ImageImageImage

2018 OFFSEASON REBUILD

Moderator: ijspeelman

Freighttrain
Analyst
And1: 7,080

Re: 2018 OFFSEASON REBUILD 

Post#21 » by Freighttrain » Mon Jul 2, 2018 9:32 am

obispo wrote:you may check cedi's games with turkish national team. it is clear that he is improving himself consistently. last night he played with 11 rebs and generally scoring 20+. I hope he can find a place to himself in rebuilding cavs.

Cedi's game always showed when he was on the court. It was clear as day this kid has potential. Except Lue seemed to think JR was more beneficial. Maybe time to start over with a coach that can develop young players, since we're in rebuilding mode.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#22 » by Stillwater » Tue Jul 3, 2018 5:07 pm

If we move Hill and Smith and Love for draft assets this summer(unlikely)
This is a lottery team but not a bottom dweller.
Sexton/Clarkson
Hood/Korver(moved at deadline possible)
Osman/Holland
Nance/White/Preston
Thompson/Zizic
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#23 » by Revenged25 » Tue Jul 3, 2018 5:58 pm

Stillwater wrote:If we move Hill and Smith and Love for draft assets this summer(unlikely)
This is a lottery team but not a bottom dweller.
Sexton/Clarkson
Hood/Korver(moved at deadline possible)
Osman/Holland
Nance/White/Preston
Thompson/Zizic

What about Hill+JR for Lee/THJ/2019 1st top 3 protected? I think I would do that trade. Heck I'd even look to take on Noah if they would make the pick unprotected and add in some 2nds.

With reports that Irving + Butler want to play together, I could see the Knicks looking to clear a lot of cap space to try to lure Irving + Butler with max deals next year to pair with Knox and Zingas.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#24 » by Stillwater » Tue Jul 3, 2018 7:07 pm

Starting to think that this team is going to look much the same as it did at the end of the season with the front office hoping they can be the non-lebron ball team that we saw in the first 2 games after the trade deadline.
It will be interesting as that will certainly move Smith out of the rotation completely and Korver is likely benched as well.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
InTheNBADraft
Sophomore
And1: 67

Post#25 » by InTheNBADraft » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:33 pm

I hope this is the right thread. I'm just curious, what do you guys think about the report that you could've traded for Doncic in the draft?
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#26 » by Revenged25 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:42 pm

InTheNBADraft wrote:I hope this is the right thread. I'm just curious, what do you guys think about the report that you could've traded for Doncic in the draft?

Considering the Cavs were unable to work out Doncic IIRC and who knows if Doncic would've been willing to come to Cleveland and play and might just refuse instead staying in Europe another year. Also the Cavs had extensive workouts with Sexton and several other players, and probably could've found a trade that would've netted one of them instead, but felt confident in what Sexton would bring to the Cavs. I'm fine with passing on Doncic considering the price it likely would've cost to move up and get him.
InTheNBADraft
Sophomore
And1: 67

Post#27 » by InTheNBADraft » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:26 pm

Thanks for the response!
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,982

Post#28 » by jbk1234 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:40 pm

InTheNBADraft wrote:I hope this is the right thread. I'm just curious, what do you guys think about the report that you could've traded for Doncic in the draft?

I may be proven very wrong but I'd like to see some evidence that Doncic can guard NBA-caliber wings before losing any sleep over it. I remember watching Jimmer in the NCAA tournament and watching one college guard after another just blow by him. The crowd erupted after every made three and I remember thinking this guy is going to flat out bust.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers