ImageImageImage

Cavs F.A. 2020

Moderator: ijspeelman

tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 956

Re: Cavs F.A. 2020 

Post#61 » by tleikheen » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:31 am

Javale McGee show (Shaqtin'A-fool) on to Cleveland . Be nice if this the domino falling on Drummond.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,143

Post#62 » by jbk1234 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:40 am

tleikheen wrote:Javale McGee show (Shaqtin'A-fool) on to Cleveland . Be nice if this the domino falling on Drummond.
I suspect Drummond will be here for at least half a season. As is always the case, dumb GMs inked some bad contracts this weekend. There will be teams looking to get off some of those deals by midseason and the Cavs should charge a premium for accommodating them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
LivingLegend
Head Coach
And1: 7,745

Post#63 » by LivingLegend » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:23 am

tleikheen wrote:Javale McGee show (Shaqtin'A-fool) on to Cleveland . Be nice if this the domino falling on Drummond.

Ill be honest, McGeen isnt horrible. I watched the Lakers last year and he is really good at finishing around the rim and shot blocking. He's not near the joker some make him out to be, he's a legit player.

I think he's perfect for what the Cavs need at backup Center. The only question is whats up with the Cavs timeline. Will he be moved at the deadline? Will he be here for the entire contract? Will he be happy here after GS/LAL?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#64 » by jbk1234 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:44 am

LivingLegend wrote:

Ill be honest, McGeen isnt horrible. I watched the Lakers last year and he is really good at finishing around the rim and shot blocking. He's not near the joker some make him out to be, he's a legit player.

I think he's perfect for what the Cavs need at backup Center. The only question is whats up with the Cavs timeline. Will he be moved at the deadline? Will he be here for the entire contract? Will he be happy here after GS/LAL?
We'll have to see how the season goes. I feel like Bickerstaff has the respect of the players and the front office. I think we can expect some internal growth from Garland and KPJ. Windler and Okoro will help.

I still have serious questions about how Sexton, Love, and Drummond fit together. That will work itself out, one way or another.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#65 » by Stillwater » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:48 am

I dont know what is more sad that I actually thought of this exact same trade for Mcgee until I saw how old he is and decided I would rather have Zo and Bell or that the Cavs did the exact same trade I thought of but didnt post it
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#66 » by jbk1234 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:33 am

Stillwater wrote:I dont know what is more sad that I actually thought of this exact same trade for Mcgee until I saw how old he is and decided I would rather have Zo and Bell or that the Cavs did the exact same trade I thought of but didnt post it
I think I'd rather have Noel at what the Knicks signed him for, or even a little more. If nothing else, I'd like to build up an above average second unit.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
LivingLegend
Head Coach

Post#67 » by LivingLegend » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:35 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:I dont know what is more sad that I actually thought of this exact same trade for Mcgee until I saw how old he is and decided I would rather have Zo and Bell or that the Cavs did the exact same trade I thought of but didnt post it
I think I'd rather have Noel at what the Knicks signed him for, or even a little more. If nothing else, I'd like to build up an above average second unit.

Javale is better than Noel though. We got the better player, however we got a player that doesnt fit the timeline
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#68 » by jbk1234 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:26 am

LivingLegend wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Javale is better than Noel though. We got the better player, however we got a player that doesnt fit the timeline
Is he? The Lakers played Howard over him in most of the playoffs.

On the one hand, I really wanted some stability, a shot blocker, and not to do anything dumb that would screw up next year's cap space.

On the other hand, I would've liked us to land some potential diamonds in the rough on team friendly deals. Giles, Jackson, Craig, etc.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Post#69 » by Harper4Ferry? » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:53 am

JaVale is fine. He's here to play 10-18 minutes a game and we'll trade him or cut him before playoff rosters get set.

JaVale plus Dante is 13.8million, allowing us to take back a player in the range of 18.8 million. My guess is they'll be part of a deadline package. JaVale to the Warriors for Looney and some second round picks is also an example of something that could happen at some point.
LivingLegend
Head Coach

Post#70 » by LivingLegend » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:30 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:I think I'd rather have Noel at what the Knicks signed him for, or even a little more. If nothing else, I'd like to build up an above average second unit.

On the one hand, I really wanted some stability, a shot blocker, and not to do anything dumb that would screw up next year's cap space.

On the other hand, I would've liked us to land some potential diamonds in the rough on team friendly deals. Giles, Jackson, Craig, etc.

I think that had more to do with the matchups the Lakers were in during the playoffs against western conference teams who went small. He's not playable in those situations because of his inability to guard the perimeter but he is just fine absorbing 20 mins a night during the regular season.

Craig would have been really nice but oh well.

Doesn't this also leave roster spots open? Could more signings be on the way?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#71 » by jbk1234 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:36 pm

LivingLegend wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

I think that had more to do with the matchups the Lakers were in during the playoffs against western conference teams who went small. He's not playable in those situations because of his inability to guard the perimeter but he is just fine absorbing 20 mins a night during the regular season.

The problem you're going to run into is I think teams are allowed to carry 17 players due to Covid this year. So the Cavs lucking into end of the bench guys other teams didn't necessarily want to cut probably doesn't happen.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
LivingLegend
Head Coach

Post#72 » by LivingLegend » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:03 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Is he? The Lakers played Howard over him in most of the playoffs.

The problem you're going to run into is I think teams are allowed to carry 17 players due to Covid this year. So the Cavs lucking into end of the bench guys other teams didn't necessarily want to cut probably doesn't happen.

Right, in that case I would still love for them to take a flier on Kaleb Wesson. No idea how he's still unsigned after going undrafted
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#73 » by Stillwater » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:42 pm

Hartenstien to Denver on a 1+1 smh
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#74 » by Revenged25 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:01 pm

Let's be honest, even in the best of situations Cleveland has had a hard time attracting FAs without overpaying and now with us having just the MLE or similar amount of money available and a less than ideal situation, we aren't going to get anyone worth getting. Should be looking at UDFAs to fill out the roster hoping one hits hard so we can develop them ourselves going forward or flip them for an asset and what trades might come up around the deadline.

The key to this orgs future is how they handle the line-ups this year. Are they going to actually experiment and find the best roster to get wins or are they going to force minutes with poor rotations to get the young players developmental minutes to hell with winning and losing? If it's the latter, we'll be a bottom 5 team again and '21 off-season will just be us finding ways to take on bad salary for teams wanting to make a play in FA, if it's the former, we might actually be able to push for an 8th seed as the talent is there if it's utilized properly.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#75 » by jbk1234 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:35 pm

Revenged25 wrote:Let's be honest, even in the best of situations Cleveland has had a hard time attracting FAs without overpaying and now with us having just the MLE or similar amount of money available and a less than ideal situation, we aren't going to get anyone worth getting. Should be looking at UDFAs to fill out the roster hoping one hits hard so we can develop them ourselves going forward or flip them for an asset and what trades might come up around the deadline.

The key to this orgs future is how they handle the line-ups this year. Are they going to actually experiment and find the best roster to get wins or are they going to force minutes with poor rotations to get the young players developmental minutes to hell with winning and losing? If it's the latter, we'll be a bottom 5 team again and '21 off-season will just be us finding ways to take on bad salary for teams wanting to make a play in FA, if it's the former, we might actually be able to push for an 8th seed as the talent is there if it's utilized properly.

I don't care about giving young players unearned minutes after the all star break, but I'm far from sold on the idea that starting young guys who aren't yet ready to start is actually good for development.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#76 » by jbk1234 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:38 pm

cbosh4mvp wrote:
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,382

Post#77 » by JonFromVA » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:06 pm

LivingLegend wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

JaVale has always had very low BBIQ ... so, I guess he'll feel right at home. Maybe we can dumb everything down to the extent that Drummond and McGee can do something.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#78 » by jbk1234 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:26 pm

Well, the Canton Charge is gonna be stacked.
Read on Twitter
?s=20
cbosh4mvp wrote:
LivingLegend
Head Coach

Post#79 » by LivingLegend » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:56 pm

jbk1234 wrote:Well, the Canton Charge is gonna be stacked.
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Soo....is this a actual rosterable player? Zach Lowe seemed to like the move and was 'puzzeled' why the Knicks didn't extend him.

I also know nothing about Dotson lol
mcfly1204
General Manager
And1: 1,840

Post#80 » by mcfly1204 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:30 pm

LivingLegend wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Well, the Canton Charge is gonna be stacked.
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Soo....is this a actual rosterable player? Zach Lowe seemed to like the move and was 'puzzeled' why the Knicks didn't extend him.

I also know nothing about Dotson lol

Decent shooter from 3, good size for the wing. Seems like the kind of move we should be making at this point, low risk, medium reward.
Well at least we're not Detroit!

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers