Post#1 » by ducler » Wed Mar 6, 2019 11:27 pm

Read on Twitter
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
And1: 21,102

Re: Game 65: Cleveland Cavaliers (16-48) @ Brooklyn Nets (33-33) - 7:30 PM ET 

Post#2 » by jbk1234 » Thu Mar 7, 2019 12:49 am

These unforced turnovers aren't helping.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs

Post#3 » by jbk1234 » Thu Mar 7, 2019 2:15 am

If the Cavs can lock in Nwaba to a team friendly deal this summer, they should do so.

It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs

Post#4 » by jbk1234 » Thu Mar 7, 2019 2:17 am

Chriss and Staukas on the other hand are tank machines.

taikibansei
Analyst
And1: 6,442

Post#5 » by taikibansei » Thu Mar 7, 2019 2:18 am

jbk1234 wrote:If the Cavs can lock in Nwaba to a team friendly deal this summer, they should do so.

Is this game a fluke, or has he had a number of games like this since going to the Cavs?
Read on Twitter
taikibansei
Analyst

Post#6 » by taikibansei » Thu Mar 7, 2019 2:41 am

Brutal fourth quarter.....

Read on Twitter
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs

Post#7 » by jbk1234 » Thu Mar 7, 2019 2:53 am

taikibansei wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:If the Cavs can lock in Nwaba to a team friendly deal this summer, they should do so.

Is this game a fluke, or has he had a number of games like this since going to the Cavs?
He was injured for a long time. You're not going to get this much offense from him but he's a good defender and rebounder.

jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs

Post#8 » by jbk1234 » Thu Mar 7, 2019 2:55 am

taikibansei wrote:Brutal fourth quarter.....
I have to think that leaving Stauskas in against the Nets guards was a tank move. He can't guard any of them.

taikibansei
Analyst

Post#9 » by taikibansei » Thu Mar 7, 2019 2:57 am

jbk1234 wrote:
taikibansei wrote:Brutal fourth quarter.....
I have to think that leaving Stauskas in against the Nets guards was a tank move. He can't guard any of them.

Did Nwaba play in the fourth quarter? Seemed strange not to ride his offense (and defense) a bit longer as well....

Read on Twitter
taikibansei
Analyst

Post#10 » by taikibansei » Thu Mar 7, 2019 2:58 am

It's Kevin Love vs. the Nets at this point....

Read on Twitter
Stillwater
General Manager
And1: 2,548

Post#11 » by Stillwater » Thu Mar 7, 2019 2:13 pm

Nets aren't making the playoffs if that's all they got against a tanking team...maybe but they need a stretch 4 small ball 5.
Sexton looked to be ignored by his teammates in this one and also saw some finger pointing/jabbing starting by Nance and Cedi towards Sexton when they individually
Turned over or missed assignments. Maybe they think he's the problem or fall guy for them losing , but that's total BS and the reality is setting in of just how bad this roster without LeBron looks even with players like Nance and Osman who are key bench players on a contender but elevated to starting minutes on a tanker.
Get over it... Sexton is undeserving of much scrutiny given the effort he is putting in. His mental make up is why Cavs we're not afraid to take him as high as 8 knowing the expectations year one of his high upside long term development from irrational fans wanting more than they should would require such a strong will.
water aint the mirror unless you steal it
2019 REALGM draft contest winner
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs

Post#12 » by jbk1234 » Thu Mar 7, 2019 7:26 pm

Stillwater wrote:Nets aren't making the playoffs if that's all they got against a tanking team...maybe but they need a stretch 4 small ball 5.
Sexton looked to be ignored by his teammates in this one and also saw some finger pointing/jabbing starting by Nance and Cedi towards Sexton when they individually
Turned over or missed assignments. Maybe they think he's the problem or fall guy for them losing , but that's total BS and the reality is setting in of just how bad this roster without LeBron looks even with players like Nance and Osman who are key bench players on a contender but elevated to starting minutes on a tanker.
Get over it... Sexton is undeserving of much scrutiny given the effort he is putting in. His mental make up is why Cavs we're not afraid to take him as high as 8 knowing the expectations year one of his high upside long term development from irrational fans wanting more than they should would require such a strong will.

At this point in his career, Sexton is not good enough to be an alpha who can blow off important aspects of the game. It's better that he gets that now because there's absolutely no guarantee that he'll make a big jump like Fox. If he can consistently run an offense, make good passes, and play average defense, he can start in this league. If not, he'll be a sixth man.

Byron Scott basically let Kyrie do what he wanted his first two years in the league and every coach since then has been trying to get Kyrie to involve his teammates more often and play better defense. I have no issue with veteran players, or even young players, insisting that Sexton play the game the right way. Sexton has the potential to be a scoring point guard but he's not special in that regard like Kyrie. He's going to have to be a more well-rounded player.

Frankly, I think he's fortunate that K. Love and Nwaba got injured. If the Cavs had the choice between tanking or fighting for a playoff spot, he probably would've seen more of the bench he has.
Stillwater
General Manager

Post#13 » by Stillwater » Thu Mar 7, 2019 7:33 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Nets aren't making the playoffs if that's all they got against a tanking team...maybe but they need a stretch 4 small ball 5.

At this point in his career, Sexton is not good enough to be an alpha who can blow off important aspects of the game. It's better that he gets that now because there's absolutely no guarantee that he'll make a big jump like Fox. If he can consistently run an offense, make good passes, and play average defense, he can start in this league. If not, he'll be a sixth man.

Byron Scott basically let Kyrie do what he wanted his first two years in the league and every coach since then has been trying to get Kyrie to involve his teammates more often and play better defense. I have no issue with veteran players, or even young players, insisting that Sexton play the game the right way. Sexton has the potential to be a scoring point guard but he's not special in that regard like Kyrie. He's going to have to be a more well-rounded player.

Frankly, I think he's fortunate that K. Love and Nwaba got injured. If the Cavs had the choice between tanking or fighting for a playoff spot, he probably would've seen more of the bench he has.

He makes typical rookie pg mistakes imo nothing to be concerned about. frustration from teammates is understandable, but a lot of those same issues they are guilty of themselves and they are not rookies.
I agree he has a long ways to go to be a true pg, and probably never will be, but thats not an issue for me as there are so few of them left in the league as it is. He just needs to continue to improve his vision while handling the ball,continue to improve his decision making when he is trying to create for others, and watch more film to correct his mistakes defensively. He has a lot of untapped potential with his biggest asset of elite speed that can work to the teams advantage esp if the Cavs get a player that can run with him.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs

Post#14 » by jbk1234 » Thu Mar 7, 2019 7:47 pm

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

He makes typical rookie pg mistakes imo nothing to be concerned about. frustration from teammates is understandable, but a lot of those same issues they are guilty of themselves and they are not rookies.
I agree he has a long ways to go to be a true pg, and probably never will be, but thats not an issue for me as there are so few of them left in the league as it is. He just needs to continue to improve his vision while handling the ball,continue to improve his decision making when he is trying to create for others, and watch more film to correct his mistakes defensively. He has a lot of untapped potential with his biggest asset of elite speed that can work to the teams advantage esp if the Cavs get a player that can run with him.

I think the bolded part is where we disagree the most. At this point, I'm not seeing the type of special talent that guys like Westbrook or Kyrie have that allows them to be plus players even though they're not traditional PGs. He's on a team with two of the best passing big men on the league, and now that they're playing together and healthy, they're minimizing his inability to run an offense and get other players good looks. But we saw how his limitations in that regard impact the team when he's out there with guys like TT, Zizic, Chriss, et. al. It wasn't pretty.

He has elite speed, plays hard and has some dog in him but that's not enough to be a good starter in the NBA.
Stillwater
General Manager

Post#15 » by Stillwater » Thu Mar 7, 2019 7:58 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

I think the bolded part is where we disagree the most. At this point, I'm not seeing the type of special talent that guys like Westbrook or Kyrie have that allows them to be plus players even though they're not traditional PGs. He's on a team with two of the best passing big men on the league, and now that they're playing together and healthy, they're minimizing his inability to run an offense and get other players good looks. But we saw how his limitations in that regard impact the team when he's out there with guys like TT, Zizic, Chriss, et. al. It wasn't pretty.

He has elite speed, plays hard and has some dog in him but that's not enough to be a good starter in the NBA.

I don't know yet, that's just it... he is a better scorer than given credit,probably because he is being asked to contribute more as a traditional floor general which he isn't yet. He can thrive with better usage imo and can definitely be an asset to this roster if he is used to his strengths which honestly he hasn't been and does not get the ball back when he should nearly enough, only when defenses clog driving lanes or double team the post. He is sacrificing his ego consistently to try to be a better team player, and it's been a struggle, but he is definitely capable of leading a team once he improves his outside shooting % or gets a running mate in the back court that doesn't need the ball in his hands.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs

Post#16 » by jbk1234 » Thu Mar 7, 2019 8:09 pm

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:

I don't know yet, that's just it... he is a better scorer than given credit,probably because he is being asked to contribute more as a traditional floor general which he isn't yet. He can thrive with better usage imo and can definitely be an asset to this roster if he is used to his strengths which honestly he hasn't been and does not get the ball back when he should nearly enough, only when defenses clog driving lanes or double team the post. He is sacrificing his ego consistently to try to be a better team player, and it's been a struggle, but he is definitely capable of leading a team once he improves his outside shooting % or gets a running mate in the back court that doesn't need the ball in his hands.

He's a good scorer but he's not an efficient scorer. The speed at which he plays the game is both an asset and a liability. He dribbles into double teams with no thought as to what he's going to do next. He's like a car stuck in 5th gear too often. His game is very instinctual and he's not going to make it as a starter trying to be faster than everyone. He's six inches too short for that.
Stillwater
General Manager

Post#17 » by Stillwater » Thu Mar 7, 2019 8:49 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

He's a good scorer but he's not an efficient scorer. The speed at which he plays the game is both an asset and a liability. He dribbles into double teams with no thought as to what he's going to do next. He's like a car stuck in 5th gear too often. His game is very instinctual and he's not going to make it as a starter trying to be faster than everyone. He's six inches too short for that.

Yeah I agree he is way to raw to judge much long term and I'll leave it at that.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers