don't know
20%

Total votes: 5

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

trade value K Love 

Post#1 » by Stillwater » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:03 pm

We know they don't need to move him for $ reasons but apparently according to Jason Lloyd the cavs want a first for Love and teams interested so far want the cavs to give up a first to eat Loves deal...which aint happening imo.

if that is true, do they move him and a pick to get out of the contract or do they laugh it off and pay him regardless of potential problems durring the long rebuild?
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Re: trade value K Love 

Post#2 » by gflem » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:50 pm

The team can't afford to give up assets of any kind in order to move Love. I believe they would just play it out.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,142

Post#3 » by jbk1234 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:09 am

Yeah, I hope K. Love likes Cleveland if that's the case. Cuz we're not attaching a first to move him. I'd be surprised if other teams don't eventually come off if that position though. I mean he just went for 30 and 17 tonight. There just aren't that many good PFs and there are too many bubble teams that haven't been to the playoffs for years.

The better question is would you just give him away? I'm not sure I'd even do that.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,382

Post#4 » by JonFromVA » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:19 pm

Hey, if Kevin wants to go that badly - and we can't get anything of value for him; both sides can just agree to rip up his contract - or he could even pay us a buyout to incentivize us. lol

Funny, I don't think anything close to that has ever happened in the NBA; but contracts are supposed to benefit both sides. If one side wants to break it, it's expected for them to give something up.
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#5 » by gflem » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:35 pm

jbk1234 wrote:Yeah, I hope K. Love likes Cleveland if that's the case. Cuz we're not attaching a first to move him. I'd be surprised if other teams don't eventually come off if that position though. I mean he just went for 30 and 17 tonight. There just aren't that many good PFs and there are too many bubble teams that haven't been to the playoffs for years.

The better question is would you just give him away? I'm not sure I'd even do that.

With all of the expirings the Cavs have there is no need to give him away. He isn't blocking anyone's path for more pt (and Dean Wade is a project and nothing more at this point) and if he doesn't have any value now he will in a few seasons when he is expiring. As long as he is not a cancer in the locker room playing out the contract isn't really a bad thing.
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,027

Post#6 » by mg » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:49 pm

If he wants out he will have to play his ass off to earn that contract. The Spurs game was a good start.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by jbk1234 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:51 pm

gflem wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Yeah, I hope K. Love likes Cleveland if that's the case. Cuz we're not attaching a first to move him. I'd be surprised if other teams don't eventually come off if that position though. I mean he just went for 30 and 17 tonight. There just aren't that many good PFs and there are too many bubble teams that haven't been to the playoffs for years.

With all of the expirings the Cavs have there is no need to give him away. He isn't blocking anyone's path for more pt (and Dean Wade is a project and nothing more at this point) and if he doesn't have any value now he will in a few seasons when he is expiring. As long as he is not a cancer in the locker room playing out the contract isn't really a bad thing.
Exactly. Also, the rumor is that he wants to go to a contending team. If it's true that teams want an asset for taking him, then it's unlikely that contenders will take him at all. If he knows he'll just get dumped on another bad or even mediocre team, he probably doesn't care if he's traded.

Plus, Beilein appears to have shortened the leashes with the young guards. The ball is moving a lot better.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#8 » by Stillwater » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:27 pm

mg wrote:If he wants out he will have to play his ass off to earn that contract. The Spurs game was a good start.

when he is the focal point of an offense or the 2nd option provided there is a good balance of skilled 2 way players out there with him, he can put up those numbers most of the time...problem is most teams don't have that and still have the ability to trade for him without giving that up. Occasionally he gets those numbers [in a winning effort]even on a bad team that is playing there respective ass off like they did against Pop and co.
he is most likely staying a Cav which I am fine with , barring them getting an actual legit offer of a former lottery picked 3/4 or dominant paint presence that runs, as the key return value .But of course a actual mid to late lottery projected pick in 2020 not 21,22 or after either. has to be right away is what the Cavs probably need to justify it.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#9 » by JonFromVA » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:14 pm

Stillwater wrote:
mg wrote:If he wants out he will have to play his ass off to earn that contract. The Spurs game was a good start.

when he is the focal point of an offense or the 2nd option provided there is a good balance of skilled 2 way players out there with him, he can put up those numbers most of the time...problem is most teams don't have that and still have the ability to trade for him without giving that up. Occasionally he gets those numbers [in a winning effort]even on a bad team that is playing there respective ass off like they did against Pop and co.
he is most likely staying a Cav which I am fine with , barring them getting an actual legit offer of a former lottery picked 3/4 or dominant paint presence that runs, as the key return value .But of course a actual mid to late lottery projected pick in 2020 not 21,22 or after either. has to be right away is what the Cavs probably need to justify it.

He's been inconsistent for years ... pretty much since he had to take off weight to reduce the load on his back. That's made him more of a situational player. If I was a GM considering trading for him, I'd review a lot of playoff tape and try to figure out which matchups he crushed and which he struggle with; and then decide if anyone like that was likely going to be in my way to the finals.

Kevin could help a team win a playoff series. So could Tristan for that matter. What's that worth?
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#10 » by Stillwater » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:38 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:

He's been inconsistent for years ... pretty much since he had to take off weight to reduce the load on his back. That's made him more of a situational player. If I was a GM considering trading for him, I'd review a lot of playoff tape and try to figure out which matchups he crushed and which he struggle with; and then decide if anyone like that was likely going to be in my way to the finals.

Kevin could help a team win a playoff series. So could Tristan for that matter. What's that worth?

Right the general feeling is only a couple of teams make sense to trade for Love
I think Love is far better than his role when Lebron and Kyrie were in front of him, but he took them over the top so teams may look at it that way too.
The Portland option although possible seems less probable w/ Melo actually playing decent and at the 4 too. But even if Melo isn't still balling before the DL is over I am not sure Portland gives up Collins or their 2020 first which is probably what Altman would want. Portland interest probably stops short unless CLE bites on POR trying to move Whiteside and attach a future less than likely to be higher than 20th pick 2 years away and maybe Hoard or Trent esp if they wont give up Nas,Collins or Simons.
I wouldn't accept anything less than Whitesides expiring and Nas + a 2nd.but does Altman think that is enough? doubtful.
I don't see PHO making the win now play this soon, but they also have the abil'ty to trade for him.
I would not discount the possibility of some other team like the Nets making a play for the following season as adding Love to KD and KI would make them contenders
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#11 » by JonFromVA » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:17 pm

Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:when he is the focal point of an offense or the 2nd option provided there is a good balance of skilled 2 way players out there with him, he can put up those numbers most of the time...problem is most teams don't have that and still have the ability to trade for him without giving that up. Occasionally he gets those numbers [in a winning effort]even on a bad team that is playing there respective ass off like they did against Pop and co.

Right the general feeling is only a couple of teams make sense to trade for Love
I think Love is far better than his role when Lebron and Kyrie were in front of him, but he took them over the top so teams may look at it that way too.
The Portland option although possible seems less probable w/ Melo actually playing decent and at the 4 too. But even if Melo isn't still balling before the DL is over I am not sure Portland gives up Collins or their 2020 first which is probably what Altman would want. Portland interest probably stops short unless CLE bites on POR trying to move Whiteside and attach a future less than likely to be higher than 20th pick 2 years away and maybe Hoard or Trent esp if they wont give up Nas,Collins or Simons.
I wouldn't accept anything less than Whitesides expiring and Nas + a 2nd.but does Altman think that is enough? doubtful.
I don't see PHO making the win now play this soon, but they also have the abil'ty to trade for him.
I would not discount the possibility of some other team like the Nets making a play for the following season as adding Love to KD and KI would make them contenders

I'm sure Beilein would love to pair Caris LeVert with DG, but his new contract hasn't even started and Love's contract would seem to be too huge for the Nets to absorb without sending out a lot of players.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#12 » by Stillwater » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:22 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

I'm sure Beilein would love to pair Caris LeVert with DG, but his new contract hasn't even started and Love's contract would seem to be too huge for the Nets to absorb without sending out a lot of players.

right the Nets would have to punt on this season which they probably should really , and they would definitely have to move some promising young pieces not excluding finding a third team for Dinwiddie who could be a good source to send a 1st to CLE as collateral for a bad contract or something and yeah Lavert and probably Harris would headed to the 216. I could definitely see the Nets pushing this narrative since the window is now but they are already losing a year due to the injuries
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by jbk1234 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:15 am

I feel like everyone under estimates how hard it is to find even a decent PF in the NBA. Love as a second option got the Cavs to the Finals.

There's a reason every good team tries to shut Love down as their first priority. There's a reason the Pacers let LBJ get his and put prime Young on Love. There's a reason Giannis guards Love when we play the Bucks.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by jbk1234 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:35 am

And now Siakam is on him. I just feel like fans are in for a really rude awakening once he's gone.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#15 » by Stillwater » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:46 pm

It is clear if they move on from Love they believe in Beilein and his ability to transform these high upside players they've drafted who are absolutely not great ball movers cutters or the typical unselfish prototype prospects found in those systems that are oft utilized in college due to a lack of stand out players and it will take a long time for them to get there if they ever do ,that means Sexton,Garland,KPJ and to some degree Cedi...but who is really anymore ? I mean my guess is a guy like Windler and maybe Wade are the best shoe in plug and play fits in a Beilein system and we don't even see them yet.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#16 » by JonFromVA » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:47 pm

Stillwater wrote:It is clear if they move on from Love they believe in Beilein and his ability to transform these high upside players they've drafted who are absolutely not great ball movers cutters or the typical unselfish prototype prospects found in those systems that are oft utilized in college due to a lack of stand out players and it will take a long time for them to get there if they ever do ,that means Sexton,Garland,KPJ and to some degree Cedi...but who is really anymore ? I mean my guess is a guy like Windler and maybe Wade are the best shoe in plug and play fits in a Beilein system and we don't even see them yet.

Don't know if Windler's foot will ever heal but he may be more of a SG than a PF at this point. Wade does seem to be our Love replacement in waiting. I imagine Larry would get promoted to starter in the short-term, though.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#17 » by Stillwater » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:30 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:It is clear if they move on from Love they believe in Beilein and his ability to transform these high upside players they've drafted who are absolutely not great ball movers cutters or the typical unselfish prototype prospects found in those systems that are oft utilized in college due to a lack of stand out players and it will take a long time for them to get there if they ever do ,that means Sexton,Garland,KPJ and to some degree Cedi...but who is really anymore ? I mean my guess is a guy like Windler and maybe Wade are the best shoe in plug and play fits in a Beilein system and we don't even see them yet.

Don't know if Windler's foot will ever heal but he may be more of a SG than a PF at this point. Wade does seem to be our Love replacement in waiting. I imagine Larry would get promoted to starter in the short-term, though.

Lol I didn't suggest windler was a pf or a k love replacement that part of the post was only referencing beileins system and them Wade and windler both being being built for it where nobody else...nobody picked high is.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers