ImageImageImage

Who gets overused /heavily shopped/is moved at the Deadline?

Moderator: ijspeelman

Who gets heavy minutes /is heavily shopped/& is successfully moved at the Deadline?

TT
30%
Henson
No votes
Clarkson
20%
Delly
No votes
Knight
10%
Love
30%
other_________
10%

Total votes: 10

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Who gets overused /heavily shopped/is moved at the Deadline? 

Post#1 » by Stillwater » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:32 am

Who do you think is not only given heavy minutes regardless of player development of the young core and is in fact successfully moved at the DL as a result of it?
I think it's TT
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,269

Re: Who gets overused /heavily shopped/is moved at the Deadline? 

Post#2 » by Yuri Vaultin » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:58 am

TT gets moved because he is an expiring more so than heavy usage.
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#3 » by Stillwater » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:26 am

Yuri Vaultin wrote:TT gets moved because he is an expiring more so than heavy usage.

maybe i mean if he is hurt again part of the season they might just dump him for what they can get...but i think unless he is in the sl and featured n the fast paced offense where he is worth any contender giving up real value they are more likely to use someone else who is expiring as the main player being shopped.
i dont think they are going to take back multiple longer contracts sending multiple expiring's unless you are seeing good young rookie scale players or very good draft picks involved.
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#4 » by gflem » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:11 pm

I dont disagree that TT will be shopped/moved. But just basing this on position I think its Clarkson. In your first post you said "regardless of development", and I dont really see whose development would be hindered outside of maybe Zizic.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#5 » by Stillwater » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:22 pm

gflem wrote:I dont disagree that TT will be shopped/moved. But just basing this on position I think its Clarkson. In your first post you said "regardless of development", and I dont really see whose development would be hindered outside of maybe Zizic.

well if its JC it would be more likely to eat core player development minutes than TT or Henson given Z is the only developmental big at this point
so shopping a big would be easier
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,083

Post#6 » by jbk1234 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:38 pm

I just don't see Clarkson having a future here. He's a sixth man at a position where the Cavs are really deep. If he has a choice between signing here or with a team where there isn't so much competition for playing time, and he will, then he's going to leave. I don't see the point in hanging onto him this season as he'll just eat minutes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#7 » by Stillwater » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:28 am

i need to and Cavs need to see what they have in the rookies before moving clarkson just because of minutes crunch so its a tough call as to how they manage his minutes & in trade value.
i think there is a chance he is already 1 foot out having switched to Klutch, but there is a strong conectiion or history with that representation and the Cavs to the point they got into the Lakers Garland private workout. maybe it was just cause CLE picked 5 maybe it was more.
i could see jc fitting on this roster another couple seasons but i definitely wouldnt overpay him like he was most of that contract,despite earning it last season.,but with all the $ falling off the books they might, esp if they decide Sexton or Garland is not a good fit going forward and shops 1
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#8 » by gflem » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:48 pm

I think the development of KPJ and or Windler would have more effect on Clarkson's future with the team than Garland/Sexton. Maybe that is because I just dont think the small back court will work. I guess time will tell on that issue.
To me, if Porter Jr. can be a somewhat consistent scorer and play at least decent defense it makes Clarkson expendable imo. Again I am more in favor of giving the young guys more pt at the expense of a few meaningless wins at this point in the teams rebuild. It is more important to me to see what the team has in its young players.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,083

Post#9 » by jbk1234 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:55 pm

I think there's a non-zero chance that Sexton or Garland eventually get moved to sixth man. A back court with two undersized guards, neither of whom are currently plus defenders, has a hard post season ceiling IMO. Even if one of them is traded instead, KPJ should be able to play the sixth man role.

I just don't see any point in paying Clarkson to be a sixth man given who we've drafted over the last two years. We should be able to replicate his production for much cheaper and it's going to matter in terms of roster construction going forward.

Cavs should show case TT and Clarkson hard early in the season and hope some team calls. I'd settle for a good second and an expiring for either of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#10 » by Stillwater » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:48 pm

I could definitely see Sexton being more than capable and more that willing to play that scorer off the bench role since he comes off as a relentless worker who wants to win, not one that will pout about minutes.
However I think it would be a waste of his skillset going forward as I think he will be high usage worthy by next season.

Garland role is a mystery at this point, I mean we know he is a solid ball handler probably better than Sexton in half court settings on ball, but not Irving level and definitely not Irving level finishing. But he has a strong arsenal of offensive moves and can shoot crazy irrational distance bombs ala Curry/Young etc at a respectable enough % for a coach to let him do it.
I think right now as is Garland is best coming off the bench in the sixth man role , but I am not sold that will happen.

I agree if KPJ and to some extent Windler (the latter I see more in a Korver role) could also be that, but both seem like Starter level or at minimum rotation level 2/3 types that are interchangeable being able to guard some sf's.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers