Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,942

Game 37: Cleveland Cavaliers (10-26) vs. Detroit Pistons (13-24) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#1 » by ducler » Tue Jan 7, 2020 8:30 pm

Read on Twitter
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,365

Re: Game 37: Cleveland Cavaliers (10-26) vs. Detroit Pistons (13-24) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#2 » by JonFromVA » Tue Jan 7, 2020 9:34 pm

Was Andre Drumond demoted to the Grand Rapids Drive? Who the heck are we playing tonight?

At least Stillwater gets to check out Sekou ... should be due for his season high against our D.
nurseryc
Analyst
And1: 1,236

Re: Game 37: Cleveland Cavaliers (10-26) vs. Detroit Pistons (13-24) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#3 » by nurseryc » Tue Jan 7, 2020 9:56 pm

Let’s go Cavs. Let’s get some more action on these game threads. Where are you all?? Hoping Dante lights it up again
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#4 » by Stillwater » Tue Jan 7, 2020 11:50 pm

line up subject to last minute changes I guess? I sometimes wonder if all of these stories about Love and the Cavs front office are just manufactured lies or at least twisting of half truth s to produce click bate.
Whatever it takes to keep Love off the floor and healthy before the trade seems the wise choice, anything different and they are just asking to have to pay to trade him.
I really would love to see a meh line up tonight with Beilein benching everyone in the normal rotation and I mean DNP not come off the bench.
start Knight,Levi,Delly,Wade and Zizic and bring Henson and Exum off the bench and that's it. fu...k winning and fu….k trying to win
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
nurseryc
Analyst
And1: 1,236

Post#5 » by nurseryc » Wed Jan 8, 2020 12:31 am

Where is Dante Exum? He isn't listed in the lineup?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,079

Post#6 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jan 8, 2020 4:31 am

I really don't have the words for how this game ended in the fourth quarter. The front office must really, really want a top 4 pick. There's no other rational explanation for letting the continued hero ball go at this point.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#7 » by Stillwater » Wed Jan 8, 2020 2:28 pm

jbk1234 wrote:I really don't have the words for how this game ended in the fourth quarter. The front office must really, really want a top 4 pick. There's no other rational explanation for letting the continued hero ball go at this point.

Love was not the best option at the end when the play by Beilein out of the review break was Sexton driving straight down Euclid. He missed/ choked whatever but proven scorers usually get that call and he was fouled enough to cause that yet no whistle. Same ref said he was out of bounds and wasn't . Bad refs in tankers vs tankers I guess.
The Garland attempt high off glass before all that
was the epitome of him playing hero ball. Not the right choice and not what the coach wanted. Even his mentor Knight was seen reacting to him missing wide open teammates in favor of forcing up a low % but "would have been cool if it went in "shot .
Typical rookie mistake is the excuse but this org clearly wants both these guards tested in all situations and certainly don't put winning above it unless it's them that makes it happen. That's called an org committed to player developing and tanking.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jan 8, 2020 2:54 pm

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:I really don't have the words for how this game ended in the fourth quarter. The front office must really, really want a top 4 pick. There's no other rational explanation for letting the continued hero ball go at this point.

Love was not the best option at the end when the play by Beilein out of the review break was Sexton driving straight down Euclid. He missed/ choked whatever but proven scorers usually get that call and he was fouled enough to cause that yet no whistle. Same ref said he was out of bounds and wasn't . Bad refs in tankers vs tankers I guess.
was the epitome of him playing hero ball. Not the right choice and not what the coach wanted. Even his mentor Knight was seen reacting to him missing wide open teammates in favor of forcing up a low % but "would have been cool if it went in "shot .
Typical rookie mistake is the excuse but this org clearly wants both these guards tested in all situations and certainly don't put winning above it unless it's them that makes it happen. That's called an org committed to player developing and tanking.

Undersized guards driving into 7 foot centers in the last two minutes of the game and looking for a bail out call will always be a bad play in the NBA. Lowry and Derozan abused that for far too long and the league isn't going along with it anymore. Undersized guards trying to shoot over 7 foot centers around the paint will always be a bad play. If the Pistons are overplaying Love, then someone else on the team has a good shot. That's the *right* play. If we're losing anyway, I'd like us to start losing because we're missing good shots and making the right play. At least then we're developing good habits while losing.

Also, the Cavs had a solid lead with around three minutes left. There was some bad basketball just to get the game close in the last two minutes.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#9 » by JonFromVA » Wed Jan 8, 2020 3:47 pm

We're a team being run by 19 and 20 year old guards that lack experience in the league. At least by throwing minutes at them, we're addressing something but they have a lot of stuff to figure out including how to deal with an opponent switching things up on them (going zone) and how to execute when the pressure rises.

LeBron would get no end of grief for passing the ball to the open man in a game winning situation, or for pulling up for a jumper rather than trying to drive in a to a crowd where no whistle was going to blow.

It's pretty much a no-win situation unless the play works.

We really want them to play more games like this so they can get experience in these high leverage moments; not just against teams taking their foot off the gas when they get a 20 to 30 pt lead.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#10 » by JonFromVA » Wed Jan 8, 2020 3:48 pm

nurseryc wrote:Where is Dante Exum? He isn't listed in the lineup?

Exum was reported to be out sick.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#11 » by Stillwater » Wed Jan 8, 2020 4:47 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:

Undersized guards driving into 7 foot centers in the last two minutes of the game and looking for a bail out call will always be a bad play in the NBA. Lowry and Derozan abused that for far too long and the league isn't going along with it anymore. Undersized guards trying to shoot over 7 foot centers around the paint will always be a bad play. If the Pistons are overplaying Love, then someone else on the team has a good shot. That's the *right* play. If we're losing anyway, I'd like us to start losing because we're missing good shots and making the right play. At least then we're developing good habits while losing.

Also, the Cavs had a solid lead with around three minutes left. There was some bad basketball just to get the game close in the last two minutes.
it's always their best play with nobody else drawing defenders besides Love because they suck the coach wants Sexton doing exactly what he did not passing to the open man that's open because they suck as shooters.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jan 8, 2020 5:22 pm

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Love was not the best option at the end when the play by Beilein out of the review break was Sexton driving straight down Euclid. He missed/ choked whatever but proven scorers usually get that call and he was fouled enough to cause that yet no whistle. Same ref said he was out of bounds and wasn't . Bad refs in tankers vs tankers I guess.

it's always their best play with nobody else drawing defenders besides Love because they suck the coach wants Sexton doing exactly what he did not passing to the open man that's open because they suck as shooters.

If that's the case, and I'm very, very dubious (I think he's covering for Sexton), then the coach is an idiot. Garland is shooting 37% from 3 point range. Cedi has bumped his 3p% up to almost 38%. Those are good percentages.
cbosh4mvp wrote:

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers