ImageImageImage

Cavs F.A. 2020

Moderator: jbk1234

jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 39,033
And1: 22,563
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Cavs F.A. 2020 

Post#1 » by jbk1234 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:15 pm

Noel, WCS, and Giles are all still out there. Go get one of them Altman.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 39,033
And1: 22,563
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Cavs F.A. 2020 

Post#2 » by jbk1234 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:36 pm

Henson is still out there as well. I thought that, when healthy, he played well for the Cavs. He certainly had the best on/off numbers of all our big men.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
User avatar
gflem
Veteran
Posts: 2,857
And1: 205
Joined: Sep 11, 2004

Re: Cavs F.A. 2020 

Post#3 » by gflem » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:41 pm

jbk1234 wrote:Noel, WCS, and Giles are all still out there. Go get one of them Altman.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app

Not a fan of Noel, more from a personal standpoint. Attitude and off court issues need to be avoided with such a young team imo. Noel may have matured some but there are other options.
WCS, Giles and Henson as you have mentioned would seem to be better options to me. I also agree that TT won't or shouldn't be back at this point. Giles would be my first option, due to age and being far enough removed from his major injury. Henson from a production when he was here, and he is just a great locker room guy.
ToneLocc
Ballboy
Posts: 29
And1: 5
Joined: Dec 27, 2018
 

Re: Cavs F.A. 2020 

Post#4 » by ToneLocc » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:50 pm

Agreed to all of the names you mentioned in the OP. I’d be most excited about Giles as a low-risk-high-reward type of flyer.

I’d throw Portis, Len, and Vonleh into that conversation as well. all three have at least some degree of shooting to their game and could compliment Drummond off the bench (for however long he stays with Cleveland).
I would imagine Vonleh and Len could be acquired with a portion of the MLE. I’d probably be less excited if we acquired one of the names I mentioned, though Portis intrigues me.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 39,033
And1: 22,563
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Cavs F.A. 2020 

Post#5 » by jbk1234 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:53 pm

gflem wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Noel, WCS, and Giles are all still out there. Go get one of them Altman.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app

Not a fan of Noel, more from a personal standpoint. Attitude and off court issues need to be avoided with such a young team imo. Noel may have matured some but there are other options.
WCS, Giles and Henson as you have mentioned would seem to be better options to me. I also agree that TT won't or shouldn't be back at this point. Giles would be my first option, due to age and being far enough removed from his major injury. Henson from a production when he was here, and he is just a great locker room guy.
I just want a big man who can protect the rim enough to make opposing teams worry about getting their shots blocked. Drummond is the only player on our roster who currently fits that description and he can't recover out of the high PNR quickly enough to be in position to do that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
User avatar
gflem
Veteran
Posts: 2,857
And1: 205
Joined: Sep 11, 2004

Re: Cavs F.A. 2020 

Post#6 » by gflem » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:03 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
gflem wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Noel, WCS, and Giles are all still out there. Go get one of them Altman.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app

Not a fan of Noel, more from a personal standpoint. Attitude and off court issues need to be avoided with such a young team imo. Noel may have matured some but there are other options.
WCS, Giles and Henson as you have mentioned would seem to be better options to me. I also agree that TT won't or shouldn't be back at this point. Giles would be my first option, due to age and being far enough removed from his major injury. Henson from a production when he was here, and he is just a great locker room guy.
I just want a big man who can protect the rim enough to make opposing teams worry about getting their shots blocked. Drummond is the only player on our roster who currently fits that description and he can't recover out of the high PNR quickly enough to be in position to do that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app

Totally agree, watching last season was just brutal. Which is why I am so low on Garland, maybe unreasonably low. I just can't watch a severely undersized team get horsed around the court night after night again. I coached youth bball for years and the lack of defense is just an insult to how I was taught to play when I was young.
LivingLegend
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,603
And1: 5,494
Joined: Jul 30, 2015

Re: Cavs F.A. 2020 

Post#7 » by LivingLegend » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:23 pm

Man.....we are over here debating between Harry Giles and Nerlens Noel......2018 feels like soooooo long ago lol

I'm just curious as to why they didn't gonna little harder after at least 1 guy.
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 13,196
And1: 3,307
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Cavs F.A. 2020 

Post#8 » by Stillwater » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:03 pm

Other than maybe picking up Pelle if he clears waiversvor one of the ones mentioned in this thread I dont see them doing much of anything in fa at this point.
There are a couple other UDFA they can look at to fill out the roster if they have not been signing as I list them . Austin Wiley a teammate of Okoro at Auburn would be a cheap pickup for a back up throwback center or somebody like DIAKITE jumps out as an Ibaka light option . some others like Yoeli Childs, K Whitney, Tyreke Jones are decent but more likely a couple others like Sacha Killeya-Jones who is a mobile defender and Kylor Kelly the oregon state shot blocking machine could be at least serviceable backups .
Thanks to isolation and becoming one with the darkness of self I have
now harnessed a semi- permanent hypnagogic state of consciousness
where the painted dream of the wayward soul is false reality bliss-
There's Mud in the moonshine- Stillwater
LivingLegend
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,603
And1: 5,494
Joined: Jul 30, 2015

Re: Cavs F.A. 2020 

Post#9 » by LivingLegend » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:54 pm

"Gilbert gave the front office the go-ahead to be aggressive in making roster moves, even if it means taking on more salary."

Cavs during free agency:

Image
User avatar
gflem
Veteran
Posts: 2,857
And1: 205
Joined: Sep 11, 2004

Re: Cavs F.A. 2020 

Post#10 » by gflem » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:20 pm

LivingLegend wrote:"Gilbert gave the front office the go-ahead to be aggressive in making roster moves, even if it means taking on more salary."

Cavs during free agency:

Image

Maybe they are keeping flexibility in hopes of getting involved in a Harden deal, eating salary for assets? One can only hope.
LivingLegend
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,603
And1: 5,494
Joined: Jul 30, 2015

Re: Cavs F.A. 2020 

Post#11 » by LivingLegend » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:21 pm

gflem wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:"Gilbert gave the front office the go-ahead to be aggressive in making roster moves, even if it means taking on more salary."

Cavs during free agency:

Image

Maybe they are keeping flexibility in hopes of getting involved in a Harden deal, eating salary for assets? One can only hope.


No idea but IDK how Gilbert gives you the green light to be aggressive and you end up doing nothing.....

They arnt even rumored to be discussing with anybody, no leads, no activity at all
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 39,033
And1: 22,563
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Cavs F.A. 2020 

Post#12 » by jbk1234 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:07 pm

One of the concerns I had about allowing all our young guards to go YOLO last year is that other players notice that stuff. In any event, I'd rather not overpay to bring guys in. If players are demanding a premium to come here, I just assume pass.

I just want to have a backup center who can offer some rim protection.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
LivingLegend
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,603
And1: 5,494
Joined: Jul 30, 2015

Re: Cavs F.A. 2020 

Post#13 » by LivingLegend » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:13 pm

jbk1234 wrote:One of the concerns I had about allowing all our young guards to go YOLO last year is that other players notice that stuff. In any event, I'd rather not overpay to bring guys in. If players are demanding a premium to come here, I just assume pass.

I just want to have a backup center who can offer some rim protection.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app


Yeah,but it would be nice to see them be a tad bit aggressive in getting somebody that they think would fit. Unless they are just in the back working some crazy Kevin Love trade that nobody knows about.

It would also be nice to resign TT on a 1 year deal and flip him as a expiring to a contender at the deadline. That way, we could potentially get off of both TT/Drummond at the deadline to playoff teams for multiple assets AND go into next year with cap space.
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 13,196
And1: 3,307
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Cavs F.A. 2020 

Post#14 » by Stillwater » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:13 pm

LivingLegend wrote:
gflem wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:"Gilbert gave the front office the go-ahead to be aggressive in making roster moves, even if it means taking on more salary."

Cavs during free agency:

Image

Maybe they are keeping flexibility in hopes of getting involved in a Harden deal, eating salary for assets? One can only hope.


No idea but IDK how Gilbert gives you the green light to be aggressive and you end up doing nothing.....

They arnt even rumored to be discussing with anybody, no leads, no activity at all

I mean being aggressive for what purpose if they are shopping Dre and KLove at the dl/. I think there isnt much of any high value target that was interested in joining a rebuilding roster in FA and the ones taking pay cuts were jumping on contenders too.
Cavs need to focus on continuing to build through the draft and trying to improve from within.
Thanks to isolation and becoming one with the darkness of self I have
now harnessed a semi- permanent hypnagogic state of consciousness
where the painted dream of the wayward soul is false reality bliss-
There's Mud in the moonshine- Stillwater
LivingLegend
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,603
And1: 5,494
Joined: Jul 30, 2015

Re: Cavs F.A. 2020 

Post#15 » by LivingLegend » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:16 pm

Stillwater wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
gflem wrote:Maybe they are keeping flexibility in hopes of getting involved in a Harden deal, eating salary for assets? One can only hope.


No idea but IDK how Gilbert gives you the green light to be aggressive and you end up doing nothing.....

They arnt even rumored to be discussing with anybody, no leads, no activity at all

I mean being aggressive for what purpose if they are shopping Dre and KLove at the dl/. I think there isnt much of any high value target that was interested in joining a rebuilding roster in FA and the ones taking pay cuts were jumping on contenders too.
Cavs need to focus on continuing to build through the draft and trying to improve from within.


I agree, I would at least like for them to show some sort of pulse and go get a guy like Giles/Noel like others have been referring to on here. That way, you can flip Dummond and Tristan at the deadline and still have a young Center to step in.

There are young guys still out there at all positions the Cavs could easilly snatch up for cheap they just seem to be set on their roster for the time being.
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 13,196
And1: 3,307
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Cavs F.A. 2020 

Post#16 » by Stillwater » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:21 pm

LivingLegend wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
No idea but IDK how Gilbert gives you the green light to be aggressive and you end up doing nothing.....

They arnt even rumored to be discussing with anybody, no leads, no activity at all

I mean being aggressive for what purpose if they are shopping Dre and KLove at the dl/. I think there isnt much of any high value target that was interested in joining a rebuilding roster in FA and the ones taking pay cuts were jumping on contenders too.
Cavs need to focus on continuing to build through the draft and trying to improve from within.


I agree, I would at least like for them to show some sort of pulse and go get a guy like Giles/Noel like others have been referring to on here. That way, you can flip Dummond and Tristan at the deadline and still have a young Center to step in.

There are young guys still out there at all positions the Cavs could easilly snatch up for cheap they just seem to be set on their roster for the time being.

tbh they could very easily be planning on leaving a roster spot or two open for absorbing deals at the dl and they have Wade and to some extent Bell who is that small ball 5 already who would be soaking up minutes after the dl. But I think it would be smart to go after Noel if he is interested but he probably doesnt want to be a back up on a rebuilding team unless someone tells him Dre is gone at the dl and the job will be his in the 2nd half which they are not going to do
Thanks to isolation and becoming one with the darkness of self I have
now harnessed a semi- permanent hypnagogic state of consciousness
where the painted dream of the wayward soul is false reality bliss-
There's Mud in the moonshine- Stillwater
LivingLegend
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,603
And1: 5,494
Joined: Jul 30, 2015

Re: Cavs F.A. 2020 

Post#17 » by LivingLegend » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:24 pm

Stillwater wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
Stillwater wrote:I mean being aggressive for what purpose if they are shopping Dre and KLove at the dl/. I think there isnt much of any high value target that was interested in joining a rebuilding roster in FA and the ones taking pay cuts were jumping on contenders too.
Cavs need to focus on continuing to build through the draft and trying to improve from within.


I agree, I would at least like for them to show some sort of pulse and go get a guy like Giles/Noel like others have been referring to on here. That way, you can flip Dummond and Tristan at the deadline and still have a young Center to step in.

There are young guys still out there at all positions the Cavs could easilly snatch up for cheap they just seem to be set on their roster for the time being.

tbh they could very easily be planning on leaving a roster spot or two open for absorbing deals at the dl and they have Wade and to some extent Bell who is that small ball 5 already who would be soaking up minutes after the dl. But I think it would be smart to go after Noel if he is interested but he probably doesnt want to be a back up on a rebuilding team unless someone tells him Dre is gone at the dl and the job will be his in the 2nd half which they are not going to do


Yeah, seems unlikely they do anything outside of maybe resigning TT and Delly.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 39,033
And1: 22,563
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Cavs F.A. 2020 

Post#18 » by jbk1234 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:39 pm

LivingLegend wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
No idea but IDK how Gilbert gives you the green light to be aggressive and you end up doing nothing.....

They arnt even rumored to be discussing with anybody, no leads, no activity at all

I mean being aggressive for what purpose if they are shopping Dre and KLove at the dl/. I think there isnt much of any high value target that was interested in joining a rebuilding roster in FA and the ones taking pay cuts were jumping on contenders too.
Cavs need to focus on continuing to build through the draft and trying to improve from within.


I agree, I would at least like for them to show some sort of pulse and go get a guy like Giles/Noel like others have been referring to on here. That way, you can flip Dummond and Tristan at the deadline and still have a young Center to step in.

There are young guys still out there at all positions the Cavs could easilly snatch up for cheap they just seem to be set on their roster for the time being.
We have tried to trade TT for two years and gotten zero offers. I really don't want TT re-signing here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 39,033
And1: 22,563
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Cavs F.A. 2020 

Post#19 » by jbk1234 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:08 am

This is for the best. Also, remember when Klutch asked for a max extension last year?

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 39,033
And1: 22,563
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Cavs F.A. 2020 

Post#20 » by jbk1234 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:17 am

The good news is that Klutch may allow the Cavs to negotiate with Noel now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers