Cavs v. Hawks (preseason) 7:00

Moderator: ijspeelman

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,130

Re: Cavs v. Hawks (preseason) 7:00 

Post#41 » by jbk1234 » Thu Oct 5, 2017 1:07 am

I don't understand how NBA guards can be so bad at making timely entry passes to the post.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#42 » by Stillwater » Thu Oct 5, 2017 2:24 am

Definitely missed Shumps Defense on the 2nd unit after the injury early.
Osman showed some nice court awareness and passing, but also made some typical rookie mistakes.
Felder looks even worse than he did last season,of course there wan't anyone to bail him out either. I don't think he has much trade value at all at this point unfortunately. imo have to waive Felder and Calderon F the tax hit . No point in keeping players under contract that will never see the floor anyway. I think this would make the most sense allow them to retain Tavares and potentially add another impact player like Liggins to the 2nd 2-way contract.If they are not interested in bringing back Liggins, (but they probably are esp if Shump is out now for awhile)but if not I would look at Iowa st. transfer and unsigned 4 yr college player Deonte Burton the undersized forward/center is explosive as hell and can play either forward spot at this level hitting a good % from deep and attacking the rim with no regard for human life.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#43 » by Dupp » Thu Oct 5, 2017 3:26 am

jbk1234 wrote:I don't understand how NBA guards can be so bad at making timely entry passes to the post.

Kyrie, please respond
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#44 » by Dupp » Fri Oct 6, 2017 9:17 pm

Just watched the first quarter. We looked ok, what happened?

Love gone grey over the offseason? Does his Marc gasol haircut make him think he'll defend like Marc?

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers