Re: Nets pick watch 

Post#541 » by Dupp » Sun Apr 8, 2018 2:40 am

Heat and bucks wins hurt a lot
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#542 » by Stillwater » Sun Apr 8, 2018 3:12 am

Odds are significantly stacked against us at this point but I will never give up until all games have completed imo it's a competitive league and anything short of that is definitely bad for the league. If teams are putting garbage on the floor and losing but playing hard there's nothing that can be done unless it's bad for the league which it is. I fully expect the Bulls to get punished for it as well as Dallas. If they are not then the commissioner is not a man of his word.
Will it change the order **** no. Could it increase the karma so we win the **** lottery absolutely
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,369

Post#543 » by baldur » Sun Apr 8, 2018 6:06 am

**** Chicago rested their lottery pick half of the season. Let the guy develop and gain experience. Smh.
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,369

Post#544 » by baldur » Sun Apr 8, 2018 6:08 am

Cavs must drop one of the nyk games for whatever it takes . At 8, you can still have bamba, young or bridges.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#545 » by Stillwater » Sun Apr 8, 2018 12:37 pm

baldur wrote:Cavs must drop one of the nyk games for whatever it takes . At 8, you can still have bamba, young or bridges.

The pick is not valuable enough to be getting traded for a Kemba rental or similar unless Nets lose out bulls win out etc. The odds Bamba falls are better than some of the others but still has Gobert length so it's unlikely he is around after 5.
Young would provide some 4th quarter heroics but unless he grows longer arms and gets a lot stronger this summer he is not getting any significant minutes on a playoff roster as a rookie. Exaple- Monk just now started getting minutes and is doing well, but he can't defend either.
Don't see us losing to NY unless we are conceding the seeding for 3rd.
Now is all there is at this point. **** Boston **** Brooklyn **** the rest of the NBA.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#546 » by Stillwater » Sun Apr 8, 2018 6:31 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/draft_simulator/view/466595/
If we fall to 9th , and we are lucky in the order where Orlando is looking at Young(biggest need) Bamba(raw) and Porter(injury issue)
I think they will take Young or maybe reach on Sexton. This could be good for us as neither Sac nor the Bulls would likely pass on either Bamba or Porter leaving Sexton or Young for NY, assuming they would take either over Mikal and others.
If we can trade down at that point I'd do it, But if not, Mikal is a high floor 2-way option worth grabbing as opposed to likes of Carter,Knox Miles Bridges etc I'm not sold this org feels that way though. My guess in that situation they would definitely consider it, but could easily opt for Miles or if they are impressed enough might reach on SGA or Trent Jr.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,491

Post#547 » by Patsfan1081 » Sun Apr 8, 2018 8:19 pm

Chicago resting Markkanen was kind of sleazy.... Nets have Chicago and Boston, who will prob rest everyone left.
axeman23
Analyst
And1: 3,081

Post#548 » by axeman23 » Sun Apr 8, 2018 11:29 pm

Patsfan1081 wrote:Chicago resting Markkanen was kind of sleazy.... Nets have Chicago and Boston, who will prob rest everyone left.

Gotta rest those old bones... :lol:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#549 » by Stillwater » Mon Apr 9, 2018 12:14 am

Pacers are 1 1/2 games behind us and they have 1 game left so we can afford to lose only 1 of the NY games or will drop to 5th in the standings not that it matters much but I hate the way we play Indiana in Indiana so would rather see us take care of business tomorrow and rest everyone except Okaro White, London Parantis,John Holland,Cedi and Zizic. Maybe give TT some minutes otherwise handing NY the 9 seed.
Dallas has managed to get in a tie for 3rd with the ATL win over Boston starters today and we are currently tied with the Bulls at 7th.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#550 » by Stillwater » Mon Apr 9, 2018 2:59 am

So lets assume we end up 8th and get pushed to 9 or end up at 9 outright and don't get pushed down.
With only prospects like Sexton,Miles Bridges and Carter that may prove to have higher value than 9th longterm I would not be at all displeased if we pass on those 3 in favor of trading down with Phoenix for 16,17th picks. Say they draft Doncic at 1 and want to move up to take Carter or Robinson to get there 5 man or if they take Ayton at 1 they want to trade up for Sexton etc.
This mock to me gets us exactly what we need 2 high level defenders 1 in Zhaire Smith with extreme athletic ability and elite length for a guard and a high ceiling offensively with good tools that need developed, imo he can easily create scoring opportunities for us and be the recipient of plenty of lobs from LBJ and others in yr 1. Khyri Thomas is my favorite player in this draft outside the lottery, who has a significantly advanced and balanced 2-way skillset and one of the purist strokes in the draft.He is also long for only 6'3".
to me it would not get any better for us than getting both these prospects unless we win a top 3 spot and consequently a tier 1 prospect.
Here is my ideal draft for us if we are at 9. https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/draft_simulator/view/466779/
Here are some links to vids on both Khyri Thomas and Zhaire Smith:
KT big east dpoy write up http://www.omaha.com/creighton/mens-basketball/creighton-s-khyri-thomas-is-again-the-big-east-s/article_c030766f-8cbb-5a42-b13d-61c67b3b8634.html
KT defense https://youtu.be/exhk1JKQOk8
KT offense https://youtu.be/0DFh4N4_z1U
KT 2017 defense [co dpoy] https://youtu.be/L51xuwgcc-k?t=10
ZS
https://youtu.be/kL34P2luncU
https://youtu.be/6n8GXsMa5sA
throwback to age 15 https://youtu.be/681wriIcb5g

after watching these videos again I would be fine with taking either at 9 if we can't trade down esp. Smith for the upside which I think is just as high as anyone else projected in that range.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#551 » by Stillwater » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:07 am

Crabbe is **** stomping Bulls 5-7 from deep in first 10 minutes. Figures
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,801

Post#552 » by yoyoboy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:44 am

Hello Wendell Carter. **** the Bulls and their blatant tanking. It's laughable that they're only going to get the 7th pick with that garbage roster.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#553 » by Stillwater » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:50 am

^If we pick Carter I will disown the Cavs forever
Zhaire, Khyri, hell even Anfernee Simons unproven game is more appealing.
CaptainCanada
Junior
And1: 259

Post#554 » by CaptainCanada » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:52 am

Will Cavs let Knicks win last game of regular season?
yoyoboy
RealGM

Post#555 » by yoyoboy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:06 am

Stillwater wrote:^If we pick Carter I will disown the Cavs forever

I'm still praying for the slim chance that Bridges falls. There are a lot of clueless franchises ahead of us, which is why you see the same teams continually in the lottery - Kings, Magic, Suns, Knicks... If someone reaches on Sexton or Carter, Bridges could be there.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#556 » by Stillwater » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:00 am

yoyoboy wrote:
Stillwater wrote:^If we pick Carter I will disown the Cavs forever

I'm still praying for the slim chance that Bridges falls. There are a lot of clueless franchises ahead of us, which is why you see the same teams continually in the lottery - Kings, Magic, Suns, Knicks... If someone reaches on Sexton or Carter, Bridges could be there.

Bridges is a high floor player, but he also has his flaws off the bounce and might struggle to defend bigger 3's despite his high level of defense in college so I'm not sure he can defend the 3 as well at the next level, he might be a little over rated in that projection , but he is a solid 2-way roll player in that range of the players available as far as playing within himself, and maybe seeing the floor as a rookie on this roster.
I just think there is a stronger possibility we will swing for a higher upside player even if Mikal is available.
Definitely do not see Carter's under the rim game being appealing given our roster construction,if anything we might see Young fall to us and this org falling in love with his offense. I just hope he isn't the wrong Curry once he gets in the wine and gold.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#557 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:29 am

Stillwater wrote:Markkanen better **** play in the next 1

He did and RHJ smacked him around and he was a complete non factor.

maybe if the Cavs took care of business and beat the nets the first meeting of the year they wouldnt need to rely on a horrible bulls team to get that pick to be worse then it is.
yoyoboy
RealGM

Post#558 » by yoyoboy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:50 am

Prokorov wrote:

maybe if the Cavs took care of business and beat the nets the first meeting of the year they wouldnt need to rely on a horrible bulls team to get that pick to be worse then it is.

Dude get outta here. You don't come to another team's forum to troll. Congratulations, you guys beat a team TRYING to lose. Look at the Bulls' 4Q lineup. Portis was taken out because he was doing too well. Lauri didn't play a single minute of the 4th. Asik actually played significant minutes which is a total joke. As did Felicio who's completely awful. Lopez got the DNP. Dunn and others are being held out with fake injuries. They left Crabbe open all night long despite him being hot.

28-29 wins in a season where 1/3 of the league is intentionally doing all they can to lose games is nothing to brag about. Phoenix might be the worst team I've ever seen outside of the 2012 Bobcats and 2016 Sixers and they even managed 20.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#559 » by Stillwater » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:15 am

Prokorov wrote:

Yep the victory is yours congrats. Not sure what your proud of given it's us that has a top 10 pick and you are a bottom feeder picking late first.
Andy123
Pro Prospect
And1: 312

Post#560 » by Andy123 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:36 am

Stillwater wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Yep the victory is yours congrats. Not sure what your proud of given it's us that has a top 10 pick and you are a bottom feeder picking late first.

He's proud of RHJ that is obvious .. nothing wrong with that.
I enjoy contributing ideas in a discussion towatds a solution , not interested in debates or arguments.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers