Moderator: jbk1234

gflem
Veteran
And1: 200

Re: Cavaliers 2020 Draft Discussion. 

Post#281 » by gflem » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:17 pm

Stillwater wrote:
gflem wrote:

Thats a lot of restrictions. It will be telling which teams bring in which players in regard to who they are interested in. Personally, I think it is too restrictive if what is written is true.

its already a problem imo because it wont be like Altman can just run out to LA to see a Garland workout either. Maybe there is a loophole but unlikely. At least the Cavs will get somebody who wants to play for the Cavs since they are likely ltd to in person workouts of those with said interest showing up at the cavs bubble site 10 is a really low number too imo

To the bolded, that actually may have been helpful for us last year. I think it makes the draft even harder to figure out after the first ten picks or so.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,238

Re: Cavaliers 2020 Draft Discussion. 

Post#282 » by Stillwater » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:17 am

gflem wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
gflem wrote:Thats a lot of restrictions. It will be telling which teams bring in which players in regard to who they are interested in. Personally, I think it is too restrictive if what is written is true.

its already a problem imo because it wont be like Altman can just run out to LA to see a Garland workout either. Maybe there is a loophole but unlikely. At least the Cavs will get somebody who wants to play for the Cavs since they are likely ltd to in person workouts of those with said interest showing up at the cavs bubble site 10 is a really low number too imo

To the bolded, that actually may have been helpful for us last year. I think it makes the draft even harder to figure out after the first ten picks or so.

I mean Id like to think the one on none workout in LA was the main reason Garland was the choice as bpa last draft but they had to have been pouring over his HS tape too. & I would not discount the fact the org was clearly more into trading up for Barrett and got blindsided by the Hawks move for their 2nd on the board in Hunter. The thing is nothing with DG translated at all until very late in the season before it was cut short and even then it wasnt working out for him not having a traditional off ball wing to dump off to.
I think him and Sexton will have to put in a lot of reps between now and the draft if they even get that chance to make the front office be steered away from another guard at 5 if said prospect is their bpa workouts or not. imo most guards probably are not visting the 216 though...
Thanks to isolation and becoming one with the darkness of self I have
now harnessed a semi- permanent hypnagogic state of consciousness
where the painted dream of the wayward soul is false reality bliss-
There's Mud in the moonshine- Stillwater

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers