ImageImageImage

Game 36: Cleveland Cavaliers (10-25) vs. Minnesota Timberwolves (13-21) - 7:30 PM ET

Moderator: ijspeelman

ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Game 36: Cleveland Cavaliers (10-25) vs. Minnesota Timberwolves (13-21) - 7:30 PM ET 

Post#1 » by ducler » Sun Jan 5, 2020 8:54 pm

Read on Twitter
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Game 36: Cleveland Cavaliers (10-25) vs. Minnesota Timberwolves (13-21) - 7:30 PM ET 

Post#2 » by Stillwater » Mon Jan 6, 2020 12:04 am

why am I not surprised no KLove tonight...maybe told to stay home maybe not, but not likely to be with the team again imo even if he is posting instagrams about loving his teammates and yet says nothing to support Beilein or Koby.
He wants out and it aint even a question of if but a question of when he is gone
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Stillwater
RealGM

Re: Game 36: Cleveland Cavaliers (10-25) vs. Minnesota Timberwolves (13-21) - 7:30 PM ET 

Post#3 » by Stillwater » Mon Jan 6, 2020 2:27 am

Yeah people saying Altman doesn't know what he's doing don't know what they're talking about Exum is a beast... and Utah just didn't give him a green light .
Prayers out for KPJ looked like meniscus tear too me hope not was really having a solid rookie season.
Love on bench in suit so I stand corrected about him being gone.
nurseryc
Analyst
And1: 1,236

Post#4 » by nurseryc » Mon Jan 6, 2020 10:54 am

I expect Exum to continue this excellent form throughout the season. He has been unleashed
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,381

Post#5 » by JonFromVA » Mon Jan 6, 2020 8:32 pm

Stillwater wrote:Yeah people saying Altman doesn't know what he's doing don't know what they're talking about Exum is a beast... and Utah just didn't give him a green light .
Prayers out for KPJ looked like meniscus tear too me hope not was really having a solid rookie season.

To be fair, Nance, Clarkson, Hill, and Hood looked pretty good when we first traded for them and they were just "balling"; but hey, if he can stay healthy he has a toolset that can help and he's been in the league long enough to have figured some things out.

So, I do credit Altman for kicking the tires on a player like Exum, but he has a lot more responsibilities as GM than just finding diamonds in the rough.

For instance, sorting out this trade deadline and coming out of it with a functional starting lineup is a big challenge.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#6 » by Stillwater » Tue Jan 7, 2020 4:07 am

JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Yeah people saying Altman doesn't know what he's doing don't know what they're talking about Exum is a beast... and Utah just didn't give him a green light .

To be fair, Nance, Clarkson, Hill, and Hood looked pretty good when we first traded for them and they were just "balling"; but hey, if he can stay healthy he has a toolset that can help and he's been in the league long enough to have figured some things out.

So, I do credit Altman for kicking the tires on a player like Exum, but he has a lot more responsibilities as GM than just finding diamonds in the rough.

For instance, sorting out this trade deadline and coming out of it with a functional starting lineup is a big challenge.

Regarding the trade dl I mean it ain't looking great with no teams in need of whatever expiring players we have without dumping non useful players on CLE I mean I'm not sold firsts from 2020 are worth eating contracts,esp late firsts but not trying to add personel via draft will just prolong the need to do so later.
I'm sure they can find a gem if they scout well or if someone slips but overall can't get too excited about much after our lottery pick.
Not even sold they're going to get that right.
Maybe Altman should force potential draftees to take a polygraph
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#7 » by JonFromVA » Tue Jan 7, 2020 5:36 am

Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

Regarding the trade dl I mean it ain't looking great with no teams in need of whatever expiring players we have without dumping non useful players on CLE I mean I'm not sold firsts from 2020 are worth eating contracts,esp late firsts but not trying to add personel via draft will just prolong the need to do so later.
I'm sure they can find a gem if they scout well or if someone slips but overall can't get too excited about much after our lottery pick.
Not even sold they're going to get that right.
Maybe Altman should force potential draftees to take a polygraph

Yep, the best answer is to develop assets that other teams covet ... then they'll gladly give you their cap space, players, and picks. Setting up the organization so that can happen is part of the GMs job too.

Altman's lack of experience / respect has hurt us - and helping to get everyone on the same page is part of his job.

He is creative and proactive so there's a good chance he will get something done before the trade deadline.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#8 » by Stillwater » Tue Jan 7, 2020 6:21 am

^ with weak fa class in 20 all that's left to justify giving up good picks for salary dumps before the DL is teams wanting to clear space for 21 team like Miami who don't have picks and a few others .
I am not sold Altman could have done anything better regarding juggling Beilein developing raw players while also trying to build trade stocks.
nurseryc
Analyst
And1: 1,236

Post#9 » by nurseryc » Tue Jan 7, 2020 10:58 am

Hoping Exum starts in our next game. I think he’s earned his chance and is making the team better
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#10 » by JonFromVA » Tue Jan 7, 2020 8:21 pm

Stillwater wrote:^ with weak fa class in 20 all that's left to justify giving up good picks for salary dumps before the DL is teams wanting to clear space for 21 team like Miami who don't have picks and a few others .
I am not sold Altman could have done anything better regarding juggling Beilein developing raw players while also trying to build trade stocks.

I'm not asking much, just communicating with the players and their agents and trying to keep everyone on the same page so these transitions go smoothly - compromising where reasonable.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#11 » by JonFromVA » Tue Jan 7, 2020 8:23 pm

nurseryc wrote:Hoping Exum starts in our next game. I think he’s earned his chance and is making the team better

He's been pretty stubborn about not messing with the starters, but maybe Beilein could justify it as needing more scoring punch in the second unit with Porter Jr and Nance Jr MIA and Clarkson gone?
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#12 » by Stillwater » Tue Jan 7, 2020 11:37 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
nurseryc wrote:Hoping Exum starts in our next game. I think he’s earned his chance and is making the team better

He's been pretty stubborn about not messing with the starters, but maybe Beilein could justify it as needing more scoring punch in the second unit with Porter Jr and Nance Jr MIA and Clarkson gone?

tbh if any of the rumors about the cavs wanting Drummond (doubtful) are true he could get some run with the intention of trading Sexton or Garland packaged with TT for Drummond and a wing

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers