't.
This org will never deflate the run with the GOAT even if some think he isn't the GOAT he is top 5 player in the history of the NBA , you don't plan for the future when you have that if you sacrifice the now in doing so.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#119 » by Stillwater » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:19 am

Nets look better than last 2 years but they still don't have enough to be outside the bottom 6.
Lovethisgamegr
Bench Warmer
And1: 957

Post#120 » by Lovethisgamegr » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:02 pm

If the season ended right now,these would be the odds.
http://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds

And that's a mock draft for the Cavs
http://www.tankathon.com/players/mohamed-bamba

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers