Lebron James Appreciation Thread

Moderator: ijspeelman

TeK
Assistant Coach
And1: 984

Post#1 » by TeK » Mon Jul 2, 2018 12:35 am

Farewell, King.
DuckIII wrote:As for New York (Knicks), they stunk because they stink and the roster looks disjointed and nonsensical because it is.
willywazza
Bench Warmer
And1: 412

Re: Lebron James Appreciation Thread 

Post#2 » by willywazza » Mon Jul 2, 2018 12:54 am

He gave this city a much needed championship and broke the drought.

He will always be remembered for that accomplishment.
Mr Loggins
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,408

Post#3 » by Mr Loggins » Mon Jul 2, 2018 1:00 am

i gained a lot of respect for him
th last 4 years; not for anything on the court (though thank you for 2016) but for all his charity work he does

best of luck LeBron
D.Brasco
General Manager
And1: 9,350

Post#4 » by D.Brasco » Mon Jul 2, 2018 2:07 am

PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#5 » by PDXKnight » Mon Jul 2, 2018 2:20 am

It's tough to see him leave cleveland, I was REALLY hoping he would stay. Anyhow 2016 was amazing, that year was such a memorable finals for NBA fans everywhere!
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#6 » by Stillwater » Mon Jul 2, 2018 2:40 am

Torn, really. I mean sure glad for the 1 championship but was hungry to keep trying...Maybe if LA wan't so gd overrated as a place to live I could accept it as a reasonable move. I'll chalk it up to better weather, despite the air pollution and bikinis worn by both men and women damn confused californians
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Trailbreaker
Junior
And1: 115

Post#7 » by Trailbreaker » Mon Jul 2, 2018 2:49 am

Thank you for 2016, Mr. James. Beat a team that won 73 games while being down 3-1.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#8 » by gom » Mon Jul 2, 2018 3:00 am

One time in 2016, I was visiting Cedar Point (great coaster park, by the way, before you ask... Steel Vengeance is my favorite followed by Millenium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, and Maverick) and noticed hundreds of kids in Cavs jerseys. I know you always see a lot, but this was a flood. They were all young people, high school age, 15-17 or so. I asked a young woman if she enjoyed the Finals, and she admitted she didn't really watch basketball. So, I asked, "Why are you wearing a jersey?"

She said she was part of a group of 700+ local youths who received scholarships from LeBron for good citizenship and/or grades. Until that time, I wasn't much convinced about LeBron's "I'm going home" explanation to dump the Heat. Frankly, I was still a little salty, though the reversal of 3-1 was heroic. That day did it though. I saw the Decision 2 through new eyes.

LeBron is a helluva basketball player but an even better man. Thumbs up to all Cavs fans that feel the same.

P.S. You don't even need your seat in Steel Vengeance, do you?
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#9 » by Dupp » Mon Jul 2, 2018 3:11 am

Goat
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Post#10 » by KuruptedCav » Mon Jul 2, 2018 4:42 am

Made up for the decision, all is good. I hope he finds his way back to the Cavs at the end of his career for a farewell game.

Go Cavs.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
KidPistol
Sixth Man
And1: 1,510

Post#11 » by KidPistol » Mon Jul 2, 2018 5:05 am

I’ll admit, this rivalry will still be alive and well with the Cavs. Even with LeBron gone, I’ll miss LeBron playing his absolute best and giving it all against Golden State. It will definitely go down in NBA history as one of the greatest rivalries ever. With that being said, the Cavs have something to look forward to. Sexton is an awesome young player, as well as Love can now show what he can do once again leading a team. They also have awesome cap space now that LBJ is gone. Time to rebuild and maybe find another LeBron.
The scariest question in NBA history.

"Can Stephen Curry get better?"
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,947

Post#12 » by DonaldSanders » Mon Jul 2, 2018 5:11 am

RIP Cavs, remember the good times
wiper
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#13 » by wiper » Mon Jul 2, 2018 6:30 am

KidPistol wrote:I’ll admit, this rivalry will still be alive and well with the Cavs. Even with LeBron gone, I’ll miss LeBron playing his absolute best and giving it all against Golden State. It will definitely go down in NBA history as one of the greatest rivalries ever. With that being said, the Cavs have something to look forward to. Sexton is an awesome young player, as well as Love can now show what he can do once again leading a team. They also have awesome cap space now that LBJ is gone. Time to rebuild and maybe find another LeBron.

cap space?
KidPistol
Sixth Man
And1: 1,510

Post#14 » by KidPistol » Mon Jul 2, 2018 6:32 am

wiper wrote:
KidPistol wrote:I’ll admit, this rivalry will still be alive and well with the Cavs. Even with LeBron gone, I’ll miss LeBron playing his absolute best and giving it all against Golden State. It will definitely go down in NBA history as one of the greatest rivalries ever. With that being said, the Cavs have something to look forward to. Sexton is an awesome young player, as well as Love can now show what he can do once again leading a team. They also have awesome cap space now that LBJ is gone. Time to rebuild and maybe find another LeBron.

cap space?

36m in cap is a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The scariest question in NBA history.

"Can Stephen Curry get better?"
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#15 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jul 2, 2018 6:38 am

KidPistol wrote:
wiper wrote:

cap space?

36m in cap is a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call the Nuggets, got a couple expirings and a 1st to put towards your rebuild.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Freighttrain
Analyst
And1: 7,080

Post#16 » by Freighttrain » Mon Jul 2, 2018 9:28 am

Not gonna lie, I cried after game 7. Farewell goat.

TheProdigy
Starter
And1: 1,015

Post#17 » by TheProdigy » Mon Jul 2, 2018 12:09 pm

Freighttrain wrote:Not gonna lie, I cried after game 7. Farewell goat.

Someone needs to turn this into a gif with the goat walking forward, bringing into view Michael Jordan riding on the goat's back. MJ is smiling and holding up his hands showing off his 6 rings.
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,801

Post#18 » by yoyoboy » Mon Jul 2, 2018 12:34 pm

Very tough. I don't think a player has ever meant as much to a city as LeBron has to Cleveland. I don't have any ill will towards him and I'll always be grateful for 2016, the work he put in on the court day in and day out, and all his off the court charity work and giving. But at the end of the day I can't lie I'm pretty damn disappointed he was so willing to join and commit long term to a bad Lakers team playing alongside guys like McGee and Lance, and having to deal with the LaVar circus, rather than stay here in Cleveland, at least for one more year to give the franchise the chance to improve in summer 2019 when they get out of contracts like JR's and Hill's. Especially seeing that he's throwing away this season in LA anyways.
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Post#19 » by KuruptedCav » Mon Jul 2, 2018 12:37 pm

DaKidKG wrote:
Freighttrain wrote:Not gonna lie, I cried after game 7. Farewell goat.

Someone needs to turn this into a gif with the goat walking forward, bringing into view Michael Jordan riding on the goat's back. MJ is smiling and holding up his hands showing off his 6 rings.

Yeah, but Lebron did it without gambling on the game, gambling on everything else, and without the litany of extramarital affairs that makes parents cringe when their kids say they want to be like Mike.

Instead, Lebron did it by elevating a city (Akron) and making meaningful change in hundreds of kids lives that will pay dividends in the community. He did it by attending his kids games, by being close with Savannah and Gloria, and generally staying out of the tabloids.

Basketball is a game. Michael Jordan can be the best at it. But he’s not the

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#20 » by Revenged25 » Mon Jul 2, 2018 1:37 pm

gom wrote:One time in 2016, I was visiting Cedar Point (great coaster park, by the way, before you ask... Steel Vengeance is my favorite followed by Millenium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, and Maverick) and noticed hundreds of kids in Cavs jerseys. I know you always see a lot, but this was a flood. They were all young people, high school age, 15-17 or so. I asked a young woman if she enjoyed the Finals, and she admitted she didn't really watch basketball. So, I asked, "Why are you wearing a jersey?"

She said she was part of a group of 700+ local youths who received scholarships from LeBron for good citizenship and/or grades. Until that time, I wasn't much convinced about LeBron's "I'm going home" explanation to dump the Heat. Frankly, I was still a little salty, though the reversal of 3-1 was heroic. That day did it though. I saw the Decision 2 through new eyes.

LeBron is a helluva basketball player but an even better man. Thumbs up to all Cavs fans that feel the same.

P.S. You don't even need your seat in Steel Vengeance, do you?

Awesome story.

I was probably one of the few that didn't want LeBron back and then when the Kyrie/LeBron spat occurred and Kyrie wanted out, I would've preferred if we could've kept Kyrie instead of LeBron, but I will always respect what he does on the court and that he helped get the Cavs a title. Best of luck to him in LA, he's probably going to need it.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers