G6: Cavaliers at Hawks 

Post#1 » by ducler » Sat Jan 2, 2021 5:52 pm

Read on Twitter
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: G6: Cavaliers at Hawks 

Post#2 » by Stillwater » Sat Jan 2, 2021 6:25 pm

hoping this match up becomes a bit of a rivalry over the next few seasons as both rosters are on the rise
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,982

Post#3 » by jbk1234 » Sun Jan 3, 2021 1:01 am

The Cavs are not better without Kevin Love.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by jbk1234 » Sun Jan 3, 2021 1:16 am

I mean they're not better without KPJ, Windler, or Okoro either. But, no team is scared of Nance shooting from the outside.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by jbk1234 » Sun Jan 3, 2021 1:20 am

I want to like Drummond more than I do, but I just don't think you can hand a guy like him the type of contract he wants and not regret it almost immediately afterwards.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by jbk1234 » Sun Jan 3, 2021 1:40 am

Nance and Cedi looked a lot better coming off the bench than they do starting. Like, a lot better.

Also, Capella shouldn't be out there sonning Drummond and McGee.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#7 » by Stillwater » Sun Jan 3, 2021 2:02 am

I am kind of sick of Austin complaining about the Cavs all broadcast... I get it but thats not what I want to hear.
Somebody gotta start hitting their shots though uhg
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by jbk1234 » Sun Jan 3, 2021 2:17 am

Dotson with fresh legs.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by jbk1234 » Sun Jan 3, 2021 2:34 am

It's the Shaqtin a Fool revenge game.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by jbk1234 » Sun Jan 3, 2021 2:46 am

I like resting Sexton at the end of the third and beginning of the 4th. Especially against tired teams.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by jbk1234 » Sun Jan 3, 2021 3:14 am

Good W. Good close by Sexton. I like bringing him in rested with 8-10 min left in the 4th.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#12 » by Stillwater » Sun Jan 3, 2021 3:22 am

Sexton had nice finish but the game ball goes to Dante...
I love it when fake stars like Trae get frustrated and dont get the calls they expect lol
ConstableChaos
Junior
And1: 205

Post#13 » by ConstableChaos » Sun Jan 3, 2021 3:23 am

Cavs should get some pretty handy perimeter D when Okoro is back
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by jbk1234 » Sun Jan 3, 2021 4:01 am

Stillwater wrote:Sexton had nice finish but the game ball goes to Dante...
I love it when fake stars like Trae get frustrated and dont get the calls they expect lol
What I like about staggering Sexton and Garland is that it keeps opposing defenses off balance. It's a like a fastball/curveball combo versus the hitters speeding up their swing and waiting on a fastball in the zone.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
SaiCLE
Rookie
And1: 215

Post#15 » by SaiCLE » Sun Jan 3, 2021 9:58 am

Haven’t posted on here in a year but I love how hard the Cavs played in the second half. Funny watching opposing fans react when the Cavs rev up there defense. They need to work on there first half struggles. The Hawks are not a good defensive team but we made them look like it in the first half. Hopefully it gets better as the team gets more healthy.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by jbk1234 » Sun Jan 3, 2021 6:21 pm

SaiCLE wrote:Haven’t posted on here in a year but I love how hard the Cavs played in the second half. Funny watching opposing fans react when the Cavs rev up there defense. They need to work on there first half struggles. The Hawks are not a good defensive team but we made them look like it in the first half. Hopefully it gets better as the team gets more healthy.
With Love, KPJ, and Windler all out, we're missing a good chunk of our offense. Nance and Cedi are great role players off the bench, but kinda meh as starters.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#17 » by gflem » Sun Jan 3, 2021 9:32 pm

Good to see the effort and get the win. But this was kind of a schedule win imo. There are definitely going to be some schedule losses this shortened season, so take whatever wins we can. McGee has been much better than I expected, and he has clearly bought in, which I was not sure how he would be coming to a rebuilding team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#18 » by Stillwater » Sun Jan 3, 2021 11:46 pm

gflem wrote:Good to see the effort and get the win. But this was kind of a schedule win imo. There are definitely going to be some schedule losses this shortened season, so take whatever wins we can. McGee has been much better than I expected, and he has clearly bought in, which I was not sure how he would be coming to a rebuilding team.

Maybe but the Cavs did their job defensively esp Exum.
I dont think they should ever approach a btb as a weakness for the opposition because it just makes you slack.
I love the way they are playing and I expect the offense to catch up as the season progresses. In fact I will go out on a limb right now and say I am confident the Cavs are in the play in tournament if the season makes it that far and they dont suffer major covid losses.
Yeah McGee not just a on court coach but playing better than good so far
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,351

Post#19 » by JonFromVA » Mon Jan 4, 2021 3:34 am

Stillwater wrote:I am kind of sick of Austin complaining about the Cavs all broadcast... I get it but thats not what I want to hear.
Somebody gotta start hitting their shots though uhg

Unfortunately AC's contract must prevent him from providing honest analysis in anything beyond general terms, so there's not much left for him to do then whine when things go awry.

Still.. kinda nice to have him back for one more season. Provides some familiarity and continuity in these messed up Covid times and he likely appreciates not having to travel
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by jbk1234 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 7:36 am

gflem wrote:Good to see the effort and get the win. But this was kind of a schedule win imo. There are definitely going to be some schedule losses this shortened season, so take whatever wins we can. McGee has been much better than I expected, and he has clearly bought in, which I was not sure how he would be coming to a rebuilding team.
McGee is the most Jekyll and Hyde player I've ever witnessed. He'll have three or four minutes of basketball where I'm amazed he's not getting paid more, and then he'll pick up like three fouls and commit two turnovers in the next 4 minutes.

cbosh4mvp wrote:

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers