Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Nets pick watch 

Post#221 » by Stillwater » Fri Jan 5, 2018 12:21 am

DeRoma wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
DeRoma wrote:
Kyrie was good but, Love is a shadow of himself ever since he joined the Cavs. Your team fell in love with the name but not a team that will work around Lebron's style of play. IDK I wasn't a fan of Love but maybe Love needed to happened in order for Lebron to come back.

Love's averaging 20 ppg & 10 rpg in 30 mpg this year. We're good with him.

I'm not even talking about that I'm talking about just fit generally. I think you could've gotten something better than him to center lebron. Like I said though i'm not sure Lebron comes back if you guys did not acquire him. At the time he had a huge name.

Love was a 1st option in Minnesota, it stands to reason he would not have the same impact as the 3rd option behind James and Irving since coming here, but having a 1st option player as your 3rd option is what made this team so efficient. He is the 2nd option and will be the 3rd once IT3 is back to full strength. It's not about the numbers it's about the impact within the unit. He is now hurt though so it should be easy for IT3 to transition into the 2nd option role and Love will fall back into his 3rd option role when he returns.
I think IT3 and this team as constructed will be better than when Irving was here,making both IT3 and Love dual 2nd option threats as opposed to with Irving,given his propensity to play iso dominant basketball instead of getting his team involved and into their rhythm which Irving failed to do here nearly as much as he looked for his own shot.Irving was a much to blame for Loves numbers being down as anyone.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#222 » by Stillwater » Fri Jan 5, 2018 1:44 pm

Expecting the pick to climb into the 4-7 range over next 20 or so games.
CaptainCanada
Junior
And1: 259

Post#223 » by CaptainCanada » Tue Jan 9, 2018 4:32 am

The Nets having been losing but look good. Against Boston they lost by 2pts, Raptors in OT.
CaptainCanada
Junior

Post#224 » by CaptainCanada » Tue Jan 9, 2018 4:32 am

The Nets having been losing but look good. Against Boston they lost by 2pts, Raptors in OT.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#225 » by Stillwater » Tue Jan 9, 2018 5:41 pm

Currently 8th and dropping ( or climbing as it were)
CaptainCanada
Junior

Post#226 » by CaptainCanada » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:51 am

Nets lose another tight one, in overtime to Washington. Pick now tied for 7th overall.
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#227 » by gflem » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:34 pm

Cavs are working really hard to make their pick more valuable as well.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#228 » by Stillwater » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:58 pm

gflem wrote:Cavs are working really hard to make their pick more valuable as well.

OK I'll bite.
That is actually pretty smart isn't it, not that I agree intention has anything to do with pick placement. Anyone who has watched enough of this team knows our defensive issues are lack of interest and the age factor requiring longer recovery times forcing sacrificing taking losses even if the end result is a 7th seed instead of a high seed.This team is old, so they play accordingly. It will be interesting too see if the bad habits carry over into the playoffs, but my guess is they will not with longer rest times between games etc.
I don't care that we are basically the worst defense on paper, when I look at the 1st 1/4 of the Indiana game as a reference to what this team can do defensively when the switch is flipped.Despite seeing it in the regular season will be like an anomaly.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#229 » by Stillwater » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:55 am

up to 7th
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,369

Post#230 » by baldur » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:15 pm

cleveland can feel victorious if it falls in top 7. pick mo bamba or jaren jackson and call it home.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#231 » by Stillwater » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:02 pm

Alot of people expect them to stay in 6-10 range due to late season tanking. I think they are proving to be bad enough that it won't matter.
They can't finish games even when they hang with teams.No clutch Gene there.
5 is the most likely spot even with SAC, ATL and ORL being worse and the possibility another team tanks hard late like MEMPHIS. The Lakers won't tank.
CaptainCanada
Junior

Post#232 » by CaptainCanada » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:01 am

Brooklyn beats Miami. Now 17w-29L....and pick sits at #8. Russell D'Angelo has been practicing and should be back soon.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#233 » by Stillwater » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:55 pm

Pick is at 7 they are neck and neck with Phoenix for the 7&8 seed with Memphis playing a lot better and will soon pass them.
Russell coming back should equate to more losses as well because much of their ability to stay in games win or lose has come when Dinwidie plays good who is a much better defender.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,829

Post#234 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:39 pm

we just rattled off two in a row and are now 2 games from tying last season's win total and its not even ASB yet.

you guys should really consider trading that pick.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#235 » by Stillwater » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:19 am

MrDollarBills wrote:we just rattled off two in a row and are now 2 games from tying last season's win total and its not even ASB yet.

The way the Cav's have regressed with IT3 it wouldn't surprise me. But despite being 6 games off the 8th seed you are 4 losses from being dead last. I'll take those odds if the return isn't substantial.
CaptainCanada
Junior

Post#236 » by CaptainCanada » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:59 am

Stillwater wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:we just rattled off two in a row and are now 2 games from tying last season's win total and its not even ASB yet.

The way the Cav's have regressed with IT3 it wouldn't surprise me. But despite being 6 games off the 8th seed you are 4 losses from being dead last. I'll take those odds if the return isn't substantial.

Its interesting how this year's bottom teams are panning out. I thought for sure at the bottom would be Chicago and Indiana; and the Nets would be a .400 team. They are a .400 team, but they aren't too far from the bottom still....and still a darkhorse for playoffs. I just don't know where the Nets are going to end up.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#237 » by TheNetsFan » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:44 pm

The Nets schedule lightens up considerably beginning in February. I'm pleasantly surprised that they've done as well as they have in January. I thought this month was going to be a blood bath. The Nets are on pace for 31 wins, and in all likelihood will finish around with a low 30s (31-34) win total. Based on historical norms, they'll be bunched up with a number of teams & the pick will wind up in the 7-10 range. That is of course barring any major buying/selling of talent.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,127

Post#238 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:23 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:The Nets schedule lightens up considerably beginning in February. I'm pleasantly surprised that they've done as well as they have in January. I thought this month was going to be a blood bath. The Nets are on pace for 31 wins, and in all likelihood will finish around with a low 30s (31-34) win total. Based on historical norms, they'll be bunched up with a number of teams & the pick will wind up in the 7-10 range. That is of course barring any major buying/selling of talent.

I think the Nets' March schedule is pretty brutal tbh.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#239 » by TheNetsFan » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:39 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:The Nets schedule lightens up considerably beginning in February. I'm pleasantly surprised that they've done as well as they have in January. I thought this month was going to be a blood bath. The Nets are on pace for 31 wins, and in all likelihood will finish around with a low 30s (31-34) win total. Based on historical norms, they'll be bunched up with a number of teams & the pick will wind up in the 7-10 range. That is of course barring any major buying/selling of talent.

March? 7 of 14 March games are against lottery teams & only 1 back to back. 3 games against bottom 4 teams, & 2 against a potentially Kemba-less Hornets team. It's also the time of year where those teams that have their pick & have been eliminated from the playoffs start prioritizing getting young guys playing time over wins.

I'm not saying the Nets that the Nets are winning 75% of their games, but they should at least maintain a roughly 40% win percentage. We're talking like 6-8 for the month.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,127

Post#240 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:47 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

March? 7 of 14 March games are against lottery teams & only 1 back to back. 3 games against bottom 4 teams, & 2 against a potentially Kemba-less Hornets team. It's also the time of year where those teams that have their pick & have been eliminated from the playoffs start prioritizing getting young guys playing time over wins.

I'm not saying the Nets that the Nets are winning 75% of their games, but they should at least maintain a roughly 40% win percentage. We're talking like 6-8 for the month.

I count nine likely loses assuming you beat the Hornets twice.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers