Moderator: ijspeelman

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,143

Preseason Game 5 Cavs. v. Magic 

Post#1 » by jbk1234 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:03 pm

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Re: Preseason Game 5 Cavs. v. Magic 

Post#2 » by Dupp » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:14 pm

That sucks.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#3 » by Stillwater » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:17 pm

was hoping for the Calderon waiving myself over the felder waiving but instead they found a trade to save 12mil.
RJ looked really slowed down even from last season. hate to see him go,but we needed to move players with no shot at the rotation /no future here anyway.
so I wonder whats's next on the trade list,probably nothing until december.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
CaptainCanada
Junior
And1: 259

Post#4 » by CaptainCanada » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:27 pm

Atleast Cleveland didn't have to throw in a first rounder like Toronto did to get rid of Demarre Carroll. Good move by Cavs if Jefferson looks out of shape; although I'm a Jefferson fan.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#5 » by Dupp » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:04 am

Korver can't hit anything...
afarmenian
Analyst
And1: 3,504

Post#6 » by afarmenian » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:23 am

CaptainCanada wrote:Atleast Cleveland didn't have to throw in a first rounder like Toronto did to get rid of Demarre Carroll. Good move by Cavs if Jefferson looks out of shape; although I'm a Jefferson fan.

where did you hear that?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,143

Post#7 » by jbk1234 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:25 am

Stillwater wrote:was hoping for the Calderon waiving myself over the felder waiving but instead they found a trade to save 12mil.
RJ looked really slowed down even from last season. hate to see him go,but we needed to move players with no shot at the rotation /no future here anyway.

Just an FYI that $12 million is inflated. Most of Felder's contract wasn't guaranteed. Hawks bought a second round pick here for about $3 million actual cap space (Cavs sent them the $ to cover the costs of paying them).

Calderon's contract is entirely guaranteed but I'm hopeful the F.O. sees what we see. He can be traded on Dec. 15th.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
CaptainCanada
Junior
And1: 259

Post#8 » by CaptainCanada » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:13 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:was hoping for the Calderon waiving myself over the felder waiving but instead they found a trade to save 12mil.

Just an FYI that $12 million is inflated. Most of Felder's contract wasn't guaranteed. Hawks bought a second round pick here for about $3 million actual cap space (Cavs sent them the $ to cover the costs of paying them).

Calderon's contract is entirely guaranteed but I'm hopeful the F.O. sees what we see. He can be traded on Dec. 15th.

Calderon is money from three....I hope Cav's keep him.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#9 » by Stillwater » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:03 pm

CaptainCanada wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Calderon is money from three....I hope Cav's keep him.

I don't , he is a smart player with the ball in his hands and was a legit outside threat for years,now not so much. Add that his defense is pretty awful makes him unusable without a defense first sg next to him,which makes the back court weak offensively .Rookie Osman who is already drawing double teams threw a pass out of a double team to where Calderon should have moved too,and he looked dumbfounded as the ball went sailing by him 3 feet away. He can't play without the ball imo.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers