ImageImageImage

COVID -19 WARNINGS

Moderator: ijspeelman

will you isolate for most part a few weeks until more details emerge?

yes
40%
no
20%
can't
10%
already did it
30%
if it's here I already got it anyway probably so no
No votes

Total votes: 10

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: COVID -19 WARNINGS 

Post#61 » by Stillwater » Wed May 13, 2020 8:25 pm

very sad state of affairs regarding his comments about Trumps mishandling of Covid-19. read this from the BARDA/HSS DIRECTOR that Trump canned :https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/13/politics/read-rick-bright-house-opening-statement/index.htmlthis is his prepared speech for tomorrow
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#62 » by Stillwater » Tue May 26, 2020 12:18 am

pretty much everywhere that is reopening will absolutely have significant spikes in deaths and cases and so the only question is will this government then feel the pressure to reclose or will they let people decide for themselves and hope they have some sense? I mean if people were not being told it isn't that bad up till they reopened they would not be out there now acting like it isn't and they sure as heck wouldn't need anyone to force them to stay home previously...sure some would go on like they don't care, but most would at least think twice if the information had been reliable.
So if massive graves are being made in Iran and America suffers unfathomable death totals as a direct result of reopening it over the next months it wont be only because they reopened but because the government lied and failed to impress apon the American public the truth.
Noone in this country that is alive now has ever been through a pandemic like this...
If the big fat liar declares Marshal law and tries to become a dictator by cancelling the election etc, all out anarchy will ensue and America as we know it wi;; no longer be possible.
they are already starting to reclose and isolate in areas of the world that had reopened https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/as-some-countries-ease-up-others-are-reimposing-lockdowns-amid-a-resurgence-of-coronavirus-infections/2020/05/12/6373cf6a-9455-11ea-87a3-22d324235636_story.html
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,371

Post#63 » by JonFromVA » Tue May 26, 2020 6:15 pm

Fact is America never closed. If we had, we would have curb stomped the virus in a week or two. The whole focus by the US Government has been on slowing the spread of the virus to avoid overwhelming health care.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#64 » by Stillwater » Tue May 26, 2020 6:39 pm

JonFromVA wrote:Fact is America never closed. If we had, we would have curb stomped the virus in a week or two. The whole focus by the US Government has been on slowing the spread of the virus to avoid overwhelming health care.

Right there were alot of people ignoring stay at home orders... and too many businesses assigned "essential" labels too themselves when they were not essential at all.
It was a complete failure the lack of honesty from the top, now that they are blatently claiming everything can reopen from strip clubs to bars in a few weeks, only proves they never cared about the people. All they care about is people spending money and if they die they die. well, they are going to die for sure now that so many think its safe out there.
I dont think they were ever going to be able to lock down this country , but they could have told people how bad it really was or should I say still is, then maybe they would prove as a nation to do the right thing, instead of government takes us for fools and leads everyone to the poison well that are fools
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#65 » by Stillwater » Sat May 30, 2020 7:37 pm

So it's becoming pretty clear the Goverment and CDC are not interested in saving lives sticking with the 6' rule and only recommending half assd facial coverings not actual particulate rated masks that might prevent you from being the next person ushered into the hospital with covid 19 symptoms to be treated by a person they claim needed the mask more than you did, but we had stock piles of them that would have prevented all of this had DJT not sent them to China which is ironic since he now completely blames them for everything...
new findings not really, its been reported since mid march that aerosol transmission was likely the real reason for mass spreading but we are still getting news reports as if this is new information and meanwhile states are lifting stay at home orders and not requiring mandatory mask use.and continue to only encourage a 6' distance when it aint enough https://www.firstpost.com/health/covid-19-social-distancing-study-suggests-6-feet-is-not-enough-virus-can-travel-up-to-20-feet-8421421.html
there is an estimated 1in3 people infected with COVID-19 in the world with no symptoms.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#66 » by Stillwater » Tue Jun 2, 2020 2:05 am

So in addition to this mess djt is now threatening marshal law . douchebag is a cancer to all Americans and will probably try to use these protests to cancel the election stay in office and try to force dictator like government.
Terrible
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#67 » by Stillwater » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:16 pm

JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#68 » by JonFromVA » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:39 pm

Stillwater wrote:interesting read about aerosol transmission https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200527/aerosol-scientist-covid19-is-likely-airborne

One of the more troublesome things in that article was the mention that aerosolized particles can continue to float around for hours.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#69 » by Stillwater » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:54 pm

This covid reaction from the majority of Americans has basically changed my entire perspective on mankind as a whole. I really fear we are all destined to become prisoners of a dictatorship that will cause our freedom to perish from the face of the earth in the next 30 years.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#70 » by Stillwater » Mon Jul 6, 2020 7:38 pm

It appears there is now enough data proving it's airborne like I have expected for months...and many early whistleblowers who were killed from it gave us those warnings early on but have been swept under for the sake of commerce and the war machine.
As expected also the WHO still has their head up their arse about this almost as much as our pathetic WH.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/06/coronavirus-scientists-claim-who-downplaying-risk-of-airborne-spread.html
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#71 » by Stillwater » Thu Jul 9, 2020 5:54 pm

came across this today, it is a tool to determine what cleaning products will and will not remove virus' like SARS-CoV-2/Covid-19
as opposed to many that only clean bacteria which isn't good enough.
I am curius how many people knew this and maybe that is part of the problem with surface contamination/ spreading.
https://cfpub.epa.gov/giwiz/disinfectants/index.cfm
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#72 » by JonFromVA » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:07 pm

Stillwater wrote:came across this today, it is a tool to determine what cleaning products will and will not remove virus' like SARS-CoV-2/Covid-19
I am curius how many people knew this and maybe that is part of the problem with surface contamination/ spreading.

Aerosolization of the virus has been suspected for quite a while. Perhaps outright proving it has been tricky?

The CDC has issued an early report due to be published in September!!! showing this is happening:

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/9/20-1806_article

Real science moves slowly and methodically which is understandable, the problem here is when there are "political officers" managing what makes it to the public.

It's been clear from the start that the main goal of our government has been to keep the health care services from being overloaded while keeping people working. Not to eliminate the virus via either isolation or effective practices.

I mean, wearing bandanas is better than nothing ... this is true, but wearing a *tested* N95 or KN95/etc mask can help protect people from catching it even when it's been aerosolized. Months after the pandemic has started, finding something we can trust and afford is still very difficult.

The vast majority of people going around in public with a cloth mask or even a surgeon's mask are not protecting themselves from the virus.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#73 » by Stillwater » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:04 pm

^ yeah I am inclined to think the lack of n95 production in this country and the outrageous costs to get them from other countries who have stock piles and won't share easily is what lead to the bs marketing of cloth masks, and what is more pathetic is the fact people tried to use it as a means to make profits by creating ones with fancy designs and personalizations as if Americans can't man up and just wear a plain mask if you actually made ones that would work.
I agree with the "themselves" bold part too but also think it works both ways on some of the types out there given it is unlikely any material that is not meant to prevent the inhalation of particulates is not going to prevent a sneeze from spreading completely.
The sad truth is not only are many of the masks now being deemed acceptable when they are not good enough in an effort to at least get people to wear something anything besides nothing... anyone who understands this and wants an approved mask short of someone in the medical profession is not going to get one very easily and certainly not enough to protect them multiple times in a work environment.
I also think the lack of push for people to wear eye coverings is a huge factor in aerosol transfer.
when I leave the yard I put a mask around my neck in case of surprises and I always have goggles.
I mean if I am on the move in a car I look like a normal ignorant person with no PPE,( I put the air on recirculate to avoid outside air coming into the cab) but before I get anywhere near anyone esp if going into a factory or warehouse setting with huge air movers I go full on and put on my disposable painters coveralls a fire proof balaklava then a full face respirator double thick nitrile gloves and throw away shoe covers. I got looks like I am a alien the first couple times which is laughable because it suggests just how out of touch people are in general to the devastation this disease is causing and how far away we are from it being safe to live as if it's not worth protecting themselves.
Moderation is for cowards I will never go half way on something I know I can go hard core.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#74 » by JonFromVA » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:26 pm

I certainly don't take it that far. The evidence all points to breathing in the virus being the primary threat vector, but treating a potentially infected area just like the cdc would is certainly not foolish its following established best practices.

I'm pretty sure its not practical for everyone to be running around in full hazmat suits and protocols; but I'm sure we can do better than social distancing and bandanas.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#75 » by Stillwater » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:43 pm

JonFromVA wrote:I certainly don't take it that far. The evidence all points to breathing in the virus being the primary threat vector, but treating a potentially infected area just like the cdc would is certainly not foolish its following established best practices.

I'm pretty sure its not practical for everyone to be running around in full hazmat suits and protocols; but I'm sure we can do better than social distancing and bandanas.

I am not wearing a hazmat suit. I am wearing coveralls that are easily thrown in a sanitizing washer same as the head covering and it is much more economical and safe than having to use tons of cleaning products to sterilize the interior of the vehicle after each public visit.
I did that for awhile and it was a waste of valuable time, so I got smart.
The fact it is airborne in aerosol form means any surface that comes in contact ; foot, arm, sleeve , hair etc on top of high touch surfaces like a phone or steering wheel all could be carriers and make transferring it easy even for those who are being cautious and wearing some kind of face covering.
I get I take it to the limit and most don't, but that is only fuel and renforcement for the need too do so imo and personaly think everyone else is asking for it not following the same actions regardless of if someone is telling them a t shirt wrapped around their face is sufficient
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#76 » by Stillwater » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:14 am

another disgusting lack of transparency by this WHhttps://www.thedailybeast.com/secret-white-house-document-warns-that-18-states-are-in-coronavirus-red-zone
I think the sob actually cant wait for everything to get so bad he has justification for full federal martial law.
it's coming if we dont put this virus to bed soon and I honestly cant believe people are still following his self absorbed plans as if they are good for the Country as a free society.
authoritarian ultranationalism is not good for us at all
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#77 » by Stillwater » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:24 pm

These types of sad but true stories should make anyone like this guy who is still not wearing PPE wake up and smell whats coming...if they dont begin to care.
I sure wish the stubborn refusal to see the truth by so many would just stop already.
It is not about you its about everyone doing for others and helping themselves in the process.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/07/17/covid-19-ohio-veteran-37-refused-wear-mask-died/5457283002/
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#78 » by Stillwater » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:07 am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fauci-says-the-fall-and-winter-are-not-going-to-be-easy/ar-BB18TPAP?ocid=msedgdhpNot much new except this still aint going away anytime soon and the flu season will make it more difficult.
This link Fauci talks about needing to hunker down. When asked about the likelihood of a second wave of cases in the U.S., Fauci responded, “I don't talk about second surges because we're still in the first surge.”
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#79 » by JonFromVA » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:29 pm

Fauci is predicting we may get back to normal by the end of 2021. Perhaps a president willing to take action against the virus would raise his level of optimism? Or maybe the virus is too wide-spread at this point to try to contain ...
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#80 » by JonFromVA » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:41 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:came across this today, it is a tool to determine what cleaning products will and will not remove virus' like SARS-CoV-2/Covid-19

Aerosolization of the virus has been suspected for quite a while. Perhaps outright proving it has been tricky?

The CDC has issued an early report due to be published in September!!! showing this is happening:

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/9/20-1806_article

Real science moves slowly and methodically which is understandable, the problem here is when there are "political officers" managing what makes it to the public.

It's been clear from the start that the main goal of our government has been to keep the health care services from being overloaded while keeping people working. Not to eliminate the virus via either isolation or effective practices.

I mean, wearing bandanas is better than nothing ... this is true, but wearing a *tested* N95 or KN95/etc mask can help protect people from catching it even when it's been aerosolized. Months after the pandemic has started, finding something we can trust and afford is still very difficult.

The vast majority of people going around in public with a cloth mask or even a surgeon's mask are not protecting themselves from the virus.

So, while the report I linked above regarding aerosolization of Covid was reported back in July and eventually published in September by the CDC, politics is getting in the way of deciding what do with the information.

The abstract of the article while not in layman's terms is pretty clear:

We aerosolized severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 and determined that its dynamic aerosol efficiency surpassed those of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus and Middle East respiratory syndrome. Although we performed experiment only once across several laboratories, our findings suggest retained infectivity and virion integrity for up to 16 hours in respirable-sized aerosols.

The implications aren't all that hard to decipher. Any government official or business leader who can't decipher the terminology could ask their GP to do so for them. They really don't have to wait for the political-arm of the CDC to publish their interpretation.

If you want my interpretation, current CDC recommendations such as social distancing, washing frequently, and wearing cloth masks are helpful, but should not be considered effective protection.

Your best bet is to wear a non-fake valveless KN95 or better mask, and eye protection certainly doesn't hurt but it's not thought that the virus can pass through the eyes. I personally use a 5S LED-based UVC Sanitizer so we can re-use masks a limited number of times. An LED sanitizer operates quickly and does not create ozone.

There are still a ton of questions about aerosolization and for instance how much of a risk there is with recirculated or even fresh air. Until we know better, keeping your mask on at all times when inside and exposed to others is prudent.

At some point, air sanitizers could be installed in public HVAC systems to eliminate the potential for re-circulation of the virus, but thanks to politics a lot of things we could or should be doing as a nation/world are not being advanced.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers