ImageImageImage

Nets pick watch

Moderator: ijspeelman

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Nets pick watch 

Post#121 » by Stillwater » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:02 pm

Lovethisgamegr wrote:If the season ended right now,these would be the odds.
http://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds

And that's a mock draft for the Cavs
http://www.tankathon.com/players/mohamed-bamba

Yeah right now Ayton and Doncic are our top targets imo but unless we get in the top 3 maybe the injured Porter falls in our lap, otherwise I think we'd trade down or out for a vet
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
tundraknight
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,918

Post#122 » by tundraknight » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:09 pm

Just imagine how much more often Austin Carr will say “GET THAT WEAK STUFF OUTTA HERE!!!” with Bamba in a Cavaliers jersey.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#123 » by Stillwater » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:10 pm

tundraknight wrote:

Just imagine how much more often Austin Carr will say “GET THAT WEAK STUFF OUTTA HERE!!!” with Bamba in a Cavaliers jersey.

He's way to raw and skinny to get any pt if we pick late enough to justify a upside pick like him over a less upside NBA ready prospect .
But I hear you.
LEO MESSI
Junior
And1: 260

Post#124 » by LEO MESSI » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:25 am

I'm wonder if we are missing an opportunity to get a good deal with this pick right now instead of waiting. This pick could definitely end between 8-12. The Nets are bad, but they aren't as bad as they used to be in previous years.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Nets pick watch 

Post#125 » by Paradise » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:45 am

LEO MESSI wrote:I'm wonder if we are missing an opportunity to get a good deal with this pick right now instead of waiting. This pick could definitely end between 8-12. The Nets are bad, but they aren't as bad as they used to be in previous years.

We’re also without a chunk of our roster and this is the toughest stretch of our schedule...

Read on Twitter
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#126 » by Prokorov » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:47 am

from a pick standpoint for the Cavs id be concerned if the nets have 15ish wins by february. because it is likely end of year they will pick up cheap wins while other teams tank just like last season.

i think the nets hit 29ish wins. on pace for 31.5 right now
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#127 » by Stillwater » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:50 am

LEO MESSI wrote:I'm wonder if we are missing an opportunity to get a good deal with this pick right now instead of waiting. This pick could definitely end between 8-12. The Nets are bad, but they aren't as bad as they used to be in previous years.

no because despite the gamble they will be bad is more of a risk than past 2 years doesn't make it more valuable to potential receivers of that pick right now either.
the pick will hold more value than it does right now once the draft lottery is done, or it will hold about the same value as it does right now, either way it can't get any less valuable unless the Nets suddenly become a 500 team which is unlikely and a risk we have to take because no team will give us anyone of value before it is more known the likely outcome farther along in the season or esp after it.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#128 » by Prokorov » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:00 am

if im the cavs i trade the pick for whatever i can to try and win a title now with the uncertainty on lebron. you only get so many chances to win a title
CaptainCanada
Junior
And1: 259

Post#129 » by CaptainCanada » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:12 am

Can the Nets beat one of best teams in the league?
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#130 » by Dupp » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:02 am

Prokorov wrote:if im the cavs i trade the pick for whatever i can to try and win a title now with the uncertainty on lebron. you only get so many chances to win a title

Yeah I don’t really see how any other option makes sense.

People worried about what if he leaves? So what we’ll probably trying for another 50 years to get to this point again. This is our best team in franchise history. Go for it.
bb22
Starter
And1: 985

Post#131 » by bb22 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:57 pm

Prokorov wrote:if im the cavs i trade the pick for whatever i can to try and win a title now with the uncertainty on lebron. you only get so many chances to win a title

Not sure if this is sarcasm, but I agree. Going all in and trying to make a good run at the title this year is definitely worth it. Although nothing in the playoffs is certain, Lebron going for his 8th straight finals is pretty darn likely. So why not go all in one last time?
If they make a big trade and pull in someone like Marc Gasol, and the cavs start playing really well, maybe Lebron comes out and verbally commits to an extension? One things for certain, the cavs current roster (with a healthy IT) isn't winning a championship unless the warriors suffer a major upset. And even then, beating the rockets or spurs is anything but guaranteed. Not to mention having to go through the Celtics in the ECF.

All in all, if the cavs FO want Lebron to stay (and have any chance of being a relevant team for the next 3 or more years) then make a move.
CaptainCanada
Junior

Post#132 » by CaptainCanada » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:49 am

Nets currently with 6th worst record in nba....but have an easy schedule coming up....can they get out of the bottom ten?
tundraknight
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,918

Post#133 » by tundraknight » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:14 pm

Very easy next 3 games for the Nets.

Mavericks, then Hawks twice in a row.
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#134 » by gflem » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:54 pm

bb22 wrote:

Not sure if this is sarcasm, but I agree. Going all in and trying to make a good run at the title this year is definitely worth it. Although nothing in the playoffs is certain, Lebron going for his 8th straight finals is pretty darn likely. So why not go all in one last time?
If they make a big trade and pull in someone like Marc Gasol, and the cavs start playing really well, maybe Lebron comes out and verbally commits to an extension? One things for certain, the cavs current roster (with a healthy IT) isn't winning a championship unless the warriors suffer a major upset. And even then, beating the rockets or spurs is anything but guaranteed. Not to mention having to go through the Celtics in the ECF.

All in all, if the cavs FO want Lebron to stay (and have any chance of being a relevant team for the next 3 or more years) then make a move.

Not really sure how Gasol helps against the Warriors. Conley otoh would be a difference maker.
Gasol would help in the regular season and EC playoffs but would be much less effective in the finals against GS. Both would be ideal but that is not at all likely, actually Conley isn't at all likely either.
To me the pick is almost untouchable at this point.
LEO MESSI
Junior

Post#135 » by LEO MESSI » Sat Dec 2, 2017 10:49 pm

Keep losing Brooklyn, keep losing.
CaptainCanada
Junior

Post#136 » by CaptainCanada » Tue Dec 5, 2017 3:04 am

Brooklyn wins....now 9W-14L...9th worst record in league...can pick slid out of top ten?
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#137 » by Stillwater » Tue Dec 5, 2017 8:03 pm

CaptainCanada wrote:Brooklyn wins....now 9W-14L...9th worst record in league...can pick slid out of top ten?

Memphis should crawl out of the hole they dug without Conley if he returns in the next month.
The Magic,Hornets,Lakers and Suns are all more than capable of having a better season record than the Nets(barring tanking)
Atl,Chicago and Dallas are all just terrible esp Chicago so tanking or not you could finish with a better record than them pretty easily.
as bad as Sac has it out west and the downward spiral of LAC who could go full tank I think the worst for CLE this pick lands is 6th.
That of course is banking on The Nets not having anymore injuries,which would easily change that estimation to 1-5.
CaptainCanada
Junior

Post#138 » by CaptainCanada » Wed Dec 6, 2017 3:08 am

Stillwater wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:Brooklyn wins....now 9W-14L...9th worst record in league...can pick slid out of top ten?

Memphis should crawl out of the hole they dug without Conley if he returns in the next month.
The Magic,Hornets,Lakers and Suns are all more than capable of having a better season record than the Nets(barring tanking)
Atl,Chicago and Dallas are all just terrible esp Chicago so tanking or not you could finish with a better record than them pretty easily.
as bad as Sac has it out west and the downward spiral of LAC who could go full tank I think the worst for CLE this pick lands is 6th.
That of course is banking on The Nets not having anymore injuries,which would easily change that estimation to 1-5.

True, I agree with you. Booker in Phoenix just went down and it didn't look good, he might be out for a while. I think Brooklyn really needs D'Angelo Russell back if they want to slip out of top ten bottom feeders.
LEO MESSI
Junior

Post#139 » by LEO MESSI » Thu Dec 7, 2017 10:38 pm

76ers Trade Jahlil Okafor, Nik Stauskas To Nets For Trevor Booker
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#140 » by Stillwater » Thu Dec 7, 2017 11:20 pm

LEO MESSI wrote:76ers Trade Jahlil Okafor, Nik Stauskas To Nets For Trevor Booker

once it is finalized assuming there is no snags, this makes the Nets even worse this year. Win for Cleveland

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers