Moderator: ijspeelman

dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,963

Re: how cavs get a replacement for isiah thomas 

Post#41 » by dshearn » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:55 am

Patsfan1081 wrote:
KuruptedCav wrote:
yesh wrote:If I'm Boston, I say the deal is the deal. You can break it or we can sign on the dotted line, but no more assets are heading your way. If you'd rather Bledsoe and Bender and a FRP knock yourselves out. At a push I'd maybe give up a 2nd rounder, but Cavs must also know that the Celts deal is the best one they'll be offered.

IT will be playing to get paid so there is no concern he's all emo and not trying.

That's just it, if he can play, he will be playing to get paid. Had he had surgery in June and were ready in November, it'd be a non-issue.

The problem is, he very well might not be playing. He may have a progression of injuries that results in surgery in December and leaves him unavailable for the remainder of the season.

Cavs need a PG in April. That's a lot of downside risk. If the deal doesn't go down and Thomas injury scuttles Boston's season instead of Cleveland; Ainge will have cost the Celts a trip to the finals...

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

How do you know that, or even the extent of Thomas's injury at all? You really believe he would have taken the longer road to recovery in a contract year? For all we know he could still be on path to to make the first game of the season. People seem to be assuming things with little info on the matter.

How does he know something "might" or "may"

I would guess by the way the cavs went all ...hold on a second......

Better questions is how do you know that this scenario "may" or "might" not be correct?
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Post#42 » by KuruptedCav » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:55 am

Patsfan1081 wrote:
KuruptedCav wrote:
yesh wrote:If I'm Boston, I say the deal is the deal. You can break it or we can sign on the dotted line, but no more assets are heading your way. If you'd rather Bledsoe and Bender and a FRP knock yourselves out. At a push I'd maybe give up a 2nd rounder, but Cavs must also know that the Celts deal is the best one they'll be offered.

IT will be playing to get paid so there is no concern he's all emo and not trying.

That's just it, if he can play, he will be playing to get paid. Had he had surgery in June and were ready in November, it'd be a non-issue.

The problem is, he very well might not be playing. He may have a progression of injuries that results in surgery in December and leaves him unavailable for the remainder of the season.

Cavs need a PG in April. That's a lot of downside risk. If the deal doesn't go down and Thomas injury scuttles Boston's season instead of Cleveland; Ainge will have cost the Celts a trip to the finals...

How do you know that, or even the extent of Thomas's injury at all? You really believe he would have taken the longer road to recovery in a contract year? For all we know he could still be on path to to make the first game of the season. People seem to be assuming things with little info on the matter.

How do I know that someone who has a femoral-acetabular impingement and labrum tear would be better off with surgery? Google.

The labrum tear cannot heal on its own. The treatment he is attempting is to strengthen the surrounding muscles to take the pressure off of it. We'll see, if he makes it, he'll have bucked the trend.

Here is a solid read on Labrum tears and notes that with an impingement the procedure involves more. http://instreetclothes.com/2015/11/18/understanding-hip-labrum-injuries-in-the-nba/

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,170

Post#43 » by jbk1234 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:01 am

Yeah I'm going to just lock this because it's redundant with the other thread.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers