Game 10: Cleveland Cavaliers (4-5) @ Philadelphia 76ers (6-3) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#1 » by ducler » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:48 pm

Read on Twitter
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Game 10: Cleveland Cavaliers (4-5) @ Philadelphia 76ers (6-3) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#2 » by Stillwater » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:42 am

great...looks like a groin injury for kpj. hopefully im seeing it wrong.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#3 » by Stillwater » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:45 am

jc is going at minimum get us a late first if traded.
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#4 » by Revenged25 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:58 am

Stillwater wrote:jc is going at minimum get us a late first if traded.

It would be nice to have a 1st this year...
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Post#5 » by KuruptedCav » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:37 am

Such a fun team to watch. And yeah, Clarkson can go for a late 1.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#6 » by Revenged25 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:40 am

Great game. Really shows the potential of this Cavs team to be competing against some of the best of the NBA. Amazing really what coaching can do for a team right?

With how FA is looking next year and the lack of bigs... Do we end up offering TT a new contract? I obviously don't want him for something like 5/100, but even 1/30 or 3/45 doesn't seem bad if he'd take it.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,126

Post#7 » by jbk1234 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:57 am

This was Sexton's best pro game IMO. He made a bad choices in the last 2 minutes, again, but that will come.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#8 » by Stillwater » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:31 am

Revenged25 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:jc is going at minimum get us a late first if traded.

It would be nice to have a 1st this year...

maybe not the plan by then , but my guess is TT with his shocking improvement offensively will get the Cavs some very good young 1st or 2nd year player/project types from a contender as collateral in exchange for another expiring or 21 expiring... add getting a late first or a pair of higher 2nd rights owned by a contender for JC
both at the DL, immediately losing those 2 with as much as they are putting up in the box score puts CLE back in the top 10 for own pick .
be interesting to see what Altman does, id hate to overpay a motivated TT only to find he was just ballin like this fir a big payout.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by jbk1234 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:22 pm

This was the first game we missed Zizic. I find it a little curious that we didn't pick up his vet minimum option given the fact that he can give 15 minutes against guys like Towns, Drummond and Embid. Maybe the Cavs figured it wasn't worth it for 10 games a year. But rotating three undersized big men at Embid really isn't as effective as giving him different looks, especially when one of those looks includes someone his own size.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,381

Post#10 » by JonFromVA » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:39 pm

jbk1234 wrote:This was the first game we missed Zizic. I find it a little curious that we didn't pick up his vet minimum option given the fact that he can give 15 minutes against guys like Towns, Drummond and Embid. Maybe the Cavs figured it wasn't worth it for 10 games a year. But rotating three undersized big men at Embid really isn't as effective as giving him different looks, especially when one of those looks includes someone his own size.

They've said they might still bring him back, but he's rarely been on the floor for us for one reason or another.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#11 » by Stillwater » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:01 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:This was the first game we missed Zizic. I find it a little curious that we didn't pick up his vet minimum option given the fact that he can give 15 minutes against guys like Towns, Drummond and Embid. Maybe the Cavs figured it wasn't worth it for 10 games a year. But rotating three undersized big men at Embid really isn't as effective as giving him different looks, especially when one of those looks includes someone his own size.

They've said they might still bring him back, but he's rarely been on the floor for us for one reason or another.

i think they will offer him a different deal more team friendly in line with types mid 2nd round picked prospects get on rookie deals.
he may go overseas at that point , but i think he wants to be a part of this roster so who knows
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,027

Post#12 » by mg » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:43 pm

jbk1234 wrote:This was Sexton's best pro game IMO. He made a bad choices in the last 2 minutes, again, but that will come.

The kid is such a bulldog. We all know he can score but I am impressed with his intensity on defense these past few games. He's not afraid to go right at the chest of bigger players. Not saying he's Beverley but he's noticeably improving on that end of the floor.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by jbk1234 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:26 pm

mg wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:This was Sexton's best pro game IMO. He made a bad choices in the last 2 minutes, again, but that will come.

The kid is such a bulldog. We all know he can score but I am impressed with his intensity on defense these past few games. He's not afraid to go right at the chest of bigger players. Not saying he's Beverley but he's noticeably improving on that end of the floor.

What impressed my was when the Sixers overplayed the entry pass into Love, he spotted that Love could seal that defender from being able to help and leave him with a straight line to the hoop. A year ago that wouldn't have happened. Seeing the floor better, combined with his improved defense, is the next level stuff that will make him a really, really good starter in this league.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#14 » by Stillwater » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:37 pm

most outside of cle are generally unaware and tbh naive regarding Sextons consistent improvement last season and this summer and the key factor being his main selling point when drafted by cle: his work ethic is elite.
Anyone dedicated can reach their ceiling in time... but someone as motivated as he is to raise the bar on the general feeling regarding his long term upside and who's dedication is already paying off in many ways most notably defensively .. .is a lock to be an all nba player. Most still would not look at his game and believe he will be that. guy, but that is foolish lack of understanding in just how motivated dedicated etc Sexton is esp by comparison to the typical NBA player
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#15 » by JonFromVA » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:42 pm

Stillwater wrote:most outside of cle are generally unaware and tbh naive regarding Sextons consistent improvement last season and this summer and the key factor being his main selling point when drafted by cle: his work ethic is elite.
Anyone dedicated can reach their ceiling in time... but someone as motivated as he is to raise the bar on the general feeling regarding his long term upside and who's dedication is already paying off in many ways most notably defensively .. .is a lock to be an all nba player. Most still would not look at his game and believe he will be that. guy, but that is foolish lack of understanding in just how motivated dedicated etc Sexton is esp by comparison to the typical NBA player

Believe is too strong of a word given how few players get to "all NBA" status, but yeah, there are certain members of the fan base that should know better than to jump all over a 19 year old rookie PG.

Personally, what I care about are signs of progress and Collin has taken some big strides.

It's just amazing to see our players being used in ways they can succeed and expand their games without pigeon holing them or exposing their weaknesses.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#16 » by Stillwater » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:33 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:most outside of cle are generally unaware and tbh naive regarding Sextons consistent improvement last season and this summer and the key factor being his main selling point when drafted by cle: his work ethic is elite.

Believe is too strong of a word given how few players get to "all NBA" status, but yeah, there are certain members of the fan base that should know better than to jump all over a 19 year old rookie PG.

Personally, what I care about are signs of progress and Collin has taken some big strides.

It's just amazing to see our players being used in ways they can succeed and expand their games without pigeon holing them or exposing their weaknesses.

i believe given how much he has improved across the board from day 1 Sexton is 3rd team all nba next season.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#17 » by JonFromVA » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:12 pm

Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

i believe given how much he has improved across the board from day 1 Sexton is 3rd team all nba next season.

I hope you're right, but for comparison to a similar high-work-ethic prospect, Oladipo didn't break out and make the 3rd team all NBA until his 5th season (25 years old).
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#18 » by Stillwater » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:52 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

I hope you're right, but for comparison to a similar high-work-ethic prospect, Oladipo didn't break out and make the 3rd team all NBA until his 5th season (25 years old).

Sure and I might be a bit over optimistic, but Dipo was in a bad situation in ORL and OKC.
Collin is in a perfect situation

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers