ImageImageImage

Game 61: Cleveland Cavaliers (17-43) vs. Utah Jazz (37-22) - 7:00 PM ET

Moderator: jbk1234

ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
Posts: 10,947
And1: 7,518
Joined: Jun 15, 2008
Location: France
Contact:
   

Game 61: Cleveland Cavaliers (17-43) vs. Utah Jazz (37-22) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#1 » by ducler » Mon Mar 2, 2020 8:39 pm

Read on Twitter
Image
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 11,685
And1: 2,935
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Game 61: Cleveland Cavaliers (17-43) vs. Utah Jazz (37-22) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#2 » by Stillwater » Mon Mar 2, 2020 9:08 pm

Thought about going to this one... but opted to drink Coronas instead of breath it.
Thanks to isolation and becoming one with the darkness of self I have
now harnessed a semi- permanent hypnagogic state of consciousness
where the painted dream of the wayward soul is false reality bliss-
There's Mud in the moonshine- Stillwater
User avatar
gflem
Veteran
Posts: 2,779
And1: 177
Joined: Sep 11, 2004

Re: Game 61: Cleveland Cavaliers (17-43) vs. Utah Jazz (37-22) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#3 » by gflem » Mon Mar 2, 2020 11:07 pm

Stillwater wrote:Thought about going to this one... but opted to drink Coronas instead of breath it.

If you are letting the corona virus keep you from going out you are being paranoid. At this point it is not a serous problem here in the US and with our health system it will likely not be. When fatal it is mostly affecting the elderly or those with failing health prior to contracting the virus. Don't let the media hysteria scare you into hiding inside and not living how you want to live. Just my two cents. :wink:
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 11,685
And1: 2,935
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Game 61: Cleveland Cavaliers (17-43) vs. Utah Jazz (37-22) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#4 » by Stillwater » Tue Mar 3, 2020 4:16 am

gflem wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Thought about going to this one... but opted to drink Coronas instead of breath it.

If you are letting the corona virus keep you from going out you are being paranoid. At this point it is not a serous problem here in the US and with our health system it will likely not be. When fatal it is mostly affecting the elderly or those with failing health prior to contracting the virus. Don't let the media hysteria scare you into hiding inside and not living how you want to live. Just my two cents. :wink:
yeah my take is despite the media and their fear tactics this "new" virus with no vaccine in sight in the next 450 days means at even just 1% death rate per the projected 60% of all human being who are expected to get it projects to impact and in fact potentially kill 50 million people minimum compared to the .1% that die from normal influenza virus.or around 650k each yr.
There is also fear that if people shrug it off like you're suggesting the world economy will basically shut down anyway.
I'll be the guy in the mad lab trying to find a cure not one of the infected...
Thanks to isolation and becoming one with the darkness of self I have
now harnessed a semi- permanent hypnagogic state of consciousness
where the painted dream of the wayward soul is false reality bliss-
There's Mud in the moonshine- Stillwater
User avatar
gflem
Veteran
Posts: 2,779
And1: 177
Joined: Sep 11, 2004

Re: Game 61: Cleveland Cavaliers (17-43) vs. Utah Jazz (37-22) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#5 » by gflem » Tue Mar 3, 2020 11:07 pm

Stillwater wrote:
gflem wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Thought about going to this one... but opted to drink Coronas instead of breath it.

If you are letting the corona virus keep you from going out you are being paranoid. At this point it is not a serous problem here in the US and with our health system it will likely not be. When fatal it is mostly affecting the elderly or those with failing health prior to contracting the virus. Don't let the media hysteria scare you into hiding inside and not living how you want to live. Just my two cents. :wink:
yeah my take is despite the media and their fear tactics this "new" virus with no vaccine in sight in the next 450 days means at even just 1% death rate per the projected 60% of all human being who are expected to get it projects to impact and in fact potentially kill 50 million people minimum compared to the .1% that die from normal influenza virus.or around 650k each yr.
There is also fear that if people shrug it off like you're suggesting the world economy will basically shut down anyway.
I'll be the guy in the mad lab trying to find a cure not one of the infected...

You've been fishing for a comment for a few days so I obliged you. I'll bet you a steak dinner that it doesn't kill 50 million people in the next 450 days.
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 11,685
And1: 2,935
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Game 61: Cleveland Cavaliers (17-43) vs. Utah Jazz (37-22) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#6 » by Stillwater » Wed Mar 4, 2020 12:18 am

gflem wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
gflem wrote:If you are letting the corona virus keep you from going out you are being paranoid. At this point it is not a serous problem here in the US and with our health system it will likely not be. When fatal it is mostly affecting the elderly or those with failing health prior to contracting the virus. Don't let the media hysteria scare you into hiding inside and not living how you want to live. Just my two cents. :wink:
yeah my take is despite the media and their fear tactics this "new" virus with no vaccine in sight in the next 450 days means at even just 1% death rate per the projected 60% of all human being who are expected to get it projects to impact and in fact potentially kill 50 million people minimum compared to the .1% that die from normal influenza virus.or around 650k each yr.
There is also fear that if people shrug it off like you're suggesting the world economy will basically shut down anyway.
I'll be the guy in the mad lab trying to find a cure not one of the infected...

You've been fishing for a comment for a few days so I obliged you. I'll bet you a steak dinner that it doesn't kill 50 million people in the next 450 days.

Yeah you might not be around to fork over the steak if the actual scientists and doctors aka experts are right and not the people ignoring it. I mean if you look at the fact the media that does in fact make it sound like it's politically motivated and uses fear tactics in truth is actually contributing to people like yourself ignoring it because they don't trust the news etc...
These scientists and doctors have zero residual kick back from lying about it, they are in fact legitimately concerned that people are not going to take it serious enough and when that happens with something as easily spread as this is so far, it will definitely kill a lot of people before its all over.
right now is actually the worse time to ignore it because they don't even have test kits available everywhere yet.
The only good news if you can call it that is it is early enough in the spotlight that at least some people in the USA have a chance to use their noggins and recognize this as a legitimate pandemic.
Thanks to isolation and becoming one with the darkness of self I have
now harnessed a semi- permanent hypnagogic state of consciousness
where the painted dream of the wayward soul is false reality bliss-
There's Mud in the moonshine- Stillwater
User avatar
gflem
Veteran
Posts: 2,779
And1: 177
Joined: Sep 11, 2004

Re: Game 61: Cleveland Cavaliers (17-43) vs. Utah Jazz (37-22) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#7 » by gflem » Wed Mar 4, 2020 4:48 am

Stillwater wrote:
gflem wrote:
Stillwater wrote:yeah my take is despite the media and their fear tactics this "new" virus with no vaccine in sight in the next 450 days means at even just 1% death rate per the projected 60% of all human being who are expected to get it projects to impact and in fact potentially kill 50 million people minimum compared to the .1% that die from normal influenza virus.or around 650k each yr.
There is also fear that if people shrug it off like you're suggesting the world economy will basically shut down anyway.
I'll be the guy in the mad lab trying to find a cure not one of the infected...

You've been fishing for a comment for a few days so I obliged you. I'll bet you a steak dinner that it doesn't kill 50 million people in the next 450 days.

Yeah you might not be around to fork over the steak if the actual scientists and doctors aka experts are right and not the people ignoring it. I mean if you look at the fact the media that does in fact make it sound like it's politically motivated and uses fear tactics in truth is actually contributing to people like yourself ignoring it because they don't trust the news etc...
These scientists and doctors have zero residual kick back from lying about it, they are in fact legitimately concerned that people are not going to take it serious enough and when that happens with something as easily spread as this is so far, it will definitely kill a lot of people before its all over.
right now is actually the worse time to ignore it because they don't even have test kits available everywhere yet.
The only good news if you can call it that is it is early enough in the spotlight that at least some people in the USA have a chance to use their noggins and recognize this as a legitimate pandemic.

Yeah, I do see what is going on around the world, and not only is it tragic that people are losing their lives, this certainly is a deadly threat. I am not saying that people shouldn't be concerned or not take any precautions, but you saying that i am ignoring it is typical of your know it all posts where you speak in absolutes.
Should we all just hide inside for the next two weeks? Or two months? I don't know about you, but I have to go to work every day. I am in sales, and visit 15 to 20 accounts every day. I speak to dozens of people every day, and I still do business with a handshake. I am more worried about my parents (both over 75) than I am myself or my kids. If I get sick or feel sick I will take off and not just ignore any symptoms and I do hope others do the same.
And, you say I don't trust the media? There is ample evidence that there is no reason to trust the mainstream media. Also, this isn't the dark ages, where the black plague wipes out 1/3 of the worlds population. Is that possible? Yeah, I guess, but even in the third world country that is most of China the survival rate is over 97% as it is being reported at this point. Now, do we trust China to report the truth? No, but it is likely that the corona virus has been in this country for at least a month or more before being reported, and the morgues aren't filling up at this point, and hopefully is never gets to that point. With our health care system and first world conditions in the vast majority of this country I just don't see the reason to panic. And fwiw, I truly hope to not have to pay up the the steak dinner, which honestly was a very poor way of trying to make my point in light of what is happening around the world.
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 11,685
And1: 2,935
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Game 61: Cleveland Cavaliers (17-43) vs. Utah Jazz (37-22) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#8 » by Stillwater » Wed Mar 4, 2020 6:03 am

^ if the course of your life is about to change and you don't even see it coming esp when the writing is on the wall or the threat is in your face I don't know what to tell you. Hopefully I am wrong but science proves it unlikely I am.
Right now the virus is still so new with so many unknowns and already carries a worse death per infected rate than influenza viruses that most involved in the field are sceptical we can avoid major loss of life.
Thanks to isolation and becoming one with the darkness of self I have
now harnessed a semi- permanent hypnagogic state of consciousness
where the painted dream of the wayward soul is false reality bliss-
There's Mud in the moonshine- Stillwater

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers