Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Game 68: Cleveland Cavaliers (17-50) @ Philadelphia 76ers (42-25) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#1 » by ducler » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:31 pm

Read on Twitter
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Re: Game 68: Cleveland Cavaliers (17-50) @ Philadelphia 76ers (42-25) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#2 » by Revenged25 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:34 am

I'm really liking what this Cavs team is showing even though they are undermanned. Really fighting. The fact that they almost took out Philly without Love or several other important plays the night after taking down Toronto is crazy. This team next year, healthy, and likely with someone like Barrett/Reddish added into the roster making this team even better...
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,123

Re: Game 68: Cleveland Cavaliers (17-50) @ Philadelphia 76ers (42-25) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#3 » by jbk1234 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:36 am

Revenged25 wrote:I'm really liking what this Cavs team is showing even though they are undermanned. Really fighting. The fact that they almost took out Philly without Love or several other important plays the night after taking down Toronto is crazy. This team next year, healthy, and likely with someone like Barrett/Reddish added into the roster making this team even better...
I see a significant difference between Barrett and Redish, but otherwise I completely agree.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#4 » by Stillwater » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:12 pm

I wouldn't touch Cam in the top 7 , to much inconsistent play. Upside is there but the same thing can be said about kz okpala at 25th
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Revenged25
Analyst

Post#5 » by Revenged25 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:13 pm

That's fair about Reddish, I just knew he's one of the top prospects and would be able to fit a position of need.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#6 » by Stillwater » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:53 pm

Revenged25 wrote:That's fair about Reddish, I just knew he's one of the top prospects and would be able to fit a position of need.

Yeah I get it, I just think he will go later than almost every mock in the world has him at even if it's just a few spots lower than 4th.
He certainly possesses the nba body and athleticism and his shooting form with that length is impressive, however I find it difficult to believe teams will let those positives outweigh the atrocious low bb iq and or inability to make in game decisions. He has shown flashes as a defender using his length, but he isn't usually in the right spots etc.
If it were not for the fact that there are much better and similar body/athletic type wings I could see him getting picked higher on upside,and somebody might anyway, but I think he is going to be a major disappointment early in his career ...unless of course he is sandbaggin it to avoid going to a bad team, and if that is the case which seems doubtful, I wouldn't want a self serving primadonna like that anyway.
Revenged25
Analyst

Post#7 » by Revenged25 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:05 pm

Stillwater wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:That's fair about Reddish, I just knew he's one of the top prospects and would be able to fit a position of need.

Yeah I get it, I just think he will go later than almost every mock in the world has him at even if it's just a few spots lower than 4th.
He certainly possesses the nba body and athleticism and his shooting form with that length is impressive, however I find it difficult to believe teams will let those positives outweigh the atrocious low bb iq and or inability to make in game decisions. He has shown flashes as a defender using his length, but he isn't usually in the right spots etc.
If it were not for the fact that there are much better and similar body/athletic type wings I could see him getting picked higher on upside,and somebody might anyway, but I think he is going to be a major disappointment early in his career ...unless of course he is sandbaggin it to avoid going to a bad team, and if that is the case which seems doubtful, I wouldn't want a self serving primadonna like that anyway.

I think the ideal situation in this draft is that the Cavs walk away with Barrett in this draft, even if they win the #1 selection. Granted I wouldn't take Barrett #1, I'd take Zion and then look to trade him to whoever takes Barrett for Barrett + more assets and if they don't want to make that trade, just be happy with Zion, but I think Sexton, Cedi, Love, and Nance seeming to be the primary players that the Cavs need/will work around, that Barrett would slot in perfectly while Zion would need more creative line-ups to make work with everyone getting playing time or trading players away, but it's something you do if you don't walk away with someone like Barrett + more in return.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#8 » by Stillwater » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:33 pm

Revenged25 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:

I think the ideal situation in this draft is that the Cavs walk away with Barrett in this draft, even if they win the #1 selection. Granted I wouldn't take Barrett #1, I'd take Zion and then look to trade him to whoever takes Barrett for Barrett + more assets and if they don't want to make that trade, just be happy with Zion, but I think Sexton, Cedi, Love, and Nance seeming to be the primary players that the Cavs need/will work around, that Barrett would slot in perfectly while Zion would need more creative line-ups to make work with everyone getting playing time or trading players away, but it's something you do if you don't walk away with someone like Barrett + more in return.

I'm more inclined to think Zion is versatile enough to defend the 3 and Osman isn't really a starter at this point anyway. fit would be the last hing on my mind if Zion was attainable,as all other players on the roster are lesser grade. Somebody might do that,but I don't think CLE is in a position to justify it. Zion is too good imo to settle for Barrett who although possesses a lot of dog in his game and has a lot of skill that will transfer maybe even better in the NBA than college,he is a tier below Zion if not two tiers unless he starts popping step backs like Harden.
Revenged25
Analyst

Post#9 » by Revenged25 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:51 pm

Stillwater wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Yeah I get it, I just think he will go later than almost every mock in the world has him at even if it's just a few spots lower than 4th.

I'm more inclined to think Zion is versatile enough to defend the 3 and Osman isn't really a starter at this point anyway. fit would be the last hing on my mind if Zion was attainable,as all other players on the roster are lesser grade. Somebody might do that,but I don't think CLE is in a position to justify it. Zion is too good imo to settle for Barrett who although possesses a lot of dog in his game and has a lot of skill that will transfer maybe even better in the NBA than college,he is a tier below Zion if not two tiers unless he starts popping step backs like Harden.

I agree that Zion is a versatile enough defender to defend the 3, but I'm more worried about the offensive fit. Zion wants to be around the basket to get his points and isn't really able to create offense for the rest of the team. Barrett has shown to be able to score at all 3 levels as well as to create offense for the rest of the team and himself. I feel like one of the things that are lacking is players that can create offense for themselves and others. I think Barrett has the potential to really help with that and keep it from being ISO-ball or some of these sloppy possessions that we see at times and I think that would help the team.
I do agree that right out of college, and possibly their entire careers, Zion should be considered a tier higher than Barrett, and really any player in this draft, but I also don't think that if you could get Barrett + more for Zion that you shouldn't take it for the Cavs. Obviously the offer has to be worthwhile, so Barrett + Top 10 pick level compensation, which I think is fair.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#10 » by Stillwater » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:58 pm

^Zion is good at creating with the double teams he draws etc. If zion ever gets a reliable jumper he will be league mvp more than once. Nobody tries to get more assets by trading down from a prospect with his skills unless they think the drop off is minimal. Unless Ja or Barrett are considered just that it's never happening

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers