Post#2 » by Stillwater » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:42 am

nets might be a bit overrated without ki
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Game 17: Cleveland Cavaliers (5-11) vs. Brooklyn Nets (8-8) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#3 » by Stillwater » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:43 am

overall not a bad outing , hindsight 20/20 but beilein play out of timeout sucked ...Sexton needs to take a lesson from Love, Luka, Harden etc on cheating and drawing a foul on 3 pointers.
also was not impressed at all with cedi inbound pass and then bad defense on dinwiddie in a end game situation.
i mean yeah you dont want to foul but wtf he put his hands down turned his head away.
id put kpj in the next time cavs are in that outvof timeout situation for starters his iso ability is arguably the best on the roster and they had to go somewhere besides clarkson as hot as hed been with 2.7 left. which was clearly the play...but then cedi almost overthrows to sexton leaving him no time to get a clean look wasting 1 second adjusting after the catch etc.
as much as i sometimes like cedi his game is not consistent
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,170

Post#4 » by jbk1234 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:16 pm

Stillwater wrote:overall not a bad outing , hindsight 20/20 but beilein play out of timeout sucked ...Sexton needs to take a lesson from Love, Luka, Harden etc on cheating and drawing a foul on 3 pointers.
also was not impressed at all with cedi inbound pass and then bad defense on dinwiddie in a end game situation.
i mean yeah you dont want to foul but wtf he put his hands down turned his head away.
id put kpj in the next time cavs are in that outvof timeout situation for starters his iso ability is arguably the best on the roster and they had to go somewhere besides clarkson as hot as hed been with 2.7 left. which was clearly the play...but then cedi almost overthrows to sexton leaving him no time to get a clean look wasting 1 second adjusting after the catch etc.

Dude, Sexton was 7-22 for 18 points. Porter was 2-5 for 5 points. Cedi was 6-8 for 15 points. I don't mind the fact that you're a Sexton stan but at least try to be objective.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#5 » by Stillwater » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:49 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:overall not a bad outing , hindsight 20/20 but beilein play out of timeout sucked ...Sexton needs to take a lesson from Love, Luka, Harden etc on cheating and drawing a foul on 3 pointers.

Dude, Sexton was 7-22 for 18 points. Porter was 2-5 for 5 points. Cedi was 6-8 for 15 points. I don't mind the fact that you're a Sexton stan but at least try to be objective.

i am trying to understand what makes you think that since all i do is point out the obvious that most people dont acknowedge . I respect his work and am confident in his game always improving, but it takes time when hes playing with a rookie who is struggling and making worse decisions with the ball than he did as a rookie.
Garland has been a dissapointment overall although lately is at least naking some open looks, and tbh i think Sexton just had a off night.
but stats are not the story here for me, beileins putting them in tough situations intentionally to coach them up , not to win games ...i mean if they win so be it is the impression i get. but at end of game situations like that he has to do better ... they have to the best chance to win. fyi Cedi even admitted he made the wrong call and didnt defend Dinwiddie good enough.
the problem started when beilien wanted jc to run the clock down abd then he was blocked by Allen. there was too much time left in the game to do that. they should have went for the quick hitter etc
Cedi had a good night i like his aggression. i hate his passiveness in crunchtime
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#6 » by Revenged25 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:14 pm

jbk1234 wrote:

To be fair, there have been much worse games by players like LeBron, Harden, Kawhi, etc as well. Sexton still has a ways to go to improve, but there is a lot there to like about him and his potential for the future.

Unfortunately I haven't watched the past couple games, going to need to get back to doing so. For KPJ specifically I always care more about the effort I see him putting into defense than his offense. He seems to be really willing to sacrifice taking shots/attempts and playing defense when I've watched, though he definitely makes mistakes on that side of the floor. Will be interesting to see when/if Beilein let's him go wild offensively and see what he can do on that side of the ball.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#7 » by Stillwater » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:56 pm

Revenged25 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

To be fair, there have been much worse games by players like LeBron, Harden, Kawhi, etc as well. Sexton still has a ways to go to improve, but there is a lot there to like about him and his potential for the future.

Unfortunately I haven't watched the past couple games, going to need to get back to doing so. For KPJ specifically I always care more about the effort I see him putting into defense than his offense. He seems to be really willing to sacrifice taking shots/attempts and playing defense when I've watched, though he definitely makes mistakes on that side of the floor. Will be interesting to see when/if Beilein let's him go wild offensively and see what he can do on that side of the ball.

kpj has a high bbiq for a rookie one and done , but he doesnt know what he can or cant get away with yet so instead of overthinking it he provably would have put dinwiddie on the line after a missed shot instead of just hoping he misses trying avoid fouling like cedi did which actually was the right decision just not the best one if you get my meaning.
idk why i back Sexton so much sometimes because he often tries too hard to do the right thing this season and fails esp with less freedom unlike the end of last season where he had a massive green light and was constantly improving. but thats where my criticism of him stops because its not his fault the circumstances have significantly changed forcing him to adapt...its the situation hes in the role he now has and the need to continue to improve in that dept.
that should come as no surprise to be his next hurdle abd one im sure he will conquer

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers