ImageImageImage

Nets pick watch

Moderator: ijspeelman

CaptainCanada
Junior
And1: 259

Re: Nets pick watch 

Post#201 » by CaptainCanada » Tue Jan 2, 2018 4:39 am

Brooklyn wins 14th game of year....they are on target to win 30 games but have a tough schedule ahead. Okafor still too out of shape, what impact will he and Russell have on team will be interesting. Nets pick currently tied for 9th overall.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#202 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 4, 2018 3:01 am

Nets with a last second win over the wolves playing shorthanded. Win #15
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,802

Post#203 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 4, 2018 3:02 am

CaptainCanada wrote:Brooklyn wins 14th game of year....they are on target to win 30 games but have a tough schedule ahead. Okafor still too out of shape, what impact will he and Russell have on team will be interesting. Nets pick currently tied for 9th overall.

correction buddy. 15 wins. don't worry. more wins will be coming.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#204 » by Paradise » Thu Jan 4, 2018 3:10 am

CaptainCanada wrote:Brooklyn wins 14th game of year....they are on target to win 30 games but have a tough schedule ahead. Okafor still too out of shape, what impact will he and Russell have on team will be interesting. Nets pick currently tied for 9th overall.

Don’t worry. We will beat up Boston for you guys on Saturday.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#205 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 4, 2018 3:12 am

Paradise wrote:

Don’t worry. We will beat up Boston for you guys on Saturday.

http://www.tankathon.com/

and that 9th overall pick... now sitting at 10th overall.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#206 » by Stillwater » Thu Jan 4, 2018 3:25 am

Congratulations Nets stole one there.
This point in the season pick starting to look like 6-9 but will be top 5 when all said and done imo
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#207 » by SpeedyG » Thu Jan 4, 2018 3:59 am

Stillwater wrote:Congratulations Nets stole one there.
This point in the season pick starting to look like 6-9 but will be top 5 when all said and done imo

Stole? We damn TOOK that win from the T-Refs!
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#208 » by Stillwater » Thu Jan 4, 2018 4:11 am

SpeedyG wrote:

Butler blew chance to hit the walk off.Not surprised at the angry response though.
It's hillarious how sensitive losing teams fans are and how excited they get over a win.
Cavs fans just take 13 point losses to Boston in stride because we know we are a legitimate basketball team. We just make a few tweaks at the deadline and it's back to the finals. You on the other hand would be content with anything besides a season reminiscent of the past two.
If we didn't own your pick I doubt you'd be nearly as pumped.
CaptainCanada
Junior

Post#209 » by CaptainCanada » Thu Jan 4, 2018 4:53 am

Stillwater wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:

Butler blew chance to hit the walk off.Not surprised at the angry response though.
It's hillarious how sensitive losing teams fans are and how excited they get over a win.
Cavs fans just take 13 point losses to Boston in stride because we know we are a legitimate basketball team. We just make a few tweaks at the deadline and it's back to the finals. You on the other hand would be content with anything besides a season reminiscent of the past two.

I would laugh so hard if Nets pick falls out of top ten. The pressure is all on the Cavs with LeBron potentially leaving. If they don't win it this year. And too much my chigrin the Celtics will only get stronger in time. I'm a Raptor fan, our division will be the strongest one with even the Nets getting better with Marks at helm, they no longer are a laughing stock team.
CaptainCanada
Junior

Post#210 » by CaptainCanada » Thu Jan 4, 2018 5:00 am

But even if pick drops out of the top ten; there will still be talent to be had. Some can even argue in 2017 some of the best talent was available at end of first round.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#211 » by Stillwater » Thu Jan 4, 2018 5:44 am

CaptainCanada wrote:But even if pick drops out of the top ten; there will still be talent to be had. Some can even argue in 2017 some of the best talent was available at end of first round.
unless the lottery balls go in our favor for a shot at Doncic or Ayton the only reason we'd keep the pick in the 2-6 range is to trade the rookie like we did Wiggins. If it falls 7-12 there are a couple of high risk projects worth gambling on,but we are more likely to trade down and use any picks on a upper classman that can contribute right away while getting someone that can help right away via said trade.
Having the pick is a major asset even at 12,but obviously a mega asset in top 2.
I don't see it factoring into LeBron James decision to remain a Cav regardless.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#212 » by Dupp » Thu Jan 4, 2018 7:43 am

Wolves suck
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,802

Post#213 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 4, 2018 9:51 am

This won't age well.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Antti22
Senior
And1: 233

Post#214 » by Antti22 » Thu Jan 4, 2018 11:05 am

CaptainCanada wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:

I would laugh so hard if Nets pick falls out of top ten. The pressure is all on the Cavs with LeBron potentially leaving. If they don't win it this year. And too much my chigrin the Celtics will only get stronger in time. I'm a Raptor fan, our division will be the strongest one with even the Nets getting better with Marks at helm, they no longer are a laughing stock team.

I am going to laugh so hard when next season all the smug Cavs fans are gone (along with Lebron) and Nets will be finishing higher than the Cavs (for the next 5-10 years) .All the talk about Nets having no future, but in reality the Cavs are one Lebron decision away from being the worst team in the league, AGAIN.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#215 » by Stillwater » Thu Jan 4, 2018 1:25 pm

Antti22 wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Butler blew chance to hit the walk off.Not surprised at the angry response though.

I am going to laugh so hard when next season all the smug Cavs fans are gone (along with Lebron) and Nets will be finishing higher than the Cavs (for the next 5-10 years) .All the talk about Nets having no future, but in reality the Cavs are one Lebron decision away from being the worst team in the league, AGAIN.

I wouldn't count on it , another departure.
The window to contend here is still open for the next few years with simple roster tweaking. After that LeBron will most likely start to decline but still be a double double machine. Yeah if he leaves after we had traded all our assets (unlikely)for win now players on expiring contracts etc and still lost in the finals or worse, we will blow it up over night ,which is why without a LeBron commitment the youth are playing exceptional basketball and are unlikely to be moved either which would put us in a similar situation to what you are right now only still having decent vets and a lottery player.
We would not fall as bad as you did or as bad as we did when LeBron left for SB
DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Post#216 » by DeRoma » Thu Jan 4, 2018 4:01 pm

Stillwater wrote:
Antti22 wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:

The window to contend here is still open for the next few years with simple roster tweaking. After that LeBron will most likely start to decline but still be a double double machine. Yeah if he leaves after we had traded all our assets (unlikely)for win now players on expiring contracts etc and still lost in the finals or worse, we will blow it up over night ,which is why without a LeBron commitment the youth are playing exceptional basketball and are unlikely to be moved either which would put us in a similar situation to what you are right now only still having decent vets and a lottery player.

Idk. I'm not that high on Cavs front office. When Lebron left you guys were literally gifted 3 first overall picks. You guys do not utilize assets very well or even draft talents either. Cavs might be back at the NBA's comedic relief once Lebron is gone again. Even when you guys have Lebron... 1 ring for the most talented player that ever come to play basketball? Really? Honestly I think you need to fix the front office mentality and a complete rebuild and a culture change like what the Nets did when we hired Marks.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,123

Post#217 » by jbk1234 » Thu Jan 4, 2018 6:38 pm

DeRoma wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
Antti22 wrote:

Idk. I'm not that high on Cavs front office. When Lebron left you guys were literally gifted 3 first overall picks. You guys do not utilize assets very well or even draft talents either. Cavs might be back at the NBA's comedic relief once Lebron is gone again. Even when you guys have Lebron... 1 ring for the most talented player that ever come to play basketball? Really? Honestly I think you need to fix the front office mentality and a complete rebuild and a culture change like what the Nets did when we hired Marks.

Two of those picks resulted in Kyrie and Love . I think we'll be fine. I would prefer a rebuild if LBJ leaves though.

In terms of the number of rings, there's the little matter of LBJ leaving for four years and playing for another team.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
DeRoma
Veteran

Post#218 » by DeRoma » Thu Jan 4, 2018 7:08 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
DeRoma wrote:
Stillwater wrote:I wouldn't count on it , another departure.

Two of those picks resulted in Kyrie and Love . I think we'll be fine. I would prefer a rebuild if LBJ leaves though.

In terms of the number of rings, there's the little matter of LBJ leaving for four years and playing for another team.

Kyrie was good but, Love is a shadow of himself ever since he joined the Cavs. Your team fell in love with the name but not a team that will work around Lebron's style of play. IDK I wasn't a fan of Love but maybe Love needed to happened in order for Lebron to come back.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,123

Post#219 » by jbk1234 » Thu Jan 4, 2018 7:10 pm

DeRoma wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
DeRoma wrote:Idk. I'm not that high on Cavs front office. When Lebron left you guys were literally gifted 3 first overall picks. You guys do not utilize assets very well or even draft talents either. Cavs might be back at the NBA's comedic relief once Lebron is gone again. Even when you guys have Lebron... 1 ring for the most talented player that ever come to play basketball? Really? Honestly I think you need to fix the front office mentality and a complete rebuild and a culture change like what the Nets did when we hired Marks.

Kyrie was good but, Love is a shadow of himself ever since he joined the Cavs. Your team fell in love with the name but not a team that will work around Lebron's style of play. IDK I wasn't a fan of Love but maybe Love needed to happened in order for Lebron to come back.

Love's averaging 20 ppg & 10 rpg in 30 mpg this year. We're good with him.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
DeRoma
Veteran

Post#220 » by DeRoma » Thu Jan 4, 2018 7:28 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
DeRoma wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Love's averaging 20 ppg & 10 rpg in 30 mpg this year. We're good with him.

I'm not even talking about that I'm talking about just fit generally. I think you could've gotten something better than him to center lebron. Like I said though i'm not sure Lebron comes back if you guys did not acquire him. At the time he had a huge name.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers