Game 15: Cleveland Cavaliers (4-10) @ Dallas Mavericks (9-5) - 8:30 PM ET 

Post#1 » by ducler » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:30 pm

Read on Twitter
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Game 15: Cleveland Cavaliers (4-10) @ Dallas Mavericks (9-5) - 8:30 PM ET 

Post#2 » by Stillwater » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:21 am

Well I am almost to the point of only watching dependent on who they are playing against instead of this team. Luka is must watch tv these days so I expect the Cavs to get up a little more for this one. Hope TT has a monster game and gets some more national media attention than normal. Also would be a nice opportunity for Garland to show out a little...but that's probably asking too much.
Sexton probably gets the assignment guarding Luka, but I would think taking Garland out of the starting line up tonight would make it easier to get a 2nd guard with some defensive ability out there from the jump
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#3 » by Revenged25 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:19 am

Stillwater wrote:Well I am almost to the point of only watching dependent on who they are playing against instead of this team. Luka is must watch tv these days so I expect the Cavs to get up a little more for this one. Hope TT has a monster game and gets some more national media attention than normal. Also would be a nice opportunity for Garland to show out a little...but that's probably asking too much.
Sexton probably gets the assignment guarding Luka, but I would think taking Garland out of the starting line up tonight would make it easier to get a 2nd guard with some defensive ability out there from the jump

I haven't watched the last few games, but I think against a team like Dallas i would almost want to start Sexton + KPJ if we are wanting to develop players and have Sexton and KPJ swapping betwen Luka trying to slow him down.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#4 » by tugs » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:27 am

Honestly confused with Cleveland's direction.

Player development? Why heavy minutes for TT and less Nance?

Showcasing trade assets? What's with Clarkson's low minutes?

Trying to be competitive?

I don't really understand.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#5 » by Stillwater » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:38 am

Garland shoots better when hes off ball, but hes the best passing guard on the roster. idk wtf Beilein is going to do to make his lineups more effective other than mixing it up every game until all likely parties to remain part of this team get used to each other in different roles.
solid outing for Cedi for once this season as well.
Dallas is a legit contender this year imo.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#6 » by gflem » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:22 pm

tugs wrote:Honestly confused with Cleveland's direction.

Well, I dont think we have to worry about being competitive, so it really should be player development. Heavy minutes for players we should be looking to move for now, and more minutes for the rookies after the trades.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,156

Post#7 » by jbk1234 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:08 pm

tugs wrote:Honestly confused with Cleveland's direction.

Some of it is match up dependent. Some of it is guys abandoning the offense and getting sat (which I'm good with). They're also getting goofy with load management and injuries are a bit of an issue.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,156

Post#8 » by jbk1234 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:13 pm

It's hard for Kevin Love to be a positive impact on the floor when he only gets 8 FGA. Every starter and KPJ took mores shots than him. He's a player you need to try to get going early in the game. There are signs he's getting frustrated with young guys chucking bad shots. If you want to trade him for his lowest possible value, more of last night is the recipe for such an outcome.

Also, Henson being out and Zizic being in pre-season shape really hurts against the Mavericks because of how tall their big men are. I thought Zizic might have got some burn against Boban.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers