ImageImageImage

KPJ appreciation thread

Moderator: ijspeelman

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

KPJ appreciation thread 

Post#1 » by Stillwater » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:27 pm

So he is on the way out and I will miss his flavor and intensity.
I like people in general who push the limits of societies expectations of them and I believe without these types
of individuals a lot of things in life are far less stirring to my blood.
I also hope he gets some help if in fact he actually needs it. There is a
possibility the Cavs org/ family is expecting him to fall in line and his idea of
what they expect is not the reality he wants to live under.
Anyway I think that whoever takes a gamble on him as an NBA player
is going to be laughing at CLE for giving up on him for a long time/
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,368

Re: KPJ appreciation thread 

Post#2 » by JonFromVA » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:23 pm

KPJ has lost control of his life and needs help. The Cavs took a chance, then eventually found out for themselves what the red flags at USC were all about. Probably should have looked in to it more before trading 4 second round picks for him, but they tried took a minimal risk and rolled snake eyes. It happens.

KEVIN FAILED

The Cavs are trying to build team chemistry, not a rehab center.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#3 » by Stillwater » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:28 pm

JonFromVA wrote:KPJ has lost control of his life and needs help. The Cavs took a chance, then eventually found out for themselves what the red flags at USC were all about. Probably should have looked in to it more before trading 4 second round picks for him, but they tried took a minimal risk and rolled snake eyes. It happens.

KEVIN FAILED

I disagree with the notion he failed and if anything I think the real problem is
the org wont take ownership that despite they apparently tried to be patient
with his off court issues keeping him away from the team , did nothing to
build respect between the man and the brass when they do things like
move lockers full of personal items without telling him.
They should have asked him to get his stuff out of there and put em in a locker for players
like him that are not playing for the time being until he returned. They instead
just move it and tell him later wtf? bad decisions by the org imo.
Altman failed here too imo
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#4 » by JonFromVA » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:39 pm

Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:KPJ has lost control of his life and needs help. The Cavs took a chance, then eventually found out for themselves what the red flags at USC were all about. Probably should have looked in to it more before trading 4 second round picks for him, but they tried took a minimal risk and rolled snake eyes. It happens.

KEVIN FAILED

I disagree with the notion he failed and if anything I think the real problem is
They should have asked him to get his stuff out of there and put em in a locker for players
like him that are not playing for the time being until he returned. They instead

Please don't excuse this ... he's an NBA player not a troubled child. Even if the Cavs were intentionally testing him just to see what his reaction would be, I'd still not support what Kevin did. If it was a test, he failed, but in reality ... he was moved down in the rotation because of what he's done and how many games he's missed because of it.

Either way, better to deal with it before this can turn in to something far worse.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#5 » by Stillwater » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:30 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:

KEVIN FAILED

Please don't excuse this ... he's an NBA player not a troubled child. Even if the Cavs were intentionally testing him just to see what his reaction would be, I'd still not support what Kevin did. If it was a test, he failed, but in reality ... he was moved down in the rotation because of what he's done and how many games he's missed because of it.

Either way, better to deal with it before this can turn in to something far worse.

You cant even get your facts straight before you throw him in the trash?
His locker was moved due to NBA seniority and Covid 19 spacing apparently is why it was so far away etc.
The problem is they moved it without telling him and moved his valuables which they had no right to do.
Your stance on this is really weird imo. He has done nothing as an NBA player to justify the abuse he is
getting for his life outside the NBA not fitting the mold of a boring follower
Here is a reminder of what we are losing here
arguably the best young player on the roster
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#6 » by Stillwater » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:47 pm

Maybe you should watch this to understand a little more about the man besides what others say about him
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#7 » by JonFromVA » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:53 pm

Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:I disagree with the notion he failed and if anything I think the real problem is

His locker was moved due to NBA seniority and Covid 19 spacing apparently is why it was so far away etc.
The problem is they moved it without telling him and moved his valuables which they had no right to do.
Your stance on this is really weird imo. He has done nothing as an NBA player to justify the abuse he is

You have no clue what he has or hasn't done, and he very easily could had been fired months ago over what we know he's done.

But whatever keep the excuse coming ...
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#8 » by Stillwater » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:54 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

You have no clue what he has or hasn't done, and he very easily could had been fired months ago over what we know he's done.

what is your beef man? he has been convicted of NOTHING and yet your stance is guilty until proven innocent sounds like you are one of these Capitol protesters too me.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#9 » by JonFromVA » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:18 am

Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:You cant even get your facts straight before you throw him in the trash?

what is your beef man? he has been convicted of NOTHING and yet your stance is guilty until proven innocent sounds like you are one of these Capitol protesters too me.

You don't need someone to get hurt first or even a judge's ruling to lose a job ... calling your boss a slave Master alone is sufficient cause.
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Post#10 » by Harper4Ferry? » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:30 am

Why did they even pick up that year 3 option if all this stuff was bubbling under the surface? It’s okay if they just cut/trade him. Maybe he’ll figure out how to save his career.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#11 » by Stillwater » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:40 am

JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

You don't need someone to get hurt first or even a judge's ruling to lose a job ... calling your boss a slave Master alone is sufficient cause.

being heard saying these things is irrelevant imo esp considering that is actually how he was being treated , the problem he doesn't understand is they are probably treating everyone the same most of the time he just expects to be treated like an important part of their future instead of being treated like a scrub and held out being fed the bs that its in his own best interest etc. the bottom line is Altman and co killed his value through all of this and if they were going to move him they should have done it already.
He needs to be part of a Dre or Mcgee deal if any interested orgs have concerns that are overblown based on curiously convenient reporting to justify any move
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#12 » by JonFromVA » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:41 am

Harper4Ferry? wrote:Why did they even pick up that year 3 option if all this stuff was bubbling under the surface? It’s okay if they just cut/trade him. Maybe he’ll figure out how to save his career.

Because Dan Gilbert can afford to double down on a long shot? He can also afford to send a player home when their attitude is disruptive to the team (apparently JR is still on the books).

The Cavs tried to be supportive but you've got to draw the line somewhere.
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Post#13 » by Harper4Ferry? » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:22 am

JonFromVA wrote:
Harper4Ferry? wrote:The Cavs tried to be supportive but you've got to draw the line somewhere.

Yeah, some of the articles already have made it sound like there's a lot of people close to the team that will appreciate when he's gone.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#14 » by Stillwater » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:34 am

Idk but I am the last person to throw somebody under the buss and always stick up for the people getting trampled by others even if it puts me in position to have to fight society which is not uncommon as a result. I think KPJ deserved to get out there and play and that didnt happen this season so this org failed to protect their investment. If they want to put the blame on him padding their own backs saying we did this or that and this is how he thanks us it just sounds like they say one thing and do another imo.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,081

Post#15 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:18 am

I'm locking this when people have had time to calm down, get more information, and speak rationally about the subject, I may unlock it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers